Author Topic: Am being paranoid or have I been scammed?  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: Am being paranoid or have I been scammed?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 12:27:47 pm »
Good luck on your webcam meeting Ron.  These webcams are so incredibly important to a long distance relationship, I can't express it enough.  Seeing her smile or giggle is simply the highlight of my day as I'm sure it will be for you too.  Enjoy!
...as irresistible as chocolate

brett

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 04:14:07 pm »
Yeah good luck on the webcam. The first time I saw my lady on webcam was an incredibly moving experience. I was just so happy that she looked just like her photos. And her voice is amazingly lovely. Also finding out she could actually speak quite good English was a massive surprise :fi_lone_ranger:.

Offline Danny

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »
Quote from: 'ron' pid='18978' dateline='1254756623'

Hello i am fairly new here .I have been reading posts in here for aout 4 days.The only thing I can add to any of this is that I am having a web camera conference with my lady after 8 emfs.At least I will see her as she really is instead of photo shop pics.And she will see who I am.This is one way of knowing you are really talking to whom you think you are .Not withstanding what the translator is telling her ha ha.With evryones help here I know its a sincere bunch of guys and I am very happy I found this.Its good advice especially if some of havent been there before.I salute everyone of you.
                                 Ron

There is nothing like a web cam conversation. It really is the sweetest thing. In every city I have visited there have been internet cafes with computers with web cams. I can't think of a good reason why any woman you are serious about cannot get to one, at least now and then. Once you have had a web cam conversation things are at a new level I think.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='18993' dateline='1254776586'

There is nothing like a web cam conversation. It really is the sweetest thing. In every city I have visited there have been internet cafes with computers with web cams. I can't think of a good reason why any woman you are serious about cannot get to one, at least now and then. Once you have had a web cam conversation things are at a new level I think.

But many ladies do no like going into the internet cafes for many varied reasons.  In fact some fathers will not let their daughters go to them without being accompanied!!

Willy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:28:16 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 05:31:46 pm »
Will, Ke Ren told me that she did not like going to them because they were dangerous???  And it was quite a way from her house at the time...:icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:10 pm »
I've used internet cafe's all over China, never seen any trouble in any of them, not once. If a woman is wary of using one, i suggest she first tries one of the bigger and posher establishments. These Cafe's are very, very well run, and many women use them. As I've said before, I've noticed that when older ladies get into difficulties with the computer, in these establishments, the younger people there are always willing to help. Most of these bigger cafe's also run Internet lessons, so they give a complete service to those that know little to nothing about computers.

I think that if these ladies are serious, about the men they have formed a relationship with, and want that relationship to progress .....They should be willing to at least try additional means of communications other than EMF's  What better means of communication than IM/webcam, even if you can't communicate effectively, it can still bring you that much closer together!!  Combine that with the EMF's makes a hell of a difference...

David.....

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2009, 08:29:22 pm »
That's so true David, I have to take her at her word, even though we been 'talking' for nearly a year;-((:@

I do speak to her on the phone now and again, in fact I phoned her about an hour and a half ago, so I am WELL PLEASED. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: She is getting a bit nervous (just like me), but that's only to be expected.  Her English has improved tremendously since my last call to her, MY Chinese is dreadful...:huh:

David5o

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:23 pm »
Rob,

Talking on the phone is another means of communication, ....anything is better than just relying on EMF's. IM/webcam, is just a better mode of communication, it means that you can see who your talking too.... Obviously much better if you have a common language between you too.

Rob, it's a sad truth, but the English speaking populations of this world are the worst for learning new languages!! Were spoilt, by most of the other nations learning English as the worlds international language....

David....

Offline ron

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:10 pm »
I have never been in china yet lol.I am hoping to be there spring of next year.I know that my girlsprofile says she just has an address no phone.The agency is going to set up the web cam for her.I imagine she isnt computer literate.At what I have seen they make a year I dont think a computer is at the top of their list lol.The only thing a person ca hope for is that they can do web cam or phone when she vsits the agency.When I get there and things work out I can set somehing up hopefully.Just saying from what I have read here.I know where I live I wouldnt want her in an internet cafe at  night.I would worry about her to much .Thanks for the input guys.

David5o

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 07:22:16 am »
Ron...

Don't worry that much, The good internet cafe's in China that I've used are very well run, and nothing like some of the places in the UK. As i said, I've never witnessed any trouble or harassment within these establishments, if anything, just the opposite!!...

David.....

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 10:32:13 am »
David do the girls have to pay for having a Yahoo address?:s

Offline ron

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 10:33:54 am »
I will ask her on the next letter about the cafes.She has a daughter who is 28 maybe she can help her?Our translator wont be back till Oct 11 th because of the holiday.She works in the title office so you would think she should be a little computer savvy?LOL she goes to the park in the evening so it cant be that bad in her neighborhood lol.I live near cleveland  ohio a place called youngstown and they have drive byes in some places.I live in a good section thank god.Thanks for the input much apreciated
                          Ron

David5o

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 11:03:12 am »
Rob,

The email address is part of the contract they sign with the agency. Don't forget, these agencies deal with many other outlets other than chnlove, and most (not all) are for overseas men. So the email address is the link to each woman from these other outlets. Only chnlove as far as i'm aware of have this EMF system. The agencies make full use of these EMF's as a means of easy cash flow.... But the regular agency email system remains in place regardless.

David.....

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 11:05:33 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='19121' dateline='1254839533'

David do the girls have to pay for having a Yahoo address?:s

Yahoo addresses are free Rob

Willy
The internet cafe jibe was intended for Danny.  He will understand my answer if no one else does.

Willy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:10:07 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 11:15:22 am »
Ok thanks, I understand guys but the agency still has the address?  for example 'name11234@yahoo.cn'
Cn they use it or is it for the sole purpose of the lady, unless of course their English writing isn't up to much?

It's ok I am just wondering, nothing wrong just inquiring :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: