Author Topic: typhoon near Shanghai...  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
typhoon near Shanghai...
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:30:51 am »
Greetings brothers..

Anyone have any recent/new info about how hard the Shanghai area has been hit?  My last letter to Hong is still showing as waiting to be printed so I think the agencyis closed because of the typhoon.  Anyone have any info especially those in China that can see first hand from the news services there.

I am kinda worried, so any info would be  appreciated.

Regards, Brian
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:06:19 am by Brian Mc »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: typhoon near Shanghai...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:36:07 am »
It is said that the typhoon is now become a tropical tempest, nothing else, going onto Shanghai.
I have no more news about it, but I also have some contacts who are there...
i didn't write them, but 'hope they'll be fine.

************** from translation via google translator ******************
Typhoon Morakot, which left at least 12 dead during his visit on the island of Taiwan during the weekend, Monday was downgraded to tropical storm in its approach to Shanghai, the economic and financial capital of China.

Morakot ( "Emerald" in Thai), which reached the coast of east China Sunday afternoon, losing its power as he was heading north, according to the National Meteorological Center. Monday morning, the tropical storm has reached the border between the provinces of Fujian and Zhejiang, with heavy rains and winds of up to 83 km / h, according to the Shanghai Meteorological Bureau. Torrential rains, with rainfall of about 90 millimeters per hour are expected Monday in Shanghai, in Zhejiang and the other two coastal provinces of eastern Jiangsu and Shandong, as well as in neighboring Anhui.

More than 3.4 million people have suffered damage in Zhejiang, where hundreds of villages were flooded and over 1,800 houses have collapsed, according to New China, citing the Center provincial flood control.

During the weekend, it caused the worst floods in Taiwan for 50 years, with at least 12 dead and 52 missing, and leads, on the mainland, the preventive evacuation in the two provinces of Zhejiang and Fujian (is ) of nearly one million people. In Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, a child of four years died Sunday morning in the collapse of his house due to weather that preceded the passage of the typhoon.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:37:56 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:43:36 am »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='11937' dateline='1249886167'

It is said that the typhoon is now become a tropical tempest, nothing else, going onto Shanghai.
I have no more news about it, but I also have some contacts who are there...
i didn't write them, but 'hope they'll be fine.

************** from translation via google translator ******************
Typhoon Morakot, which left at least 12 dead during his visit on the island of Taiwan during the weekend, Monday was downgraded to tropical storm in its approach to Shanghai, the economic and financial capital of China.

Morakot ( "Emerald" in Thai), which reached the coast of east China Sunday afternoon, losing its power as he was heading north, according to the National Meteorological Center. Monday morning, the tropical storm has reached the border between the provinces of Fujian and Zhejiang, with heavy rains and winds of up to 83 km / h, according to the Shanghai Meteorological Bureau. Torrential rains, with rainfall of about 90 millimeters per hour are expected Monday in Shanghai, in Zhejiang and the other two coastal provinces of eastern Jiangsu and Shandong, as well as in neighboring Anhui.

More than 3.4 million people have suffered damage in Zhejiang, where hundreds of villages were flooded and over 1,800 houses have collapsed, according to New China, citing the Center provincial flood control.

During the weekend, it caused the worst floods in Taiwan for 50 years, with at least 12 dead and 52 missing, and leads, on the mainland, the preventive evacuation in the two provinces of Zhejiang and Fujian (is ) of nearly one million people. In Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, a child of four years died Sunday morning in the collapse of his house due to weather that preceded the passage of the typhoon.

Thanks for the quick reply Sly much appreciated.  good to know its now a tropical storm , so I hope she doesnt get flooded out.

Anyway thanks again

Brian
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:03:35 am by Brian Mc »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:10:33 am »
You're welcome, Brian ;)
By now, we just have to wait a few hours before having more news about our ladies/contacts.
- Let's Rock -