Author Topic: A Southerners continuing journey in China  (Read 37990 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
A Southerners continuing journey in China
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:45:14 pm »
This will be my third trip to China within a year.  September of 08, an almost total bust trip.  March 2009, could have been one, but turned out as the trip that changed my life. I met and became engaged with my Yunxiang or as I call her Angel.  Tomorrow I will board a plane at 8 AM in Chattanooga, Tn. and will land in Beijing at 8:05 PM on Tuesday. Beijing time.  I have also take an early retirement to do this. I will be met by my Angel and taken to our home that she has created for us.  I have seen pictures of it and am impressed with it.  it is in a good area, 12th floor with a glassed in balcony off of the bedroom with an amazing view of the city.  Fully furnished and all utilities included except internet for $600.  USD per month.  or a short tern lease at $800 a month.  Internet $14.00 usd for broadband. There we are going to stay for at least 2 months.
On August 18th we are flying to Wuhan where we will be married with her family in attendance.  Then one week later back to Beijing.  i do not know at this point where we will go after this.  We have decided to stay mostly in our "home" with each other.  we will go traveling the first month as she has the month off.  After that I have not decided yet.  we are just going to play it by ear. (as far as I know anyway, hehe)  Of course this is a big step as we here know.  If someone had told me a year ago my life would be on this track i would have told them they were crazy. I am 58 years old coming out of a 30 year marriage.  i just knew i did not want another woman like my ex wife. And most American women I know were just too much like her.  I have always been attracted to Asian women since I was in Vietnam.  I had a serious relationship then.  But the war got in the way, I was wounded and spent a year in the hospital.  I was never able to get back there. (That is why Chong says he is my illegitimate son).  Anyway.  I will attempt to keep all who is interested informed of my journey as well.  I have not had my blog set up as yet, but I will try later this evening and put the whereabouts here.  I am looking forward to hooking up with Irish and then at some point i want to hook up with Chong as well. (Maybe we will go to his birthplace together, hehe.) Anyone who comes to Beijing, you can contact me and I will do anything I can to help. or just grab a meal together and compare notes.  Anyone who wants me to check up on a woman there, I will, (although, Angel has said she will go with me, hehe)  I have most certainly lain awake at night considering this big move. But when I get on QQ, talk to her and see her, I know why and am certain this is the right thing to do.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Chong

RE: A Southerners continuing journey in China
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='11908' dateline='1249861514'

I have always been attracted to Asian women since I was in Vietnam.  I had a serious relationship then.  But the war got in the way, I was wounded and spent a year in the hospital.  I was never able to get back there. (That is why Chong says he is my illegitimate son).  

... and you can also say "Hi" to my siblings ... "Pho Duong" [ your OTHER son ] & "Phuong Ngo" [ your daughter ] ... didn't know you had "Triplets", eh ???  Looking forward to seeing you, Dad. We can make up for the 47 lost years of abandonment.   :icon_cool:

Have A Great Time With Angel !!!

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:35:48 am »
Have a wonderful Trip and a lovely Wedding , Jim  . As I will never forget the wonderful thing you did way back when , not getting involved with another Woman . One does not forget those kind of ... what can I say ? you proofed your Love for just this Woman , that is going to be your Wife . All the best to you and your Son Chong .
Happyness to you and Angel alway's .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:07:01 am »
JimB did you happen to get to Scotland?....DAD.........lol:angel:

Offline Chong

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 11:54:36 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='11960' dateline='1249902421'

JimB did you happen to get to Scotland?....DAD.........lol:angel:

Yeah, I think Sarge also fought in "The Wars of Scottish Independence" during which he was involved in a serious relationship with a local Scottish lassie.

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 01:04:19 pm »
Did you do a DNA check on Chong... :icon_biggrin:
I hope you will keep us posted as much as you can. Soon you will also write in the tread about married men and their marriage with Chinese women "Daily life of a married man"
Have a really good time !!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:05:41 pm by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 07:32:16 pm »
Yes Peter I would really like to have JimB imput on married to a Chinese women.While living in China.I think that would add a hole new demention to it.

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:50:38 pm »
What you don't know what the word means.Sorry Mike.It puts a different spin on the thread My life as a married man.See my wife lives in the states with me.JimB he is going to be living with his wife in China.So I would really like to hear what he has to say about Living in China with his wife

Offline Chong

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 09:37:01 pm »
I think you meant to write the word ... "dimensions".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:38:15 pm by Chong »

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 02:27:07 am »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='12059' dateline='1249955182'

I thought demention was a new word that was the plural form or multiple application of the term dementia ....

something my ex has

:icon_cheesygrin:

Well, it's something that us guys have for sure ... for going through this crazy abnormal process of finding a Chinese bride ..... hahahahahaha  :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline JimB

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 05:07:43 am »
Ok, I am in Seoul waiting for my connection to Beijing.  I had the best flight from Atlanta to Seoul.  KAL, bumped me up to business class on their 747.  That is the only way to fly this type of trip if you can get it.  The seats actually fold out into beds. On demand TV. only two seats to a side. 1 stew for 12 passengers.  I love KAL.  But never, never take an extra baggage. $200 and at every change they hold you up to make sure you paid for it.  I cannot sleep on the plane though. Never could.  So, i have 2 hours here waiting for my connection.  Nice free wifi in the airport though.  I talked to Angel before leaving Atlanta, she is going to meet me and take me home.  First things first.  Shower. then none of your business. Will talk to you all later.   This will be different.  The adventure continues.

