Author Topic: Michael L. Maines News of his shooting .  (Read 16169 times)

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
RE: Michael L. Maines News of his shooting .
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 06:28:27 pm »
Being one of the very new members of this Forum, I unfortunately never had the pleasure of knowing Michael, but I wish to offer my heartfelt sorrow and deepest sympathy to his wife Zhou and his loved ones; and my sad condolences to all his many friends - which includes all the Brothers of this Forum who have paid such moving and eloquent testimony and tribute to Michael's passing.  We are all only passing through and what better tribute could be paid to a man other than to say he left good behind.  

Those who suffer are those who remain, and our sorrow and sad thoughts must go out to them  He will be at peace, and from what I have read here, he has thoroughly earned it.

Rest In Peace Michael L. Maines you left goodness behind you and one day will be in your Zhou's arms again.

Johnboy
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline zook144

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 08:42:28 pm »
I cannot believe this. I have just read of Michaels passing. It is a terrible thing. I did not know Michael personally, except for the advice he gave to me and many others. I always looked forward to reading his thoughts and now there will always be an empty spot on this forum.
To Zhou and the family, my deepest sympathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Chong

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 09:02:44 pm »
MLM ... Rest In Peace in your new home ... in China.

Chong

Paul Todd

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 09:37:54 pm »
The native Americans have a belief that no one truly dies until all those that knew them, have forgotten them. Mike will not be forgotten for a long long time. Deepest condolences and best wishes for the future to you and your family, Zhou.
Ming Zhi and Paul

rockycoon

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 09:58:13 pm »
I am speechless in finding out about this tragity. My heart goes out to Zhou, and although I did not know mike that well, the world is at a loss without him, as is this site.  Rest in Peace Mike, may the lord take you in his arms and keep you safe. We will miss you dearly...
Don

shaun

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 10:02:15 pm »
Zhou,

I am truly saddened by your loss.  In fact it is all of our loss but mostly yours because you knew him best.  Mike was a man among men, someone we all looked up to. I know this will leave a huge emptiness in you and your family's life and I pray that it will be filled by the loving friends and family you have both here in America and at home in China.  There are many of us over the next few days, months, and years that will pray for you and your children.

Mike will be missed by me and the men in this forum. He will be missed by the people he came in contact with.  Zhou, it was just over the last couple of weeks that I began to realize that Mike was a person that I would call a life changer.  The words of Joe confirmed this the other day. There are too few people in this world like Mike and that is what makes it all the more of a sad event.  He was a great man and we will all cherish great memories of him.

Two weeks ago Mike PM'd me about my son and the problems I was having with him.  Mike gave me some clear ideas on what to do and I can see them working in my son today.  I am very thankful for that.  That was just the kind of man he was.

My heart aches for you and your loss.  You will be in my prayers.

Shaun

Offline wilson

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 12:59:11 am »
Dear Zhou

Please accept our deepest condolences from all of us at Shifu Lem. Over the last few months  Mike became a true friend to us with his many suggestions and recommendations. He was the one who shone the light of encouragement when there was doubt, suspicion and criticism. When we were uncertain he gave us confidence.

Michael Maines RIP

Wilson

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:19 am »
It is with very heavy hearts and tears in our eyes that we read todays note from Joe relating to the untimely tragic death , of Michael L Maines , our deepest sympathy to Zhou and family , may he rest in peace , from Ying and Robert
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2009, 10:22:26 am »
Hi guys

I have not written much about mike except to say what i did.

We had grown closer these last few months through my posts and upcoming adventure to china.  We became that close that his new 'Daughter' Lili calls me uncle.  We had made plans to have a 2 week holiday in Qingdao sometime in April, after which we were going to Beijing for the weekend together his family and mine, so I can 'feel' everyones loss on here.

Anyway two days before Mike was taken away from us so tragically we were Pm'ing each other about the bagpipes.  He had seen a set of players in his town and he requested them to play the 'famous' tunes Scotland the Brave etc because he like to hear the pipes played.  Well anyway I put this Cd of the pipes that I have on and the tune that followed Scotland the brave (which brought mike into my mind) was 'Abide with me'...I think this is so fitting.

So I want to say farewell mate...Meet you on the other side;-((

Rob & Ke Ren
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:27:58 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2009, 10:28:13 am »
One thing stills remains in my mind, sorry, brothers.. but... it just "happened so quickly"...  
I've noticed that on FB, he has(d) 2 profiles : one for China love, another one for his family...
Well... i've been talking to him before going to Shanghai...
too many things happened so quick... and no way to make it all "clear", except that "he's gone, dude"...
- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2009, 10:52:37 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='19498' dateline='1255098146'

We had grown closer these last few months through my posts and upcoming adventure to china.  We became that close that his new 'Daughter' Lili calls me uncle.  

Rob, Can you find out what really happen? I'm not convinced it went this way. To many questions unanswered.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2009, 10:58:07 am »
Will do mate...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2009, 08:54:04 pm »
I have been away from the site for a week.  Now this news.  This is tragic.  Life is such a fleeting thing.  One minute everyone is celebrating his seemingly quick recovery.  What an unfortunate loss to everyone associated with Michael--even those of us who knew him in a casual way.

My Sympathy to Zhou and her family.
Skip

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »
This is so very strange.  We will miss Michael no matter how this happened.  He was a good man and father.  That loss alone is tragic.  "Good Bye Michael L. Maines, We hardly knew ye".  From myself and Mrs. Burk.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2009, 01:57:44 am »
I thought I knew Michael for two years now and I became one of his best Friends over that time .
But now , I have my doubt ( like Vince ) there is NO real Life proof this has ever happened ... except here . This really breaks my Heart , to think all this was just a play out of a pratical joke over the Internet . Of course I don't want to believe this is true ... but then ... would I wish it to be true and Michael is really gone ? I'm out of what I thought was a great Friend , either way .