Author Topic: My trip to Shenyang  (Read 4606 times)

Offline kenny

My trip to Shenyang
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:11 pm »
Well I will leave to Shenyang on Aug. 26 and return on Sept. 4. I have been Writing Linda for 6 months and decided to go and find out if she is the right one for me. I either had to go now or wait till end of year or first of next.

The only plans that we have really made is meeting her parents and her daughter And just spending time together in the city. I also have asked to go to the agency and meet Sonia, our translator.

I have read this morning that there is a 60% plus chance that it wont work on the first one. But like what Nik said I am going hopeing for the best and prepaired for the worst.

She has booked me a room at the Grand Century Hotel. I have checked it out on their website and looks a little fancy for me but she got it for 46 dollars with breakfast a night. About 10 dollars less then the website says.

I have been reading this forum since the first of April and tryed to learn all i can. I dont think i would be doing this without the help and advise you guys give. So thanks to all here and wish me luck. Maybe i will be in the 40% that does work but i got to find out for myself.

Kenny

Vince G

RE: My trip to Shenyang
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »
Hey Kenny, Say hello to Sonia for me. Also let me know any info and what you think of her? I don't know what she looks like?

Don't worry about numbers. Be yourself, do what you do and it goes from there. My lady (Song) doesn't know any other woman there unless you run into her at the agency? That would be funny. Any help needed let us  or me know. Have fun.

Offline kenny

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:19:53 pm »
Thanks guys! Mike i think i did read that you will be over there in the same time period. Good luck on your trip too.

Vince i have thought of you and was going to pm you and still might about a couple things. I talked to Sonia last week for about an hour on MSN She is very helpful as you know. She told me she was 23 i was shocked. I will say hi. Linda told me a while back that she doesnt know any of the other girls either. Seems strange to me. I will get a picture if she lets me anyway.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:44:51 pm »
Have a great trip!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:31:38 pm »
Good luck Kenny, have a great trip
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:32:22 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Brent

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:04 pm »
Have fun Kenny and best of luck! I plan on getting on out to Shenyang hopefully next year sometime.

I was on MSN with my girl last night while I had google earth up and with her help I started scouting out some places around the city. I could see where she lived (well the roofs anyway, lol) and could see where she works. I also some some very nice parks there as well and a lot of people linked up pictures that I was able to look at from the surrounding area. She's also taken pictures and videos of them when she goes so she could show me. It'd be worth checking out I think while you're there. One of them is Expo Park on the east end of the city. It has all the world exhibitions left over from their world expo in 2006 iirc. There's another park Southwest of there along the river and there's a really nice looking tomb that looks like it'd be worth checking out.

When you visit the agency be sure to say hi to Karen for me. ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

-Dr. Seuss

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:00:16 pm »
Kenny all the best mate, Mike is right  don't worry about the numbers, just have a blast...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:55 pm »
Kenny, have the time of your life and I wish you all the best.  You'll do fine.  

I know what you mean about the ages.  When I first got here, talking to our translator Mini, she asked how old I thought she was.  I started at 25 and she was actually 19.  Nina could be her sister, she looks 25 but she's 32.  I can't guess ages anymore.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 10:03:27 pm »
Go for it Kenny

You will have a great time.  Try not to meet to many relatives in first few days - keep that time for you and Linda.   Those first few days are the important ones.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »
Quote from: 'kenny' pid='13602' dateline='1250784491'

Maybe i will be in the 40% that does work but i got to find out for myself.

Kenny you will be in that 100% success group that dreamed to dare and dared to dream.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 12:37:23 am »
Got an email from Kenny. We use the same translator so I asked him to give a report of the agency.

I am in inrernet cafe and cant see good so might miss some keys. Everthing is going good, slow start but better everyday. I got some pictures from agency will send next week.

There were 6 translators and they all seemed to be working on something anyway. When they talked they were very quite. Sonia ia a very nice acting girl but she can translate better than she can speak english.

I have not been asked to sign anything and have felt no pressure at all. There is another girl that met us and spent tome with us name karen. she is i think higher up in agency. She has been allot of help. she is 26 but these girls seem to be pretty smart at what they do.

I will try to send more next week to you along with pic. be home late friday.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:37:52 am by Vince G »

Offline kenny

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 03:03:27 pm »
Well everybody was right here, be yourself and everything will work out fine. It was my first time flying and i am still not in love with that but not as bad as i thought it would be. I arrived in Shenyang about 20 hours after i left, no sleep so i was feeling a little greasy. Linda and Karen, another translator met me at the airport with roses and she filmed the meeting. She looked beautiful! Linda had said all along that she would spend every minute with me while i was there. Frankly i was a little nervous about this. When we got to the hotel she asked to have another room. I thought well here we f---ing go. There was no more rooms available so we went up to mine and she and Karen were going to go to another hotel to fine one later.

I took a shower and we went to get dinner. We had a nice dinner and a good talk with allot of help from Karen. After we returned to the room I told her that if she wanted She could have the bed and i would sleep on the floor, she agreed. Karen left so we spent some time alone and had a few laughs and she said i could sleep in the bed too. Thank god because the carpets are filthy in this place.

We spent the next day with Karen and went to the park by the river that Brent talked about. Good advise it was beauitful there and as i love to fish and live near a river myself i felt comfortable and we had a wonderful day. By the end of the day she was arm in arm with me all the time. It felt great! We had dinner at a very good resturant with Karen, the resturant had i am not sure what you call it but like a stream running through it and many palm trees and bushes. It was very pretty in there. Karen left us at the hotel and we had another good evening just trying to talk and understand each other. She has such a beautiful laugh.      

The next couple days we just spent time together exploring the city. I have never been to a city of this size other than driving through Chicago in a truck. It was quite an expreience for me. Shenyang to me was a little depressing. Building's that seem to be almost ready to fall down while new ones seem to be going up everywhere. Didnt see many workers though. Side walks that were caving in and frankly not my kind of place at all. But I was with a beautiful lady that by then would not walk two feet without looking to put her hand in mine or her arm around mine. We went to the tomb and the imperial palace and a couple more parks. I was falling very much in love with this woman and thinking she was feeling the same way about me. In this period of time we also visited the agency #612 and i met our translator Sonia. It went real well there and she sent many pictures to my daughter's email for me. I have no complaints at all about this agency and was treated very well by them and have been in comunication with Karen and Sonia through email and MSN every day since i been back.

Well we went from sleeping on each side of the bed to sleeping in each others arms by now. Nothing else yet though but it was great. I woke many times thinking my arm had been removed but didnt want to move it and wake her. We are now engaged and she will come here on engagement visa but not soon enough for me i am afraid. We then went to meet her parents and daughter. They are retired and have worked the fields in nearby Tie Ling. They fixed a feast for us and it was the best food i had while i was there. Everything you guys has said about dumplings was right. Them things are gooood. I took many pictures with me from here of my family and things around the farm here. I think they enjoyed looking at them and asked questions about my farming. How about that something in common with her parents. Only thing they live in a very small arartment in the middle of allot of poverty. (linda and daughter live there with them) They seemed to be very happy people and showed me a good time but at the same time wanted to know how long i have been divorced and things like this. Father gave me and her a little talk about failed marriage and that maybe we will be able charish each other after this. He was very respectful and i was towards him.

These people have worked damn hard in their life i will never have any thing but respect for them. My grand parents farmed and worked like this so i have always had respect for these kind of people. Hard working and honest!

The traffic is god awful and unbelievable. I have read about this many times and for me there is no way to decribe it you just got to see this. The rudeness is also unbelievable. If you show these women any kind of respect at all they just look at you and put on a big smile like it has never happened to them before. I mean little things like holding a door for them or allowing them to enter an elevator before you do. The kids will come up to you and say things like hello how are you in english with the encouragement of their parents. I always tried to get them to tell me their name and shake their hand before we moved on. The kids and parents seemed to enjoy this very much. All in all most of the people seem very curious and respectful of course there are allot of guys that need to be took out behind the wood shed for a little lesson.

The only problem i had was i got a debit card before i left to access cash through ATM machine. They dont take debit cards in Sheyang. Karen's cousin is a bank manager there and he told her that they dont have the athourity to withdraw money from someones account like that. This would be worth checking out if any body is planning on going to this city. I took 2000rmb and 7 one hundred dollars bills with me. Had no trouble cashing in the bills and there is a bank of china right around the corner from the Grand Century Hotel. This was enough for the trip but i wanted to get her a computer while i was there but we just looked at them and i am wiring cash to her account now. This is what i will do in the future is send cash to her account and have it there first. The hotel took my credit card no problem but the stores want cash. (my credit card is visa debit card mastercard both through my local bank) I did call and tell them i would be in china before i left.

Well i hope i havent got to long here and better end this. If there are any new guys that read this wandering if this is real as i did just a few months ago i can tell you that they are very real. I fell in love with a wonderful beautiful woman and made good friends that i hope to stay in contact with the rest of my life. I gave them an invitation to visit me here if they come to this country somday. This is what allot of these young translators seem to want to do. i have read about you guys that are now waiting for your girls. How do you take this? Harvest will start soon so maybe get my mind off her a little. But this is a hard time for me. I would hate to say how many tears i have wiped from my eyes since linda and i parted. Here they come again! Thanks for all the help from every one here. I will try to post a picture or two, if i cant figure it out how maybe i will get Vince to do this for me.
Kenny

Translators / Sonia, Linda & Kenny / Sonia & Kenny
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:15:20 pm by Vince G »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 03:37:00 pm »
Kenny, I'm very happy to hear you and Linda have become a true couple, soon, sooner then you think but, longer then it will seem, she will be here and you won't be able to find the time to post here and then one day you'll remember that you have brothers here and you will make a post telling us all how well things are going and you will be one of the ol' timers here Hahaha, Its great isn't it the way it feels when things work out for the best, I hope you have good luck and best wishes for your future.
Mike
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 05:04:02 pm »
:icon_biggrin: Great read and congrats.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »
Kenny absolutely thrilled to read that everything went well...
Congrats...:icon_biggrin: