Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128739 times)

Offline Arnold's LaoPo

• 上海花&蜜蜂永远!
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:42 pm »
Thank you fellow members so much for the congratulation to my passing the driving test. Me and my Lao Gong(my instructor)
were so happy finally got it done.Now we are looking for a porsche for my next car. :D
Sorry my english is not that good enough to write much more,unless you want to read some chinese instead.

QING
Happiness is wherever " OUR " Home is :heart::heart:

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2010, 12:09:17 am »
Qing...I have heard your English, and it is excellent...maybe better than Arnold's. hahaha  Don't give up on that Porsche!  Keep asking your lao gong until he gets it for you.  Can you also ask him to buy me one as well?

Arnold

« Reply #362 on: August 05, 2010, 12:31:53 am »
 ??? That is NOT funny !!! She was talking about a Matchbox Model .. not real .

ttwjr32

« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »
get her the BMW first and after a year of driving that you can get her the PORSCHE

Arnold

« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2010, 06:52:53 pm »
If we were not kind of short on Funds , I would have bought her the beautiful BMW my neighbor down the street was selling . A 525i in showroom shape with only 120,000 miles on it . Miles don't mean nothing to me on a Motor , I just re-do it when needed . It was a steal at $2,200 ( '85 ) . But Qing needs some solo driving before I get her into a newer Car . I will first teach her to get used to my SUV , then we see .

ttwjr32

« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2010, 04:04:53 am »
im sure it will be all good  just a little ractice on her part

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #366 on: August 06, 2010, 09:41:32 am »
im sure it will be all good  just a little ractice on her part
Yup...a little "ractice, and "ersistence" goes a long way!

Arnold

« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2010, 05:55:47 pm »
I guess Qing did not waste any time after passing the driving test . Yesterday , now where do you think .. she gone off to on her own ?
First to one Supermarket about two miles away . Did not find one item , so off to the next .. about eight miles away to find this special Sauce which she must have for dinner . She did find it there . I would have been afraid if she didn't , she would have most likely driven to the S.Fernando Valley to the 99 Ranch Market for it . Only 60 miles away . She is at least free to get out of the house now ones in awhile . Happy for her , but I do worry to come home and the Car is a foot shorter . So , my little Truck has 510,000 miles now .. it will be a million soon . :o

First two : Yes that crazy Helicopter .. round and around and upside down .
Next two : This War-Hog had the ground shaking pretty bad dropping those Bombs .
Next three : Thunderbirds , perfection at it's best .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:41:07 am by Arnold »

shaun

« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2010, 06:59:46 pm »
I read the first line that Qing didn't waste any time and saw the pictures and though  :o OH! NO! she is taking flying lessons.  ::)  Good thing I read the rest.  I imagine she is having a lot of fun going out to do what she needs to do.

Arnold

« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2010, 07:09:12 pm »
  :o OH! NO! she is taking flying lessons.  ::)

Oh .. she will have a good laugh .. when she reads this one .

here comes this chinese Woman trying to fly a Copter . Believe me , they all are heading to the Exit .

ttwjr32

« Reply #370 on: August 14, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »
the flight back to here would be shorter

Arnold

« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2010, 12:08:52 pm »
Today is the day , Qing is going back to her ESL classes . After only doing the third level of English last year and early this year , she'll be doing the final fourth level . Being a Chinese , she didn't want to repeat the previous classes again and then start the fourth with more confidence . Oh no , she likes the challenge . After that she'll have a High School equal of a Diploma . Second , I will enroll her into a Employment Agency and let them find her a good Job near to where we live . No McDonald's here ! :P She wouldn't want to sell Food she would not want to eat herself . So , she also wants to drive herself now , but I will be on Board still .. as it includes night-driving after School and on a two-way Road ( no shoulder ) with Speed Limit 55 .. not to my like'in .

ttwjr32

« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:27 pm »
Arnold,

being in calif all these years she will probably drive better than you  hahahaha

Arnold

« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »
I'm going on my second Million ( not $ ) miles that is , so I don't think so . I live and breath Calif. driving .  :) :( :P >:( :'(

Arnold

« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:03 am »
A quick note .
This Sunday the 21st. is exactly one year that Qing arrived here in Calif . Well , call it an coincidence .. but this Sunday will be her first day at Work here .
Nothing big , 30 hours at an Panta Express only ten minutes from our House . Finally , after month's and month's of filling out Applications and sending Resume's .. she landed a part time Job . She is very excited of course and I'm happy for her to get out and meet some People . It will also improve her English being with Customer's and Co-worker's alike . Will keep it updated , how it's going and such .