Author Topic: Am being paranoid or have I been scammed?  (Read 6592 times)

Offline seagull

Am being paranoid or have I been scammed?
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:15:53 am »
Hello all,

I have been writing to this lady from Guilin for about 3 weeks now and I thought that things were going well. I wrote every day and she replied every day and the correspondence was good.

I then told her that I would be going away for a few days on holiday and would not be able to write for several days. During my time away I did not log into Chnlove at all. I did not receive any Chnlove correspondence from her or from anyone else (e.g. admirer mails), something that I usually receive quite a lot.

Then yesterday I quickly logged into Chnlove and logged out. I did not write to the lady as I had just come back from my trip and it was late at night and I was tired.

Today I log in and find that I have received several "admirer mails" from other "ladies" and by also a letter from the lady herself.

I know that the agencies can tell when you log in, so it's no coincidence I suddenly start receiving "admirer mails" again after I visited this site for the first time in several days. However, lo and behold I also receive a letter from the "lady".

The letter was short and sweet, wishing me a good trip and hoping that I would write when I return, but she also claimed that she went to see a show and attached some pictures from the show in the letter. I can tell quite clearly that the pictures were not taken by her, in fact one was ripped off from a web site and even had the URL in the image.

Now I am starting to think that I have been writing to some cunning agent this whole time. Just because of the fact that I "coincidentally" receive a letter from "her" after I logged in for the first time in days. And the pictures were clearly fake. Obviously the agent wants me to write back.

Do you think I am being paranoid here? I was enjoying writing to this lady but now I am having second thoughts and think maybe I have been writing to an agent instead of the lady for a good part of this time. Do you think I am being scammed here?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:19:07 am by seagull »

rockycoon

RE: Am being paranoid or have I been scammed?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:31:30 am »
Oh yeh, sounds like what happened to me with my (supposed) girlfriend, who suddenly quit writing around the olympics time, and said she had to help out her boss at the olympics, and I never heard from her agian.
I think if your getting phoney pictures from her, your probably having an affair with a translator.  I would ask maxx and some of the other pro's from dover about this.  They really know a lot about this subject!
My advice for what its worth is pick another woman from a different agency that has a good reputation, and see what happens...good luck

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:38:05 am »
Paranoid? Not at all. I would write her back and mention the photos. "Did you take these pictures?" if she says yes you know it's a lie. Maybe she will say No but just wanted you to see the show she went to which would be the reason for the fake photos. How many EMF's have you written to her?

Offline DougK

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:42:25 am »
Paranoid? Well, caution and concern are generally advised in these types of situations...

Have you searched the forum for any mention of the lady's agency?

How many messages have you exchanged? Does the lady keep repeating details or asking you the same questions?

Ask particularly about the photos. Evaluate her reply. Do not jump to conclusions, but carefully weigh the answers with your instincts and emotions.

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49:22 am »
Seagull I'm assumming that the.letter wasn't there when you logged in and out.The more times I read what you have posted the more I think you have ben scammed.It smells bad to me.Looks bad to me.So I'm thinking it is bad.

I think I would start writing to another women.Some members her have  suggested.that the man should pick the lady out of the gallery that you want to write to.They think it mite be less of a chance that it is a scam.I don't know.But it's worth a try I think.

Good luck
Maxx

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:07:03 am »
Well... Being cautious or not?
To attach some pictures in any letter doesn't mean at all the lady took the pictures herself.
Maybe (for many reasons) did the lady want to share that pictures with you, even if she didn't take the pictures herself. Then the agent could have checked for any pictures on a website, and attach it, that would then just sound "simple"... (I've seen that about solar eclipse...) but I did not attach much more importance of it, I just said myself that the lady wanted to share that picture with me...
To be certain of it, for sure, you can ask her to confirm all that. If she said the picture is from her, then.. forget about it and go anywhere else ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline seagull

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 01:16:04 am »
Thank you for the feedback everybody, much appreciated.

Cheers for the suggestion, Rockycoon.

Vince, I wrote to the lady and she replied about 15-20 times in total over the last 3 or so weeks (I would write one day, she would reply the next day, etc).

Doug, strangely enough she did not ask me that many questions. I was the one who asked most of the questions about her and her hometown. Now that I think about it, she provided a lot of information about her hometown of Guilin and fake pictures (i.e. not taken by her) which anyone could have provided.

Maxx, you're right, the letter wasn't there when I first logged in and out after several days of absence from Chnlove. But the next day there was one from "her".

Although I am disappointed, I do not think I will reply to her. I may add some feedback to the agency where it gives you the option and explain why I am not writing back.

I also noticed the lady's profile was refreshed while I was away, so it is quite clear that the agency are trying to drum up some more business from her profile.

