Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128727 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:15 am »
Must say. thats a very nice summer house Arnold.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2011, 08:25:19 am »
Oh Willy you should see his Winter Home...

Arnold

« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21:22 am »
I think Willy knew about my Winter Home already Vince . haha

Well some hard work was done today , from 7:00am to 6:00pm .. buying/cutting/nailing ect. and here are a few of the result .

Tomorrow the final step to cover the rest . Then Falshing/Trim/Shingles will be next . Have all the Electrical stuff already for Light's/Fan , but first comes Paint .
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:24:36 am by Arnold »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #468 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:54 am »
Wap... what A Patio ! 'just seems like it will be a very beautiful one !
I know it is not finished, but from what I can see right now, please keep us updated about it ^^
- Let's Rock -

Arnold

« Reply #469 on: June 16, 2011, 12:03:00 am »
So , today after work I finished the Shingles and Flashing . Now it's off to Paint the darn thing and put on the Trim all around . Buy Light fixtures this weekend and install them . For the following weekend , Fan and beautify the Post's as needed . Ohhhh .. one more thing after that , buy ( yeah buy ..buy ) Furniture to sit on  ::)

Funny , how it looks Blue .. when it matches the Roof of the House .. Grey ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:05:17 am by Arnold »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #470 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:54 am »
Once you are done I hope you buy a brand new barbecue and send out invites to the brothers here.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #471 on: June 16, 2011, 12:56:30 am »
Once you are done I hope you buy a brand new barbecue and send out invites to the brothers here.

....heck , I can't say "NO" to that ! Whoever is in the area that is a "MEMBER" is welcome . This Home is for Members only ! 8)

Offline halfpint

« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2011, 11:00:40 pm »
Gre,at work, hope you get to enjoy many nights out there, having a drink, a barbecue and relaxing!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:29 am »
From my Blog ...

Another crazy Weekend .
This time it started on Friday already . Getting a call from my Neighbor , to see if we wanted to go out to eat and listen to some Music afterwards . It was a Greek Restaurant ( food was excellent ) with some DJ Music after all the Tables are moved into another Room to clear way for Dancing . This is where we worked "off "our Food we stuffed ourselves with . It got really crowded by 10 pm , and ones we hit the Floor .. there was no stopping til closing time at 1:00am Saturday . Now before Friday and Dinner was ever mentioned , I was going to get up early and start Painting the Patio . Well , this still went down , but not "early " like planned . Let's say , about 11am I was out there with Brush in my Hand and Ladder . By 6:00 pm , I called it a day . There was still Sunday to finish it . Yeah .. finish I did .. even put up one of the Light Fixtures . Must say , Qing and I love it .. the Paint and the Light we chose .

Anyway , tired and burned out by now .. what happens ? My Bro ( the Neighbor ) calls and ask us to come over for Bar-B-Que at 5:00 pm . We both agreed to it and arrived at their House ( walked .. haha ) at 6:00 . The trouble there , this also went on til about Midnight . Red Wine and great Cigar's , how can one relax better .. I thought . So today , please someone keep my away !!!! So I get some " REST " .

Well , it's nice actually to have the means to take half a day OFF and start none other then .. yes .. go to work again ! So , I just had to finish up them Lights and hang that Fan in it's place .. as it was knocking at the Box to let it OUT .

Here are the result of todays labor in near 100 degree weather .
Oh yes , the two light switches are on the Rafter's on purpose .. only ME and Qing can reach them ! So NOBODY plays with "THEM" lights ... Hahahaha .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:33 am »
If you understand the reference......... Nice Patio Lanterns!

Vince G

« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2011, 06:59:03 am »
Very nice, I'm impressed.

Offline shaun

« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2011, 06:46:51 pm »
Wow.  I am impressed.  Really looks nice Arnold.

Arnold

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2011, 11:56:09 pm »
Rhonald , hahaha .. good ! Let's call them Lantern's , there is a little resemblance .. isn't there ?

Vince/Shaun , thanks .. I think the OLD man still got it !

Arnold

« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2011, 12:55:29 am »
Sorry Rhonald , but I can not play the Video . " Your Up-Loader can not play this Video in your ( mine ) Country " it says .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2011, 01:18:02 am »
Darn, there was a different version on You tube that give me the same message. And here I thought the USA had access to most music forms. I will delete the post. It was Kim Mitchell's official video song Patio Lanterns.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:20:52 am by Rhonald »