Author Topic: A Southerners continuing journey in China  (Read 38153 times)

Offline maxx

RE: A Southerners continuing journey in China
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2009, 12:12:12 am »
Hey Sarge I think it's time to put your foot down with your delinquint boy.Tell the little schmuck to quit trying to Chase the cats.And get a job.So he can buy his own plane ticket

Arnold

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 01:35:18 am »
Congrat's Jim and Gina !!! We welcome you to the Married Only Club with open arms . Please bring the Cigar's ... we supply the Rocking Chair's .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 02:47:39 am »
There is something big going to happen in Wuhan tomorrow.  I cannot talk about it yet as I got the information privately.  it will probably make the world news.  Lets just say my new family will be involved.  Even Yunxiang.  I am not Chinese family so I cannot go to do it. I would really stand out and be very suspicious.

I dont know if I talked about the park last night.  we went for a walk along the Yangtze River.  A green park runs along side. at 9 pm there were prople formed in exercise classes, kids on roller skates and roller blades.  Flying lighted kites, playing badminton, mahjong, an outdoor move theater private trails for lovers to stop and kiss. A really nice place. Hardly any policemen.  they are not needed.  No crime there.

I was craving some western food today so we found a place that sold steaks.  I went in and ordered a T Bone, medium rare.  This is what i got.  a 1/8 inch pan fried sort of t bone, covered in pepper and some sort of gravey and onions.  With noodles and a fried egg on the side.  50 rmb,  But ,we had to pay it all in advance, and when you added something you had to pay for that when you go it.  That is a first for me here.  Too hot to do anything else outside about 100 in the shade.  So we are hanging around the hotel. Until this evening when the wedding dinner will be held.  We are taking the day train back to Beijing on friday.  Leave at noon and arrive at 8 PM.  I wanted to see the countryside on the way back.  We will see how good of an idea it is.

And she is still taking good care of me.  it cracks me up when I get up inthe morning, walk into the bathroom of a 5 star hotel and see laundry hanging all over the place.  Anytime I start to say something about it.  she just gives me a look so I just drop it.  I found like the rest of the guys, that just give her the money and let her handle everything.  she is happiest that way.  I do not worry about anything.  She even pays for the cabs.  She did come to me today and ask me if it was ok to give Qingqing some minutes on her phone.  I said fine but just enough to be able to call you.  so she put 100 rmb on it.  of course Qingqing wanted 500 but Mama stuck to her guns.  I was proud of her for that.  I had better watch myself real close when she gets back so I do not get "sick" again.  If I die over here she would be the first place to start looking.  

Ok Son quit your belly aching.  dinger is right.  get your butt out and get a job if you earn a one way ticket that would be ok.  You can earn the rest after you get here.  Or I would probably be happy to buy your way back. lol.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Chong

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 03:46:02 am »
Mike ... Have a Great & Fun time with Jessica in Qingdao. 18 hours layover in Japan !!! :@  I thought my 6 hours layover in Seoul was bad !!! Are you going to hire a "Geisha" to occupy the time ? ... hehehe I'm currently back in Kaiping but too far away from Qingdao to meet up :s

Maxx ... I'll teach your boy to catch cats. When you're old & grumpy [ which isn't far away ], he'll feed you & tell you it's chicken. Just add some Mexican Salsa & Guacamole ... you won't know the difference. Heck, you have been eating 'Cat' in your local Chinese shithole and weren't wise to it.

Dad ... Are you being honor with the 'Keys' to Wuhan ??? ... or did you win the "Wuhan PowerBall Lottery" in which case ... a private jet is in order instead of a measy one-way ticket. I better get to you before ChaChing does ... :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Darius

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 04:20:25 am »
Jim... Hope you know what you have done!!... Say sharing last part of the journey with a woman your loving?! HAHA!
Your love story sounds still unbelievable. Maybe the life is really a box of chocolates...

Congratulations buddy, Wish you and Gina lots of years filled with joy and happiness. After years and years still like the first day.

Whats about the baby Gina wish to have? Still an issue?...

shaun

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2009, 04:53:49 am »
Jim,

I'm from Georgia, would you buy me a plane ticket to come there?

