Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 17022 times)

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
Re: What do you guys think?
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2009, 05:17:32 pm »
Quote from: "Ronan"
i get the feeling Josh that you are going travel the Chinese road of destiny to the end here, delighted to hear its working out for you  :)

Yeah buddy im on that happy road right now, but I cant go in blind I know there is a possibilty this may not work out.  I'm not worried about her its the parents.  You could say im well not conservative in the least with my apperance.  Le actually likes it but she does not know how her parents feel.  she dont think the piercings would be a problem considering the younger generation is doing that alot now. But so far the mother seams to like me so all good.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 05:30:24 pm »
Quote from: "Vince G"
Sounds like it's working out. A couple of months my lady she surprised me in a letter saying she bought a electronic dictionary/translator to learn english and studies every night. I didn't ask her to? She just did. Now your lady is too.
I think it is absolutely amazing what these women will do for us.  Somethin a western woman wouldnt even think of doing.  Well at least that I have dated.  Its always about them and what they want and need.  There is no compromise. Well anyhow enough of that.  Le has surprised me in every way, last night she told me she was listening to rap  to learn english, it was funny cause I cant understand rap and I know english.  I joked with her and told her good luck with that.  She also said she is taking a second job to pay for our trips, I did not agree with this but I respect her for it.  I didnt really know what to say to her about it.  I know she is a very independent woman, and deserves to be treated as so.  I think after paying for every trip date and everything else for the girls I dated, it had my head spinning.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 06:11:09 pm »

Burn her some songs that she can here english and send lyrics with it, that's what I did.

I'm in the process of filling up a little mp3 player for my girl.  The smallest ipod with no screen seems perfect since you don't need to read English to use it.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2009, 01:56:19 pm »
I can't imagine what kind of Rap they have there? That is to funny. I call it Rap Crap. I hate it. Doesn't take any talent, anybody could do it. I have a thing for the media that says someone's a STAR? If no one knows him/her their not Stars?  

How I agree with you Vince , for that Crap , I would not spend one cent for . I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did . It turns our youth's into Punks , with no repect for anything .

Offline David

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 07:42:08 pm »
Quote from: "Neil"

Burn her some songs that she can here english and send lyrics with it, that's what I did.

I'm in the process of filling up a little mp3 player for my girl.  The smallest ipod with no screen seems perfect since you don't need to read English to use it.

That is a great idea Oh Man of Hershey! :lol:

Sounds like you got a good woman there Josh...

Big Dave

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2009, 01:49:34 am »
Thanks Big Dave.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 01:55:12 am »
I have to interject a little about the rap thing.  I of my good friends just released his first album.  He is a stand up guy and a good family man.  He actually has something to say in his music that isnt like other artist.  But I am a rock guy, and recently was introduced to older blues music which i enjoy very much.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Arnold

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 09:26:10 pm »
Boy , does that take the word's right out of my Mouth , Vince . That is how it is , full blast and foul language to boot . Those Kid's are all going to be hard of hearing by the time their 30 year's old and take some of us with them , having to put up with it almost on a daily bases.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2009, 03:43:09 am »
I agree with vince and arnold blasting away foul language not what i call music i'm allways telling my boy its a load of pooh,lol he says they good singers but they aint singing and not only that most of them nick songs from others and turn a bloody good song into crap oops sorry rap i mean hehe but all to there own i spose still think it pool ;)
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 03:01:53 am »
Good on ya Vince!  I love that phrase: Can ya feel it?
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 03:09:24 am »
Alright Vince!  Its an awesome feeling to get letters like that. Knowing that they are trying and its for you.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 03:28:33 am »
Just a little update on how things are working out for Le and I.  Since we started chatting on msn she has opened up to me alot.  I think she was a little skeptical with who was on the other side writing to her.  When she figured out that everything in those letters were from me and my heart she really blossomed.  I knew she was shy and her families opinion of me were very important.  And when we were writing through emf's she had never mentioned me to her friends or family.  Now she is always telling me how much her mother likes me and cant wait to visit with me and she wants to cook for me.  When we started using msn she would not talk about about anything personal.  Now she is telling me she would like to be married in the U.S and that she wants our children to have my eyes, she looks forward to having mixed children.  She is really a very happy and romantic girl that I did not know through our emf's.  I booked my flight and and rooms in Beijing and in Baoding.  Going in July.  I am super stoked!  This girl does not cook but is learning from her mother so she can cook for me when I visit.  I look forward to eating her burnt food :lol: I dont think it will be that bad.  Thanks for reading guys!
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 09:02:29 pm »
Yeah I am beginning to see that, its almost a dream, a fairy tale.  I mean seriously you hear of all the fairy tales for little girls.  They all mostly relay the same message, to find a handsome rich man.  I think we need to collectively write a fairy tale childrens book so little boys have something to look forward to.   :lol: Its awsome though never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find a beautiful girl that has brains and is very sweet.  Well guys its about time for her to log on.  

I tried to reboot it let me know if it came back up(avatar)
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 11:46:36 am »
Thanks Hajo, I can always count on you guys to lift my spirits.  I know Im a lucky, lucky guy.  Being in love with this woman is the greatest thing I have ever expeirenced.  

I actually have a question for you guys.  When Xule and I were discussing children earlier in the week she told me she and her parents had discussed after the children were old enough we could send them to her parents and they would raise them.  She said her parents were happy to do this.  And that she wanted us to be free together.  Has Anyone been through this or what do you guys think?  I might have stepped on her toes.  I told her that was a nice gesture by her parents, but the whole reason I want children is to raise them and watch them grow.  She agreed and it was the end of the conversation.  I am not sure I dont know if it because she is going to feel bad for leaving her parents alone, or se thinks it might be a safer enviroment for them.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Hajo

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44:07 am »
I think Maxx has a very good point there. It is probably a typical thing in China to do, though you have time to go work and so on. I don't know if they have daycare centers for kids in China. If they don't, then it would be kind of natural to pass the kids on to grandparents. Then the parents have time to work and make sure there is money for the living. When the kids have a certain age they come back to the parents. That's what I think could be the explanation for it.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.