Author Topic: A Southerners continuing journey in China  (Read 37988 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: A Southerners continuing journey in China
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »
Great update Sarge.  Yes, the blogs and facebook have been blocked for awhile.  Don't worry about reading our blogs though...keep up the great work with yours.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:24 pm »
Now the down side begins.  Qingqing. She announced this morning that she is not going to the wedding.  She signed up for a pageant that lasts 10 days in Shanghai.  She can not leave even for a few hours.  She did this about two weeks ago.  Knowing the wedding date and that I had purchased non refundable tickets from Beijing to Wuhan. This little girl needs a good spanking.  She acts like she is 5 years old.  I know this was all done to hurt her mother.  but, with the next breath she wants us to go shopping with her to buy clothes for the pageant.  I told Angel, I will not spend any money in this.  I have brought her a lot of gifts when I came. So we will see if I am now welcome to go.
Angel just go a call from the hospital.  Her good friend died this morning.  I do not know what happened but will update later.  Qingqing and her cousin and I are in the house.  I am in the bedroom writing this.  While she pouts that we havent left for shopping.  it is all I can do to keep my mouth shut.  I will though.  I am not going to interfere as yet.  

And Scott. I am not exaggerating one bit. Every word was true. I am marrying my dream wife.  we will see what happens when the ring goes on. lol  If she keeps up half I will be ecstatic.

I havent heard from Irish, has anyone?
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline maxx

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 12:12:42 am »
Sarge yes you got it right don't interefere.Baby girl does need a attitude adjustment.I can't beleave that she is showing you and her mother no face.

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 02:20:47 am »
Jim, great update. Alway's good to see somebody else as happy as I am.

About Irish ? He must of ran into Ling "ONE" with Ling "TWO" and just having a blast. No time to post.:icon_cheesygrin:

Anyway, nobody misses Hajo? He's disappeared just as fast. From now on , anybody leaving for China ... must sign a Contract to post his Adventure here on a daily bases.:@
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:21:35 am by Arnold »

Offline JimB

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 07:47:27 am »
Apparently there is a complete blackout where he is at.  i talked to Zhang, Angels friend who is from there.  She said things heated up again and there is a total blackout.  Dont know any more than that.  We just talked to her a few hours ago so anything new I will post also.
More on Qingqing in the next update.  Frankly I am glad she is leaving tomorrow for Shanghai. When I get her to the states there will be a complete overhaul on this little kid.
At least with me keeping my mouth shut, Angel and I are having a great time.  we are getting closer and closer day by day.  I do not want to blow that. We cannot keep our hands off of each other.  but, i mean in the sense of just wanting to touch or hug, laying there watching a movie or just practicing our languages.  we spend an hour each day going over English and Chinese.  We cannot pass each other without touching or giving a quick kiss.  I still feel like I am 16 again with my first love.

Offline Darius

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 08:03:03 am »
Jim... Sorry i guess i am a bit late to send my best wishes to you and your Angel for the approaching wedding day in 6 days! Great story so far.

Dont you think you need to spend more time with your new daughter. She is too young and your going to change her whole life with all those things she was and is accustomed to. Maybe she even thinks your going to steal her mother or acts out of pure jealousy of her mother loving anybody else than just her. She havent grasp it yet that she´ll win a great daddy as well? It takes simply its time.

Arnold... Your right. Its 15th. I guess Hajo is sitting next to Vicky now on a plane with a just married flag flying back home asking himself " Is It Real "?! and i´m sure Jim gonna ask himself the same question in a few days!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 08:24:30 am »
JimB, you'll be happy to know that the wanting to just touch hands or on the arm or a quick passing kiss will never go away, we still do this, some time when i am working on the computer for a while, she will walk by behind me and just touch, very lightly on the side of my face as she walks by, this is her way of letting me know two things, 1) that she love me and 2) that she thinks I have worked long enough for one day,
Enjoy all of this, its grea, and soon you will find that you are doing the same with her if you aren't already.
happy for you Jim, isn't :heart: great.

Hajo is so far in I can't believe this is real land he has forgotten completly about us for the time being LOL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:26:10 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline JimB

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 05:48:29 am »
Yes, well I actually tried that last night.  I brought out a deck of cards asking her if she would like to learn a new game.  It took a bit of persuasion but she played.  The problem was it was a game where there was no way for me to let her win.  So I beat the crap out of her.  That was that.  Yesterday, we did go shopping and she did not ask me for anything at all.  As a matter of fact she bought us dinner.  Bought me a drink. Problem was at 5 am I got the Beijing Bloat.   I have been sicker than a dog all day.  It was probably something I ate or drank, but jesus.  Angel is really taking care of me.  She is so cute, she is soo worried about me.  This morning she got up and went to the hospital and got every kind of drug there was for this, plus some for the heart.  She said that this bug puts a strain on your heart.  I wasnt there when Qingqing got the drink, so I have my suspicions.  But later in the evening she went to Mama and said she needed 1200 Yuan for her trip.  I told Mama that was fine if she wanted to, it was her decision.  Privately I will not enable that type of behavior.  
So I have been following her advice.  Drinking hot water and the whole bit. I am feeling better this afternoon.  But very weak.  And Qingqing is now gone for a month.  Apparently this AM she signed up for an additional set of competitions which will put her back just in time to start school.
Plus you all know I have been in a couple of wars,  this morning at 7 am world war three started under my .  When I actually crawled outfrom under the bed. I found out that when a person of note dies, they set off a ton of fireworks near where he lived. I am telling you it really sounded like it started off with a grenade launch and grew from there.  If I wasnt so sick I would have gotten a chuckle out of it.  Still a bit weak.  See you all later.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 07:44:00 am »
Hope you feel better soon Jim, at least now you won't have to put up with Qingqings nonsense for a while
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Ed W

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 04:55:30 pm »
Wow Jim, I'm sorry to hear about the sudden illness. Your doing the right thing though. Do what she tells you. I caught a cold, all-be-it not as bad as the sound of yours, and my wife had me back on my feet in 2 days.

Best wishes to ya man! Keep restin! We need more daily updates from ya.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48:30 pm »
I feel a little bit better today.  Still going to take it easy.  Want to be well on my feel for the wedding.  I am going to miss a special Peking Duck dinner today.  Brother in law had it set up.  Specially raised ducks and everything.  Maybe some other time after we get back.  Slept most of yesterday and all of last night.  Still woozy and running to the toilet. So will sign off for now.  Has anyone still not heard from Irish?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 08:22:37 am »
Or will he ever want too:angel:

Offline JimB

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:02 am »
Feeling much better this evening.  I stayed home again all day and laid around. Finally felt good enough to get something to eat.  I actualy lost one belt notch in the last 2 days.  Benny, Lisa and Zhang come over. Angel was goingto make dinner again \but  Itold her she had been doing too much so we went out to a cafeteria.  I took it easy on my eating though.  So felt pretty good.    Afterwards they all came over and just spent the evening like a family.  Talking and kidding around.  Zhang has spent 27 years in the military and her father was in some sort of "Program" for many years.  I told her it could be funny that either me or my father could have fought against her father as he was an advisor in both Korea and Viet Nam.  I starting laughing about it but she did not think it was that funny so I changed the subject.  We NEVER talk politics.  Angel is not political anyway.  I think we may have had a total of two conversations about it, and both were to the effect that we do not discuss it.  She knows I am a loyal American, I fought for my country and was wounded in Viet Nam and that other little war Grenada, (Yes I know no one was ever wounded in Grenada).  
Other than that it was just a pleasant evening at home except I could not understand three quarters of what was said.  I do know that I was the butt of a few jokes that I could not understand.  I know they were kidding and Benny filled me in.  Angel finally got along with Lisa.  I made it plain that Angel was my woman when lisa was there so there would be no jealousy.  It worked so now they can be friends.  Lisa is the nicest girl.  Very feminine.  someone needs to get to her or they will lose out on a beautiful pleasant old fashioned woman.  

I have been noticing that when we are out in public, I have not seen one pregnant woman.  I have seen plenty of women with children, but not one pregnant.  I mean I could have missed them of course but it seems sort of funny with that many people in Beijing you would miss that.  I asked benny, he said most pregnant women stay home and do not go out.  I thought that was a lie and said come on.  He said it was true.  The other thing I have noticed here is that of all the women i see on the street or in the buildings 80 % go from cute to pretty to beautiful.  I am not exaggerating. I have really been looking.  My standards are pretty high also.  80% of that about 50% are cute 40% pretty and 10% downright beautiful.  Just some of my musings.  If I had to do it over again I would not switch Angel with anyone, except maybe play around for about a year first. LOL.  A guy my age with a very little money could have a blast here dating a different woman every night if you wanted to and not one would you be ashamed to take home to show off.  they are all that good.
I would not change anyone for Angel.  She is going to be the perfect wife for me. As I write this she is putting her feet on my back, telling me it is time to quit and come to bed. Yes baby.

More later.

Jim,

PS I am getting a little worried about Irish.  this is not like him going this long with no word.  he has my address.

Offline maxx

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 09:15:46 pm »
JimB I'm like you I'm getting a little worried about Irishman.No word for days.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:19 pm »
Irishman is just building up our anticipation.