Shaun

Offline JimB

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2009, 10:50:09 am »
We had a great family wedding dinner tonight. Only about 20 people.  Everything went extremely well.  I couldnt be happier with my new Chinese family.  My new wife is absolutely amazing.  I couldnt have asked for anyone better than she is.  In everything, her first thought is of me then her.  Man, I have never had that before, it is incredible.  What started out to be a disaster has turned into the best thing in my life.  The wedding dinner finally made it seem real.  Everyone in her family and all of her friends have blessed us so she is happy about that.  Apparently I have dazzled them with my BS.  Now i just have to kick the little one in the ass and all would be right with the world. That is the only thing that is a hangup about this relationship.  Otherwise i am the happiest man walking.  I have a beautiful, loving wife who will give her all to me no matter what.  She wants to work when she gets to the US for a few years.  That way she can feel like she has earned her spot and all she wants me to do is stay home and rest because I have worked hard all of my life.  All she wants from me is my "Husbandly duties".  She is loving in every way.  She wants to take care of me.  She doesnt want to blow money.  She wants us to have nice things, but not to excess.  She dotes on me making sure I have whatever I want when I want it.  She makes sure the air conditioning is just right for me.  She orders my food to my liking, my drinks just the way I like them.  I never have to way a word in a restaurant.  She just takes care of it.  
Tonight at dinner , I praised my mother in law for raising a daughter like her.  I told her a promise with me is sacred.  I have never knowingly broken a promise in my life.  I promised to take care of her daughter to the best of my ability.  Mama said that was good enough for her.  She knew my word was my bond. Because everything i have said I would do, I have done.
Guys remember that.  Always do what you say you will do.  You will earn more respect that way.  Even if it is not what they want to hear.  do it like you say you will do it.  That means more than anything else to them.  My new brother in laws all have respect for me because of that.  they have told me this.  when I say something I mean it.  They can count on my word as I have said.  There have been a couple of things that have happened, I have stuck by my word.  Even though it seemed strange and stupid, I did it anyway.  Because i promised.  Anyway, that is enough preaching.

there is a Wal mart in Wuhan.  There is a Wu mart in Beijing.  McDonalds, KFC, Century 21 real estate,  hard Rock Cafe in Beijing, plus a lot more Western  stores.

'In Wuhan the women are not as pretty as in Beijing.  i would put it at about 30% pretty to beautiful. The prettier women in Wuhan dress sexier, maybe because it is hotter here.  Well tomorrow is a big day for my wife.  we are getting ready to hit the sack.  All I want to do is hold my beautiful new wife.

Jim

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2009, 11:07:35 am »
Jim watch out the bed don't catch fire....:angel:

He he well pleased for you mate, and what you say about 'doing what you say' thanks for the heads up...

feisnik

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:29 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='13748' dateline='1250866209'
Guys remember that.  Always do what you say you will do.  You will earn more respect that way.  Even if it is not what they want to hear.  do it like you say you will do it.  That means more than anything else to them.  My new brother in laws all have respect for me because of that.  they have told me this.  when I say something I mean it.  They can count on my word as I have said.  There have been a couple of things that have happened, I have stuck by my word.  Even though it seemed strange and stupid, I did it anyway.  Because i promised.  Anyway, that is enough preaching.

This is very true. You will lose all face if you ever do not do what you promise. A promise/pinky swear is worth its weight in gold in China.
'In Wuhan the women are not as pretty as in Beijing.  i would put it at about 30% pretty to beautiful. The prettier women in Wuhan dress sexier, maybe because it is hotter here.

Remember, as the Chinese always say, the most beautiful girls in all of China are from HuNan Province :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:45:50 am by feisnik »

Arnold

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 12:17:17 am »
Quote from: 'feisnik' pid='13756' dateline='1250869469'

Remember, as the Chinese always say, the most beautiful girls in all of China are from HuNan Province :icon_cheesygrin:

Very true Nik ! That is as of now of course , hence Qing was the last beautiful Girl in Shanghai .:icon_cheesygrin:

feisnik

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2009, 01:06:45 am »
Haha! Love it!

