Author Topic: Some pictures of Wuhan  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Bob

Some pictures of Wuhan
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:03:53 pm »
Hello all, here are a few pictures I have taken of Wuhan during my 3 visits in Sept-08,Jan-09,and May-09.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:25:32 pm by Bob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Some pictures of Wuhan
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:11:13 pm »
Bob, very nice photos, thank you.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »
That is where I am getting married in 17 more days.  Thanks for the photo's.  My fiancee/wife's family is from there. Anything special you did that you liked?
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:32:21 pm »
Nice pictures but no pretty ladies.  I'm not jealous of you at all.  :P
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 09:48:41 pm »
Love the pics Bob. Thanks for sharing. sparks all kinds of memories.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:07:36 am »
Great pictures Bob, the pic's just make me envious of you being there.
Have a great trip and I hope your wedding it fantastic.
I came back from Wuhan on the 7th, I cannot wait till I get back there.
My lady is also a Wuhan girl; they definitely know how to spoil you.
Here is a couple of the picture I got the other week.
Congratulation to you and your new wife for your upcoming wedding.

Chet Sams

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:58:37 am »
Finally some picts of Wuhan. Now i know what it will look like before im there in December.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 02:48:54 pm »
Quote from: 'Glenn5344' pid='12937' dateline='1250420856'

Here is a couple of the picture I got the other week.

Glenn , are you having trouble attaching Photo's ? Let us know , there are many to help you with that .

Offline Bob

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 08:01:34 pm »
Glenn, I was in Wuhan in September of 2008, that is when I got married to my wonderful wife :heart:, I returned in December/January 2009 to spend the holidays with my wife and the family, my third visit to Wuhan (and the latest) was in May of 2009. If all goes well my wife should be here with me in my country in mid September 2009:icon_biggrin:  If not, then I will return to Wuhan.  Please ask one of the mods or brothers here to help you upload your pictures, we would really like to see them, thank you.  Perhaps in another thread you can tell us about your trip ? Would be interesting to read (if you do not mind that is)

Sam, you are in for a trip of a lifetime, I wish you all the best and perhaps you can also share your pictures and stories with us ? :icon_cheesygrin:  

Wish you guys all the best, Here are a few more pictures of Wuhan, :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:02:28 pm by Bob »

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 08:26:14 am »
Hi Guys, :fi_lone_ranger:
Thanks for all the messages and the help, it is not that the forum is hard it is just me I have got the read and comprehend it better and then apply it correctly. (Sounds simple :s)

Bob thanks for leaving the message and telling me about your trips (a belated congratulations on your wedding).
I hope that your wait comes through soon for you, 12 months is a long time to be waiting for your love ones to be with you.
You must be starting to get fairly excited and looking forward to be having your wife with you in a few weeks. I hope they give you the good news soon.:icon_biggrin:
I thought your pic's were great (brought back some great memories) and the clarity in them is really good, every time I go there it is either raining, overcast or smoggy so I am jealous of your clear pic's.:dodgy:

You have been to Wuhan quite a few times Bob? When I look back at my travel dates I think we have been in Wuhan within a few weeks of each other. :icon_biggrin:
I have been there 5 times since October 2008. I only returned back home on the 7th August so I still have Wuhan fresh in my mind and I am planning another trip back there in 4 or 5 week.
My lady there keeps me on my toes so I have to do the right thing and keep her busy trying to take care of me by going there as often as I can each year.

On the 3rd I proposed to my lady (I do not know who was more surprise me or her) so I will also be going though the long wait trying to get her out with me. So I get a better understanding of what you have been going through over the last 11 or 12 months. I hope they do not take that long for me.

I will try to make the time to start a new thread and tell you our story (once I get finished with all the paperwork) and I will get the pic’s posted at the same time.

Again guys that’s for all the assistance, Bob it is great hearing from another lucky guy that has found his new wife from the same city as my lady. Great Pic’s Thanks,:icon_cheesygrin:

Wish everyone the best.

Chet Sams

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:41:05 pm »
Well bob. I cant wait to go there. I think i have about x5 8 gig of san disks for the camera. So i will not have an issue with running out of photos. Just sadly the short time frame will suck if i do like it alot over there. 17 days will seem very short if it comes to that. But i am sure i will have a story after the new year when come back home.

Offline Bob

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 09:25:22 pm »
Thanks Glenn, and I also wish you the best with your lady. I'm  curious,,,,,did you visit the P509 CL Agency on the 12th floor when you were over there? and if you don't mind me asking, who is your translator? Nancy? (the short skinny girl that looks like she is 12,lol, I kept telling her to eat something, she must gain some weight,lol) please PM me if you like. Sure would be nice to see some of your pictures of Wuhan.:icon_biggrin:

Sam, when exactly do you plan on going to visit Wuhan?  A little about Wuhan,,,,,Wuhan is a great city with just over 8+ million, (However it obviously is not a  popular tourist place such as Shanghai or Beijing). In Hankou (hope I spelled it right) in the center of town is a really nice man-made lake with high rise buildings,Hotels,shops,and the shopping mall all basically centered around it. Actually there is some pictures of this area in my post here, and they also have some really beautiful parks and if you go down to the docks you can take a boat tour that offers meals during dinner time. Wuhan is known as the 3rd most hottest place to visit in China during the summer season, I mean weather wise, it is an oven!, with the average summer temperatures  in the 30's and very humid. it really seemed like there was a lot less people there then what I was expecting for a city of 8+ million, perhaps they all stayed in their homes when they seen me coming down the street,,LOL, "Lao woi" !! :icon_cheesygrin: Joking aside, they are really nice people and very friendly. Wuhan doesn't get too many foreign visitors so of course it is normal that everyone will stare at you, but then again anywhere you go in China they will stare, they are just curious I guess, thinking to them self's "What the hell is he doing here so far from home, is he lost"? LoL. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:45:38 pm by Bob »

Chet Sams

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:08:11 pm »
I will be there christmas afternoon wuhan time till jan 8th. I am wellllll aware of heat. Try las vegas at this time of the year. 100+ with humidity. Pretty much the hottest area of the states. And yep i was informed of the staring scene too. Specially when im 6 foot 7 inch. I have that one person comment will be made. Godzilla. Dont know why it keeps popping in my head. But i will be in Bejing for a lovely 5 hour layover till Wuhan. Which will give me some new scenery time in. Then if i make the Macau run like i want to. Get to see my workplace in action. Which will be interesting.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:11:24 pm by Chet Sams »

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 08:12:42 am »
Hi Bob thanks for the comment, it's nice of you.
I was very lucky Bob, the lady I am seeing (Zuwei) speaks very good English so I have not had the need of a translator or the services of the agencies.
I do not know if was brave or stupid (well maybe both), we decided early in our introductions and courtship that we would persist and get through the difficult initial stages on our own, and then let things just naturally progress, and we are quite glad for that.

I thought your comment about the young lady at the agency was fairly comical. I would not suggest that Zuwei she should eat more, if I did I would be scared that she would Wuhan out of house and home. She sure can put the tucker away, I have never seen anyone that petite size eat so much food so often :icon_biggrin:.

Offline geogexavier

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 05:12:01 am »
Awesome pictures..
Wonderful collection.Thank you so much for sharing them..