Author Topic: Rotten chnlove agencies  (Read 29019 times)

Offline Mike Moore

Re: Rotten chnlove agencies
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 08:36:44 pm »
Arnold, concerning that note I sent to the translator, here's the response I got:

"It is my honor to be the translator for you and Miss X, my name is Tim, I am working in hand in hand agency of Zhuhai, do not worry about your writing style, I enjoy it :-) and please just write whatever you want to tell her, I am sure you will be together with her soon! Wish you good luck!"

I'm going to try to develop a good relationship with this guy and eventually get his impression of my lady. After all, if in the unlucky event this angel is the devil in disguise, he could steer me to a genuine woman and still rake in big bucks on emfs without missing a beat. Win-Win. Hey, maybe that could be my Chinese name - win-win. Unless it means dogshit in Chinese or something.

Tampa Mike

Offline Carl

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 11:04:47 pm »
Maybe it means "strong green swimmer with warts"? LOL j/k  :D

Offline Jay W

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 12:35:11 am »
CS Mike--

I am still a little confused at the type of scam P558 is running, but my gut feeling is they are running a scam.  I've noticed most of my admirer letters coming from this agency lately (9 out of 10).  Would it be more beneficial if we spotlighted the golden apples instead of the bad?  :ugeek:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 01:44:17 am »
I've been talking to a lady from p558 for a while.  She's not my girl, I've told her I'm serious about someone else but I still send a message once in a while and she has not once tried to get me to write her more or keep writing her.  She's been very open and honest with me and encourages me when I have doubts about my lady.  Maybe she's the only real one from p558?
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline China Shark

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:26 am »
Jay W the scam is to send out form letters and just plain fake letters to illicit guys to write back therefore generating money from the emfs. It is a tough one to call who is real and who is a ringer or a fake. Best way I have of eliminating the scum is by putting out in the open in the first or second letter. Let her and the translator know that if if anything is not on the up and up you will be contacting customer service as well the authorities in reguards to fraud. Granted if she is real you might lose her due to the mistrust factor. If it is a scam they immediately drop off the radar when you suggest that you know what the game is and are not willing to play along. Once they are found out you are not worth thier time anymore. Set up criteria for them, ask for real recent pictures, push for webcam even if English is shaky, make them work for your emfs, if it is bogus it will not be worth the time invested for them. Try to stay away from the smoking hotties because a large part of these profiles are total ringers and not actually seeking a man. Could be two scenarios, first one is a two person operation translator and fake profile sending generic letters to guys and splitting the emfs fees. Second could be the agency itself encouraging the translators to send out mass form letters to see if can generate additional revenue, many times the women are not even aware of being used in this scam. P558 is a really bad agency I'm sad to tell you. Some of the most blatant underhanded stuff I dealt was through that agency, maybe I was just unlucky but I think not. Just try to be aware of everything going on around you and do not take it for granted that all Chinese people are honest. Buyer beware and make sure to check under the hood to make sure they are not trying to sell you a lemon. Just my thoughts.
China Shark  Mike :mrgreen:
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline David

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 09:09:18 pm »
Quote from: "Nick L"
Add P512, Yibang Rose to the list

Hey Nick what happened with this agency?  I just started writing to a woman from this agency so I am very concerned now...

What do you guys think about using the flowers and photographs gift to help prevent getting scammed?  If the woman you are writing gets the flowers and is photographed with them at least you know you are talking to a real woman and she then has to be aware of your existance right?  I know this would not help if the woman and the translator are working a scam together but it is a start.

You know it is funny... I have started writing to two different women now and both times I could tell when the translater stopped helping.  And both times it was like it suddenly became a chore for them to write their own letters.  That was one of the main reasons I stopped writing them.  If it is a chore to write to me after only a couple of weeks imagine what it would be like after a year?

So hopefully I will be more lucky with number three... but now it turns out Nick has had some kind of trouble with that agency which does not bode well... :roll:  :cry:  :evil:

Big Dave

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
Chnlove is real but I am a bit suspicious about their business practices. I always wonder when 90 percent of the women I send cupids or 1st letters to actually answer and want to write to me. I am not handsome and just average. On other websites I get far less response (10 percent).

As a rule, I always ask for the lady's personal e-mail and if she doesn't correspond at all via her e-mail and insists on using Chnlove, I suspect it is a money grab by the local agency.

Some of you may think I am very cynical but I have a long experience dealing with agencies albeit not Chinese ones. Indeed you may meet an honest good woman but I suspect the type of women who are attracted to agencies are mostly opportunists. It's up to you to use your head and not emotions to determine if you are being played or not.

IMO, the best way to meet a lady overseas is to be introduced by a friend or stay there long enough to network and know someone. Of course most of us cannot do that so we are at the mercy of the Internet businesses.

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:36 am »
This is getting a bit concerning. Maybe I have been naive but as a newbie I did a lot of reading at the Chnlove forum and people there always told the newbies that almost all women were sincere, saying "this is the real thing!" and stuff like that. There were even discussions about how much more sincere Chinese ladies are compared to Western women...! When my lady cheated on me and I found out, I wrote a short thing about it on the forum. But it was never posted. I didn't even mention what had happened in detail but wrote I would write more when I knew more. Still the admin refused to post it. How many of those have been written by different guys over the years and then being denied to post it on the forum? I didn't criticize Chnlove or anything like that.

I wish this board would've existed a few months ago, I think it could have saved a lot of time, money and frustration for many of us.

I just checked and I've received some admirer letters from girls from P558 too. I guess I will play it safe and stay away from them altogether.

Offline Nick L

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 12:39:21 pm »
We may not need to add P512 to the list after all.  I think I may have been wrong.  I'll give more info when I have more time.
David, I may be wrong about the agency.  I will let you know what I find.

MiguelfromSpain

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 08:24:05 pm »
How bad is all this...

we must have a lot of respect for them, be careful not to hurt their feelings or their delicate hearts, different culture bla bla bla...but nobody cares a s**t how we feel when we discover that the sweet words are just the translatorĀ“s,( this is what really infuriates me most), that we are expected to pay an enormous amount of money for the girl to their parents, a wedding ring worth of an Audi, a wedding for 200 people and sustain the family in China on a monthly basis...
I am quite trapped for a girl I am writing to who says she is studying in France, now please is anybody else contacting her? Better know early than late for sure...Best  wishes for you all and thanks for this site,

MiguelfromSpain

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:09 pm »
Miguel - my sentiments exactly! If I wanted to get the runaround I can do that comfortably from my hometown. But still, there are enough success stories among the brethren here to keep the hope alive. Navigating our way from point A to B is the tough part. One would think that if your lady is in France she must have some language ability and technical prowess. You can't wean her away from the EMF service?

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 09:15:24 pm »
Not sure if this is worth a thread of its own, but at least it's a good question: Given all the talk of scams recently, I would be curious to know the ages of the suspect women who have been busted by our team. It it mostly young women (under 32) that have been confirmed as scams? With the stories we have all heard about women with kids, age 35+, getting a real bad shake in China as far as marriage prospects, I'm curious about the scam rate on the "senior" circuit for women.

Offline cHi

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 09:30:19 pm »
Quote from: "Chong"
Geordie ... Partially true. The translator will know if a relationship is moving along or not. In the meantime, they have to consider all potential male candidates; thus, the "Form Letters" at the beginning. As some guys have mentioned, their translator wrote tens of letters BEFORE their lady got notification that he was interested in her. For example, the agency will pick the 5 best men out of 10 and present them to the lady to choose. In another case, the lady didn't know the man existed till he arrived in China ( after an exchange of 60 EMFs ).  Also if the lady is corresponding through private email and no longer using the agency's EMFs, they may use her profile to send out "Admirer Letters". The scam agencies won't hesitate to write you 10 EMFs and then, all of a sudden, the lady's not interested. It's early in the relationship so you won't be heartbroken, but meanwhile, they soaked you for $ 100. Multiply that by how many men ???

Bear in mind that I'm painting a worst case scenario here  :evil: in reply to this particular thread. There are good honest agencies out there.

Hi - you mentioned someone communicated in 60 EMFs and the lady did not know about the man until he arrived?  That's downright scary!  It's making me paranoid about the ladies I don't have direct communication with >_<  Is this 60 EMF case written anywhere that I can read about it?  I don't even know what I would do if it were me... O_O

Chong

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:43 pm »
cHi ... the story's in the Facebook archives. Basically, the translator wrote all the letters. When the gentleman got to the agency, he didn't get along with the lady and then the agency tried to set him up with others. I give the guy credit for not blowing his fuse but if it was me ...  :evil:

Offline cHi

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:42 pm »
OH - is that the one where the girl's mom was ill?