Author Topic: By Request: My Wedding Video  (Read 4943 times)

feisnik

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: By Request: My Wedding Video
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:50:03 am »
Bring the Popcorn folks - and for Martin we have Dumpling flavored popcorn :fi_lone_ranger:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:34 am »
This was one of the first video's I had seen when I was researching weddings in China.  I had never met Nik before but I was fascinated by his video.  I know many of the original guys have watched this video as well.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:21:43 pm »
Yes this vidio was well worth the time :icon_cheesygrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 04:43:38 pm »
I also forgot to say : "what a really nice video" ^^
At first, when I saw the car leaving with Nik & Fei, I first thought "Eh guys, look, there's a fire!!" but not at al... ^^
I just can notice too that you feel really "sage", Nik, on the video ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:05:26 pm »
I watched the video the first time Nik posted it.I wanted to see how different it was from mine.It is a cool video well worth seeing.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:38:24 pm »
Thanks Nik. I always enjoy watching this.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:58:36 pm »
Nik, how did you get so lucky.  A very beautiful bride.  Can she drink you under the table?  Thanks for sharing,  I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

feisnik

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
Well she can drink very well, as almost all Chinese can. I was completely drunk at the end of the wedding as was she, but she passed out and I spent time talking to her grandfather and great-uncle. hey were intrigued that Nik in Chinese had 2 characters: ?? and they actually liked my tattoos that they could see.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 05:37:33 pm »
I sent it to my mother and she loved it also.  i told her it looked like one of my families parties while I was growing up.  Everyone Eating, drinking and singing and smoking. different part of the world same people. hehe Chinese or Irish no difference just in language.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »
I tried to send the video to Lucy who's in China right now, she couldn't open it at all. Said something about not being available yet..... its been there since this time last year (18 Aug 08) ...haha!!  I thought it was mainly U Tube that was ''locked out'' in China??

David.....

Offline DCJx2b

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 09:34:16 pm »
I dont mean to sound horrible, but i think he doesnt really look very happy in the video, and she ignores him alot?

Offline Bob

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:41 am »
Quote from: 'DCJx2b' pid='15887' dateline='1252373656'

I dont mean to sound horrible, but i think he doesnt really look very happy in the video, and she ignores him alot?

They are both very happy, and probably very tired from the whole ordeal. I remember my wedding day, and I was exhausted before it even began.

His wife is not ignoring her husband, she is simply giving good face to the family and friends at her wedding. Also it is easy to understand that it is difficult for the groom to fully interact (verbally) in Chinese with his guest, put yourself in his position.

I personally think it was a great video, I wish you both all the best and many happy wonderful years ahead.

David5o

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 08:30:05 am »
I don't think Nik looks unhappy at all, but he does look a bit lost, as in not knowing what the hell's going on next...haha!! Basically all he can do, is follow his new wife, and smile when appropriate.

What else can he do, the only person there, he could speak to with any fluency was the translator, but if you notice, his wife was also filling him in on things too.
All will get much better as his wife learns more and more English and is in an environment where she can put her English to good use, that's when she'll understand the language better too....

All the best to you Nik and your wife, now that you have your wife safely at home with you now....

David....

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:15 am »
Nik thanks I really enjoyed watching the video, and I can understand about all the booze, but I just have to ask you one question, how many cartons of cigarettes did you happen to pass out to all those people, but really it was great, the only problem I will have I guess is the drinking as I cant drink alcohol as it makes me very sick, hope that I can use something other then that for the toasts....lol
And my own thoughts are that you were both very happy but it had to be a bit of an ordeal not really being able to interact like you wife was able to do because of the launguage problem. I wish the two of you the very best of everything for now and in the future
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor