Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128676 times)

Arnold

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2010, 04:26:44 pm »
David , if you mean those Grey Stones I have put into the Hole where the Cactus Garden is going to be .. they are only there for now as these are going to make up the Waterfall later . If you mean the Red Stepping Stones , they are for tying it all together at the end . Pictures really don't do it that great of justice . The Hill , yes it is just covered with Groundcover that was already there 10 years ago . I just dug into the Hill for my Spa , to gain more room or NOT loose any of the backyard . I still have a 1/4 Acer , which is not common anymore with new homes .. even the Big two story ones . We were the last ones to be that lucky , to actually have some room outside too .

David5o

« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2010, 05:02:04 pm »
Arnold,

NO, ...I mean the walls around your garden!! (they look grey in the photo's) ..haha!!   We call them ''blockwork'' walls....

Here is my little effort of having a Cactus bed... haha!! The second pic, is the start of a water feature, just looking around now to find the right large pot to use. I made provision for all the electrical connections when laying the stamped concrete area, in which the sump is located....

David.....

I think those photo dates are wrong, .... only built the cuctus beds last April... hahaha!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:08:34 pm by David5o »

Vince G

« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »
I think he's referring to the cider block walls. Lots of things you can do with that. Paint it and put a lattice in front?

shaun

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2010, 05:29:16 pm »
Arnold and David,

All looks very nice.    Some day I might be able to show mine.  Who am I kidding? If it is green it is good.

Shaun

Arnold

« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2010, 05:45:46 pm »
We are also lucky to have these Blockwalls instead of some cheap Iron Fences where everybody is enjoying your Privacy . haha
Painting them is a good idea Vince , but I think by the time all is done and Hedges have grow some more .. one will see a minimum of these Walls from my side of view . 80% should be covered by then .

David , I now know what you meant and thanks for a look into your Yard . It is very neat and clean like you had mentioned before . Great Job yourself there .

Yesterday , Qing and I talked about doing a Waterfall after all . Where I place a Waterproof custom-made Tank down into that hole I made already only twice as deep and place it there with a narrow opening lenght-wise to catch the water coming of the Rocks ( instead of going to water the Plant's ) with a enlarged and wider opening on one side for the Pump to fit through and for future replacement's if needed . As for the Plant's ( Cuctus Plants ) I will now lay a seperate Sprinkler line of the Side by the Grapes and use that to put one center sprinkler for that . I did lay an extra 110V wire as I was laying down the 220V for my Spa , knew it would be handy some day and that is only about 10 feet away . I should have it all ready and running by the end of this year .

Arnold

« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2010, 11:36:06 pm »
After Cherry picking today and eating them like a Pig , it was time to go Home and bake our Cake number three . Here are a couple of pictures .. but no taste or smell - o - vision .. sorry Guy's . It is an Lemon cake which is cut in half and place 1/4 inch of Vanilla Pudding into the center , close it up and spread Vanilla frosting all around and top off with Coconut flakes . We'll see tomorrow how good it tastes . No ORDERS please .

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2010, 01:47:44 am »
Arnold , looks like the filling is thicker than 1/4 of an inch ha ha , please post my half of the cake as soon as possible as I would like to eat it while it is still fresh , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2010, 02:53:29 am »
Did somebody say cake? I will bring the coffee.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

ttwjr32

« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2010, 08:01:07 am »
coffee and 1 scoup of ice cream with that  looked good did it taste good??

Arnold

« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2010, 01:31:14 pm »
did it taste good??

Now .. it looks to good to cut into it . No actually , we are having the Neighbors come over later today for Coffee and Cake . They survived the other two Cakes .. so they let us know if it was an success again .

Rob . , the filling is 1/4 inch . It just looks that way , due to not all the side is covered with Coconut and some of the actual Cake is showing . One can not see the filling from the outside . I post a Photo when Cut to show the inside , where I also poked holes into the lower part and let the Pudding filling run down and fill them as well . Should be interesting .

Arnold

« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2010, 11:46:06 am »
Life is good .. no it's great actually !

As Qing and I are pretty much always busy , especially on weeksends .. I haven't had much time to be here as of late . To the point Qing even ask me , what is the matter with you ? Lost interest in your Forum ? No , I reply'd .. just needed a break and second .. I thought/felt guilty , that I was spending too much time away from her . Anyway , thought I post some new Photo's here for all the eager Eyes ( if there are any left ) .

1st: Ahhh .. yes Sweetheart , I like this one .. after I get my License . I can really see Qing in this one , cruising down the Road and send some photo's back to her Family .

2nd: A Dress I have bought her in San Diego , one for Summer she say's . Four Season's , four different Wardrope's from Head to Toe's .

3rd: Two weekends ago , at a " Spinners " Concert by our House . Great Performance under the Stars and full packed Park .
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:52:54 am by Arnold »

ttwjr32

« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2010, 12:29:59 am »
Arnold  you should get her that car for driving around Palmdale in the cool summer nights  lol!!!

Arnold

« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2010, 12:42:29 am »
Yes Ted , as the House prices are down to about the price of that Car .. I can just trade my House for the Car straight across . haha We can sleep in the Rumble seat in back .

Vince G

« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2010, 07:48:19 am »
Just change one word and you got yourself a song she can blast while driving.

"The Little Asian Lady from Pasadena" (Palmdale doesn't work?)

Arnold

« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2010, 05:05:49 pm »
Watch out , here she comes .. here comes speeding Mama .

That's a great idea Vince . That Car would be the perfect Car for Qing . Half of this Car is missing already and if she get's into a Crash , we'll just leave the bend stuff off .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:08:16 pm by Arnold »