Thanks again.
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='12079' dateline='1249967223'

Well... Being cautious or not?
To attach some pictures in any letter doesn't mean at all the lady took the pictures herself.
Maybe (for many reasons) did the lady want to share that pictures with you, even if she didn't take the pictures herself. Then the agent could have checked for any pictures on a website, and attach it, that would then just sound "simple"... (I've seen that about solar eclipse...) but I did not attach much more importance of it, I just said myself that the lady wanted to share that picture with me...
To be certain of it, for sure, you can ask her to confirm all that. If she said the picture is from her, then.. forget about it and go anywhere else ;)

Thanks Sylvain. I am more inclined not to write back to her right now. Maybe when I calm down over this I may decide to reply.

Fortunately I have been writing to one other girl at the same time (so not just her) so it is not a complete loss for me, although if things do not work out with the second girl I am back to the drawing board again. :)

I am not sure what the rules are on this board as I am new here, but I can post a link to her page and the agency if anyone is interested.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:21:04 am by seagull »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 01:36:00 am »
Well, you can link her page and the agency if you go into a relationship with her / or wish it to be... ;)
I am tryin' to find again that link... 'just don't know where it is...

EDIT : here's the link :
Brotherhood List of Lady Profile

Btw, welcome aboard ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:41:07 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

shaun

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:33 am »
If you are already having questions about her, and the experts, like Maxx and Vince thinks its a scam, remember there are a lot of beautiful women here, start talking to another one.

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 05:26:03 am »
I would lean towards the scam.  The lady I have been writing to admitted early on that she was not computer savvy.  I thought this was odd as everyone in this day and age could at least check e-mail.  I was also concerned about the agency being in Beijing and her city over 400 K away.  I did send recent photos of me and my children as well as my home town.  Her response was to have the translator add some pictures of Beijing.  I wanted to send a gift so I asked for an address and got her “sister’s” address in Beijing.  Was ready to pull the plug and cut my losses.  This was about the time of the big concern about tim yap.  I backed away and kept in communication.  Bottom line is everything she told me was true.  She did hire a computer tutor, did send recent pictures, and did provide an address in her home town.  The big difference between this lady and yours is that she was upfront about the photos and everything else.  The second item of concern for you is the recent refresh of her profile.  Since I have been in communication my lady has not had her profile refreshed.  Also I have learned from the forum here to develop a relationship with the translator.  Almost got crazy, but the older I get, the 24 hour rule really meant 24 days.  Plans are to be there in December for her birthday.

feisnik

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 09:12:35 am »
A few thoughts. The translator may have translated her letter lst, knowing you would be away for a few days making it correspond to your return. Translators are busy, so they often prioritize letters. Sending pictures from web sites is not rare, but a good way to get around your doubt is to ask her for pictures of her family. One cannot fake that!

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 01:33:26 pm »
Personally i would do as the others suggest and ask about who took the pictures before i'd cut my losses. As the first lady i wrote to often told me of food she had eaten and attached photos found on the internet, She also told me about a show she saw and attched pictures that were clearly uploaded from the internet. The reason she did this was because she did not have her own digital camera (believe it or not, apparently some people still do not have them :icon_biggrin:) And she was a genuine lady as i did go out to China to meet her. Maybe ask her that you would like to feel closer to her in an Emf and see what her opinions on more direct contact with her are, and attach your email address or cell phone number, Whenever i have done this, the reply i got the next day had her email address and cell number attached to the letter.
Andy.
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

David5o

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 06:26:23 pm »
Scott,

Look on the index page of this site(Board Statistics), it will tell you who's been on line in the last 24 hours and who's on line now or the last 15 minutes.
So sure they know who's been on there site and when, with a little more sophistication, it can could tell you who is logged on to the web site at any particular time.

This is pretty standard Stuff Scott, all websites have the same sort of facility....

David....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:44:56 pm by David5o »

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 06:41:45 pm »
Quote from: 'sameldrum1' pid='12229' dateline='1250028891'

Quote from: 'seagull' pid='12068' dateline='1249964153'

I know that the agencies can tell when you log in, so it's no coincidence I suddenly start receiving "admirer mails" again after I visited this site for the first time in several days. However, lo and behold I also receive a letter from the "lady".

Question,  Seagull...just curious how you would know "that the agencies can tell you log in..."  that's not been said before on this forum that I am aware, and would like something concrete to support the belief.  Not saying you're wrong, but that is quite something if they really are...

Thanks,
Scott

Depends on what they want to know but they can get the following info:
- what site you came from,
- where you went in their site,
- how long you were there,
- when you left,
- what browser you are using,
- what operating system you are using
- your ip address
- what country you are in
- etc

Most commercial websites will want that info to see how their site is doing, who is visiting, how long they are staying, etc

It possible that the agencies get reports on hits to their listed ladies, whether they do or not I have no idea :)
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

David5o

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:56 pm »
ahkiwi,

Not sure about the rest of what you say they can't get, .... but a logger on a site can or WILL (depending on sophistication) tell you:-

Your IP address.
How long you were on the site.
When you came on the site   (logged on)
When you left the site.          (logged off)

David....