Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128636 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2010, 02:37:28 am »
WOW..Arnold !!!

That's a very impressive Philodendron you've got there.......

Pity that vision in the bikini was hiding most of it  ;D ;D ;D

JOHN1964

« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:12 am »
Always love to read the posts here as they are very helpful and i can relate to a lot of what you guys are going through without your loved ones with you,
My question is for Arnold, You state that you married at a registry office just a few days after your arrival, Minying has been told that we have to wait up to ten days before we can get a marriage certificate to be legally wed as i am a foreigner, She lives in Handan which is in the province of hebei,  I have heard that there are different requirements in different places, I have got all my documents authenticated and stamped by the relevant authorities, Can you or someone else please help us as i am not sure as what to do, Thanks guys. 

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2010, 11:04:26 am »
Nice photos Arnold. And it looks like you have a nice hot tub there too. I wish you many a soak this holiday season!! hahaha.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:36 pm »

That's a very impressive Philodendron you've got there.......

Pity that vision in the bikini was hiding most of it  ;D ;D ;D

That Plant was a very picky one , of where it wants to be placed , finally I put it right there behind my LaoPo and it loved it . haha
This Plant I will place around my China-Cabinet ones it is long enough . It's getting there as you can see near the lower section . Amazing thing is , it's only in a 6 inch Pot , so I'm afraid to change it over to a bigger one and get it upset with me .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2010, 04:07:07 pm »
John

Mike is right...whatever documents you have got beforehand, it is essential that your Lady actually go and ask the local Wedding Office exactly what documents they need for your marriage.

I got caught out myself, because despite having every document with me that I could possibly need, the local Wedding Office only wanted a Single Status Document from the Australian Embassy in Guangzhou...nothing else was needed (Except my passport)

Arnold

« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »
Sorry John , but Mike and David answered it for you .. they beat me to it . Talking about a quick Marriage .. that's one reason why I love Shanghai .

Arnold

« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2011, 02:06:41 am »
Today I lit up a Candle in our Bedroom for my late wife's 70th Birthday and my LaoPo does not mind one bit . I know why I love this Woman so much . Going to the Cemetery on Sunday with some Flower's she will join me too , as this will be four year's ( Jan.24th ) since her passing . I am really lucky , not to be married to one of those jealous kind .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:08:32 am by Arnold »

Offline halfpint

« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2011, 02:34:44 am »
Arnold,  my thoughts are with you.  I'm glad you have an understanding lady.  Losing someone does not mean you stop loving them, they are always with you. 
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2011, 12:19:47 am »
Alan , yes .. your are sooo right and thank you . This has always been a hard Month for me the last four years , but it is getting better .. but forget ? I never can and never will .

Arnold

« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2011, 10:40:26 pm »
After going to the 99 Ranch Market for our by-monthly Chinese Food Shopping , it also happen to be a time and place for picking up some of the Decorations for the Chinese New Year ( extended Story on my Blog ) . Anyway , thought I up-load a few of the Photo's I took after all that work . haha  Doing this kind of work , it is always .. that you need something .. you don't have at Home and have to make a Run for it .. to the Store .
Of course under a watchfull Eye of my Parrot ( Columbus ) .

Offline Chong

« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »
Where are the "Rabbits" Arnold ???

Arnold

« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2011, 04:46:01 pm »
The Rabbit's are in the Bedroom !  :P :-*

No actually I thought of this of course , but I can't decide LIFE ones or STUFFED ones  :-\ ? We will be going to Chinatown and see for more deco's .

Arnold

« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2011, 06:48:56 pm »
Well Guy's , as we all know .. about the waiting Game some Government's play .. the DMV here in California is not far behind .
It is now five month's since Qing passed her Driving Test and still NO License in sight . Now three visit's later to the darn DMV ( each time a day off from Work ) I'm still getting the run-around .
1st visit .. I was nice to these behind the Counter and was told .. it should be coming soon .
2nd visit .. I faced that Bit** at one Department and left to go to the other across Town . Much nicer and was told it is an Immigration Problem and handed a Phone number to call . So I went to my Immigration Lawyer the next day and was told by Him .. Lic. has nothing to do with Immigration . Okay ? The number I was given , nobody ever answered that one and I try'd for day's .
3rd visit .. mighty upset , but since I didn't have to wait too long and received the same Person as the first time .. I stayed more calm . He of course felt sorry to see us again for the same reason . Made some calls and came back .. to tell us .. Homeland Security put a hold on the License . Why , is anybody's guess .. as he did not know ? It's not our department , so please call this number ( Issuance Dept. and Fax these Paper's to this number .. along with a Copy of Qing's Green Card . By now all I saw was RED . Paper's Faxed and I call if Fax was received ? Trouble again .. now what ? We didn't receive the Green Card Copy . So we both Run to the nearest story to Fax it again , back Home to call to see if she's got it this time . But Sir .. she said .. it takes at least two hours before we receive the Faxes , as they get send to us . What the Fu** ? They don't even have their Fax Machines in the same Office ? Are they living in the 60's ? This was a Lie of course , which I knew .. but this Lady ( the second I've talked to ) didn't know .. that the first Lady got the first Fax after two minutes of holding on the Phone with Her , when she told me .. NO Green Card Copy .
This is our Government !!! Qing and I are just about to ... no not Cry .. but Laugh out loud . This is all a big joke .
So here I'm all day again trying to reach them , phone is busy all the time . Yeah .. busy sitting on their Ass** doing nothing .
Anyway , if it is a Case of Immigration putting a hold on it .. then why the Fu** didn't they send me a Note and let me know what the Fu** they need to please their sorry As* ?

Sorry Guy's , but this is worse then waiting for Qing's Visa Interview . I don't know where they find all those good hard working Folks ? Lazy / Liar's / Dont know what the other in the same Dept. is doing and the only thing they good at .. is let me Transfer you to the Dept. that can help you .
Not to mention the lousy Music you have to endure while on hold .

HELP!!!!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »
Arnold...you sound totally frustrated.  I hope you are able to get her missing license soon.

Vince G

« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »
Arnold I feel your pain. I'm waiting on the courts here as well. Papers are in. Anyway to answer a question you had, and I only know of it just here in florida... When I was on unemployment I was on the phone with them (they don't have local offices here) so I asked "How do you get a job there?" It's a state job right? She whispered into the phone they are hired from agencies, they're Temps. Now I know why it's all screwed up. Hang in there!!