Author Topic: My Translator Friend , little corner .  (Read 15152 times)

Arnold

My Translator Friend , little corner .
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:24:22 am »
As I have invited my Translator of about two years and good Friend , I have started this Thread just for Him . Now this Threat will be Moderated thightly , as no one is too get out of Hand and make Him uncomfortable having People that show no respect toward's Him as well as Me . I invited Him , to show us , what makes up a Translator's Day at the Office and out on the Road . But not to loose a Friend . So everybody is to be ask to enjoy his stay here and hopefully we all learn something new and useful in our Quest for that wonderful Wife , that we are all after .

Offline Hajo

RE: My Translator Friend , little corner .
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:19 am »
That was a good idea Arnold. That will give us some more knowledge about the translators work and how the system works. Great!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:24:10 am »
Arnold you're my friend and I trust you so I promise I'll behave myself. Welcome to our humble forum. Maybe we can actually get some real objective answers as opposed to the stuff we've been getting. Proteous was good yet was shortlived. Being a friend of Arnold's at least I know the source is who they say they are and know his agenda is  truelly help us. See the old Chnlove guru still has it after all. So I guess old dogs can actually be taught new tricks after all.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22:52 pm »
Thanks Guy's , I know you speak for most of our Member's here . Now he will let me know under what name he will sign up , as soon he is ready to jump right in . Even Qing is excited , I have done this . Hehe

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:20:24 am »
When is your friend going to post arnold?:icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:58:54 am »
Rob , he will come when it is convenient for him to do so . I send him an E-Mail yesterday , politely asking him for a date . Have not yet got a reply back . I have told him of some impatient Member's . :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:59:35 am by Arnold »

Offline China Shark

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:59:30 am »
Well, done Arnold. Appreciate the gesture to give us all piece of mind. No more yap yap yapping in my ear.
Shark
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:23 am »
Here is his latest News , received it yesterday .

Ni hao Arnold

Sorry for the late reply , it is too late here , about two O'clock here , yes, I am interested in coming to your forum , but I am very busy within two days , I just flied back to Beijing , and one of my friend lost his passport in a taxi in Beijing and I am now dealing with this thing and sorry for the late joinning , I will join in you when I complete this thing , of course , please say hello to Qing firstly for me , the sudden thing intrupt my plan , sorry .

Will talk to you later

Your friend

Yang from Beijing

Boy , you really have to Watch your Passport's . As I alway's said , carry only copy's and leave the REAL thing in the Hotel safe .

Offline Andy

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:02:17 pm »
I have read this many times where people lose their passport or it got stolen. I can not remember the last time I lost something, but that might be because I have bad memory. :icon_biggrin: Well anyway I make sure I make a copy of mine and keep the original at the hotel. If a cop stop me and ask for my papers does the copy of the passport sufficient?

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 12:37:08 am »
Andy , if it has a CLEAR Photo of you on the copy , the Passport number can be seen as well ... it is good to go . If in some kind of trouble and they want the Real thing , well you tell them where it is .

feisnik

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:19 am »
The Chinese law is that you must carry your passport on you at all times. Keep a COPY of the passport AND the visa in your bags, just in case you lose yours.

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:14 pm »
I thought (I read) the Hotel holds the passport for you? or is that just for check in?

feisnik

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='11507' dateline='1249662854'

I thought (I read) the Hotel holds the passport for you? or is that just for check in?

That is how they did it in the old days. Now they make a copy for themselves to fill out the residential permit. If you do not stay in a hotel, you must go to the local police station and fill out a permit saying where you are residing withing 24 hours of your arrival in that city.

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 11:35:31 pm »
Nik , As Qing and I , her Brother and his wife came back from a Sunday out at an Park they had a Road check on the way back to Shanghai , seeing that I was a Foreinger , " They " Police in Uniform , ask to see my  Passport . I showed him the Copy of my Passport and of the Visa , obiously that was enough , as I'm here to write about it . That same goes for Traveling in Europe , you never have your Passport in a Bag or Pocket , only copies .
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:36:20 pm by Arnold »

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:50 am »
My translator Friend , has checked out our Forum and had a little trouble signing in and finding this Thread . I send him a message to make it clear of what to do . So he might be here any day now . Let's make him feel welcome .