I fought in a couple of wars, but never went to Scotland.  Although I did have a scottish terrier.  lol

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08:47 am »
Jim did you fly into Atlanta from Tenn.? How'd you get bumped up to first class? I want to do that too? :icon_biggrin:

feisnik

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 09:14:01 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='12095' dateline='1249981663'

Ok, I am in Seoul waiting for my connection to Beijing.  I had the best flight from Atlanta to Seoul.  KAL, bumped me up to business class on their 747.  That is the only way to fly this type of trip if you can get it.  The seats actually fold out into beds. On demand TV. only two seats to a side. 1 stew for 12 passengers.  I love KAL.  But never, never take an extra baggage. $200 and at every change they hold you up to make sure you paid for it.  I cannot sleep on the plane though. Never could.  So, i have 2 hours here waiting for my connection.  Nice free wifi in the airport though.  I talked to Angel before leaving Atlanta, she is going to meet me and take me home.  First things first.  Shower. then none of your business. Will talk to you all later.   This will be different.  The adventure continues.

I fought in a couple of wars, but never went to Scotland.  Although I did have a scottish terrier.  lol

Seoul has free showers in the airport. Shower there!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 02:39:54 pm »
I am pretty sure he is old enough to have fought with William Wallace...FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Offline JimB

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »
Vince,
They said they were reconfiguring the plane and said since this is my third trip with them, they bumped me up. It was
Business class nor first class.  They had the door to the first class cabin closed and you could not get in.  I really wanted to see what that was like. hehe

I did not see the showers in Seoul.  next time. I will know.
Okay, Left Seoul 40 minutes late.  they set me to this really cute Korean girl of 29. Who spoke English.  We had a good time. She was funny. We ended up exchanging e mails and she may call Angel this week.  She is sending me the phone pics we took. Because i know nobody would believe it.  It must be that when I tell them I am engaged it gets their motors going or something. She asked me if I would show her Beijing.  I told her only if Angel could come along. She said she would call. Yea.

Got in, not one check anywhere  other than showing my passport to the entry guard.  That is it.  No temp taken, no x rays, nothing. I do not know if it was coming in from Korea or what.  I was the only round eye on the plane.  Everyone else was Asian.  Got my 4 bags of luggage, yes four bags.  One is filled with gifts though. Really it is.  One whole large suitcase.  But, I want to make a good impression on the new family.  Got some cute new nieces who are 7 and 8 years old.  took Scotts idea, and got them Yo yo's. Just as a little added thing.  Thanks Scott.  Found her out in the waiting area pacing back and forth.  I saw her before she saw me.  She looked worried.  It did my heart good to see her.  Anyway I took off down the ramp to where she was.  Grabbed her and even though she was uncomfortable, I kissed her and swung her around.  She laughed and said I was a crazy westerner.  She had hired a car so the driver grabbed my luggage and off we went to our home.  This is rally nice, she has done a great job with the little things making it ours.  It is a really great place.  12th floor with one glassed in porch and one great window off of the living room giving a spectacular view of the city.  I quickly grabbed a shower and off to bed.  I really was exhausted.  Like I said, none of your business.  This morning we woke early and just lounged around in bed.  I got the computer hooked up to our internet connection and am doing my updates while she is cooking breakfast.  i can see her from where I am at. I cannot keep mind on what I am doing cause I see her being a wife.  And it does my heart good.  When we arrived last night it was dark out. About 5 am this morning I got up to get something to drink and walked out into the kitchen all nauralle looked up and saw my neighbor standing on his balcony not 5 feet away.  I did a movie double take and shot back into the bedroom closing the door.  I peeked out and he was just standing there staring at the spot I was just standing at. ( How to impress new neighbors. 101.)  I do not know whether he was thinking he dreamed this, seeing some white guy standing in a kitchen naked or if he really saw it.  I think I will really get some kitchen drapes today.  Well, she is calling me in to eat.  She wont let me do a thing.  She said, go play on the computer while I do my job.  I think I hit a home run.  Except, she hasnt got the main ring on yet.  Oh, by the way, they want you to drink everything hot.  Even milk.  Very, Very hard for me to do.  But, I am keeping my mouth shut because “it is good for you”.
After breakfast she clued me into the weeks activities, I started grabbing the dishes, again.  Go play with the computer. She is cleaning up and doing the dishes.  Also doing laundry from yesterday.  Guys, I am telling you I can get used to this.  I love this woman. More in a couple of days.
jim
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:12:18 pm by JimB »