Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128300 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #735 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »
I suggest that you turn it into a stautue of Maxx.   Or if it is short then maybe Scottish Rob. Come to think of it it already looks a bit like him.  (At least he cannot comment on this as he is away in Turkey for two weeks at the moment?)

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #736 on: August 25, 2013, 09:35:50 pm »
haha... come to think of it, it does look like Rob.. when he smiles. ;D

Done for now.. if my LaoPo likes it (she's at work) I'll keep it like it is.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #737 on: August 26, 2013, 01:06:49 am »
Just tell her it's a beer holder...I mean a tea table!

Vince G

« Reply #738 on: August 26, 2013, 10:51:21 am »

Or a large bottle opener

Arnold

« Reply #739 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:30 am »

Or a large bottle opener

The Model I bought is about ten inches tall and it actually is a "Bottle" opener. If you read up on the tower, it's design had to be changed from the original design.. which was to have a round opening at the top.. but People got upset because it looked too much like the "Rising Sun" from Japan.. so they made it a rectangle instead.

Arnold

« Reply #740 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:04 pm »
Knowing the Chinese Folks and ....

.... some of their Customs/Beheaviors certainly helps living with them a lot easier.
This came in handy yesterday on Qings Birthday. See, the day before we had it all set to be having Dinner at the Rib place near our Home. Well, the Chinese love to change pretty much everything (even if it's set in Stone) at a moment's notice.
Like she called me at work to ask me "Where" we should go, as if we never even talked about it the day before. So, back and forth it went... Restaurant after Restaurant.
This was going on and most likely still would, if I didn't mention that I received just the day before an $10 discount Card from the "Yard House". That was like Music in my LaoPo's ears and she made up her mind on the spot, nothing was going to change it now.
Anyhow, we did have a wonderful time/dinner to my Sweetheart's delight.
I think those great "Beer's" they serve at the Yard House help us along with having a good time... haha.
After arriving back home, Dessert was waiting in the Fridge. Qing's favourite Ice Cream Cake from Coldstones. She felt "Special" and that's
what it is all about!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:57:50 pm by Arnold »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #741 on: September 29, 2013, 06:02:37 am »
I see in the first photo that you have a few takeaways in the background ready to go home with.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Arnold

« Reply #742 on: September 29, 2013, 12:27:36 pm »
I see in the first photo that you have a few takeaways in the background ready to go home with.
Willy

I have never sat so close to that much Brew, without getting Snokered.. guess I lost it at my age?

Arnold

« Reply #743 on: November 07, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »
Yesterday was... break out the Champagne day!
It certainly was a day to Celebrate!

The reason? All my LaoPo's hard work/studies had finally come to an successful end.

She passed her GED test with flying colours!

Finishing three of  the five (5) categories (Math-Writing-Science) with a score over 500+ and the other two (2) with an average of 430... even running out of time and not answering all of the questions.

I am so proud of my Sweetheart, considering being Chinese (where Characters are a norm)... makes it even more so a success for her without a doubt.

Makes me think, would "I" be able to equal "Her" accomplishment? Then again; I would only worry about my Grammar, having to do the Test myself.

So, I did take her out for Dinner last night and opened a Bottle of my favourite Champagne.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #744 on: November 07, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »
Great to hear such success. Now School's out for Summer.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

• Board Moderator
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2013, 12:06:12 am »

???Just what is a GED test? ???

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2013, 12:29:42 am »
Willy General Education diploma.It's for people who for one reason or another didn't graduate from high school.In the U.S.When I took it back in 1986 it was a easy test.In 2013 it's a whole different story.Arnold needs to be buying Qing Diamonds and pearls.she really accomplished something.

With out studying for the test most American high school graduates couldn't pass the test.It is real tough now.The tests combines everything you learned from the past 12 years.And breaks it down into four or five tests that are timed.

Qing and Arnold really do have a reason to celebrate.

Arnold

« Reply #747 on: November 08, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »
...thanks Ron-Mike!

haha.. Diamonds & Pearls? That just so happens, this is what I'm made out of. So she has that already in "Large" size even.

Arnold

« Reply #748 on: March 06, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »
As some of you noticed, I have not been on here much lately. That is due to not having much time on my hands now and the coming 8 months or so, because my lovely LaoPo is going through somewhat of a torture.. doing a crash course for 9 months to become a "Medical Assistant" attenting a Private College. That same course at an Community College is 2 years, but Qing decided to go for the shorter time frame. She is studying til' Midnight and up again at 5am (Mon.-Fri.), which makes me feel like a Bacholar in a way.
She certainly is one smart Cookie, finishing her tests so far with no less then a 93-100 score on all of them. This as/with a second language... while those Books she learns from makes it seem like she becoming a Doctor. It is too much for my little Brain.
Anyway, I do check in here from time to time without signing in just to keep up whats going on and not miss too much.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #749 on: March 06, 2014, 05:32:27 pm »
I know exactly how you feel Arnold....my LP is doing a teaching degree in 6 months (she did get some significant exemptions for her Chinese Degree, after we had it Certified in Aus)..but this course can be done "at leisure " in 18 months...or at frantic pace in 6 months !!!

So now I am doing cooking, housework etc etc etc while she studies for (it seems) 23 hours per day...oh yes, and I am also the official translator for all the books she has to read !!!

Life sure is different  ;D ;D ;D