Offline JimB

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2009, 03:11:25 am »
My wife saved me from making a very big mistake last night.  I had 3 or 4 or 5 glasses of wine.  I got up to tell them that they were all welcome to come to the USA and stay with us for as long as they wanted.  She grabbed me and sat me down.  I said what is the problem.  She said if you invite them to our home, we must buy their tickets and pay for their entire trip.  Everyone was still waiting for me to say something, so I just got up and thanked all of them again for coming and making me feel like a member of the family.  So we all toasted to that and I kept my mouth shut the rest of the evening. LOL.

Apparently I have now turned my entire life over to her.  She picks out my clothes adjusts them on me.  Takes my shirt off and sews or does whatever needs to be done to it to make me presentable. The last two mornings she has done this.  I asked her what was going on.  She said before we were married it was my job to dress how I wanted.  Now it is her job to make me presentable. What a relief. I love it this way.  I always hated to pick out what to wear, so I always wore the same things until they wore out.  then bought almost the same thing to replace them.  So for me it is terrific.  I can see why some guys might not like it.  but I love it.  This morning we went out sightseeing in Wuhan with her two best friends, the translator and me.  we went to the lake here.  It is beautiful then we went to her university where she and Lanlan graduated.  Really very pretty.  we went to a restaurant where they actually served good steak.  So I had all of the bad things for me.  Med Rare T bone, french Fries, corn soup, roll with butter and a big glass of Chocolate Milk Shake.  I even had my unsweet ice tea.  Which I have not been able to get so far.  I was in hog heaven.   now getting everything else was pretty easy.  The tea was not.  It is the mindset you see.  I asked if they had iced tea, she said yes the do, i asked is it unsweet, she said no it has sugar in it.  I said ok,do this.  Just give me a pot of your regular tea, a large glass and a big bowl of ice.  She asked me what I was going to do, (all this was done via the interpreter) I said take the ice and fill up the glass, take the hot tea and pour it over the ice to cool it down. The waitress said it will taste terrible that way, tea is supposed to be drunk hot.  She said she could not do that she would get in trouble.  now I am a pretty tolerant guy, but this set off the whistles in my head.  I asked now why in the world would you get in trouble.  She said her boss would think she is not doing her job right.  I said Ok, give me your boss.  She did not want to do that.  I told her finally then just give me what I asked for.  She said she would get in trouble.  now i didnt want that, but I wanted my ice tea.  So I remembered the scene in "Five Easy Pieces".   I said ok, just give me hot tea. She said great.  She brought me the tea.  I turned to her and said now my water is not cold enough please bring me some ice.  Her eyes got big.  I said do not worry it is for my water.  She smiled and said ok.  I told her I wanted a large bowl of ice as I like very cold water.  That was OK.
She brings the ice and leaves.  I grab an empty glass pour the hot tea over the ice and let it set there until it got cold enough to drink.  When she got back I had already drank the tea.  I asked for more ice. She happily went and got it.  So twice more I had her get me ice and she was happy.  This is something  i will remember for a very long time.  I then told the girl what i had done. I said now you have learned a very valuable life lesson.  It is all in how you look at something on whether it seems right to you or not.  I dont know if she understood  or not.  I hope she did.
On the way back to the hotel, my wife says that I am going back to the hotel.  I said ok, where are you going, she said Lanlan and I are going shopping.  I know you do no like it so you go to the hotel, watch a movie and take a nap, by the time you wake up, I will be back.  DO YOU SEE WHY I LOVE THIS WOMAN?  I HATE SHOPPING.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:14:34 am by JimB »

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:45 am »
Great stories there Jim :icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks!
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2009, 09:50:25 am »
Good thinking Batman....lol

Offline Ed W

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2009, 10:28:08 am »
Quote from: 'feisnik' pid='13756' dateline='1250869469'

This is very true. You will lose all face if you ever do not do what you promise. A promise/pinky swear is worth its weight in gold in China.

'In Wuhan the women are not as pretty as in Beijing.  i would put it at about 30% pretty to beautiful. The prettier women in Wuhan dress sexier, maybe because it is hotter here.

anyone who isnt alread living this virtue is truely a poor man. All the wealth in the world will never make up for bad character.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china