Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128674 times)

Vince G

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #495 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:26 am »
Ah Arnold, who's that sitting next to Qing? Mmmm maybe I should make a trip to Calif.  ;)

Arnold

« Reply #496 on: June 30, 2011, 11:22:38 am »
Ah Arnold, who's that sitting next to Qing? Mmmm maybe I should make a trip to Calif.  ;)

That's my Neighbor's Girlfriend of ten years and even be his Wife someday ? She's from El Salvador . Next to her is my Loan Officer , they both work at BofA .

Offline shaun

« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2011, 02:12:53 pm »
Very nice Arnold.  As Rhonald a place fit for a King and Qing.

Arnold

« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2011, 01:44:40 am »
So Qing and I went on a Drive on Sunday the 3rd. First through a nice Mountainous Road to Pasadena to Visit my late Wife's Sister and Family , as I have promised them last year to bring them a large Bag of our Apricots from our Tree . After a wonderful time ( 3 hours ) it was of to what many friends have ask me many times over .. have you taken Qing to Monterey Park/Alhambra yet . So I found it was urgent to do just that . This is "Really" a Chinese Community and much larger then ChinaTown here in LA . We walked of course some of the Streets and checked out many of the Shops and Restaurants that came our way . After Shopping for some add-ons for our Patio we looked for a place to Chow Down .
Attention Martin : Maybe this will bring him out of Hidding , we found a great Dumpling place to fill our Tanks with nothing less .. then , Shanghai Dumplings and Chowmein . Excellent Food , definitely need to go back for more .

Arnold

« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:13 am »
Boy , talk about higher Prices for a Lawyer . Checking out the details of Qing's Son Visa application , it is about a thousand dollars more than Qing's .

1st;
$ 420 for Immigration to start
$ 750 for Lawyer
2nd;
$ 404 Visa Center
$  88    "        "
$ 300 for Lawyer
3rd;
$ 300 more for Lawyer ( while waiting for further notice )
4th;
$ 300 to $ 500 for Medical Exam.
5th;
$ 300 for good measures to Lawyer again

a cool three Grand and Qing's Perm. Green Card ( two years ) process is due next Month too . Ahhh .. it's only Money , concidering I have a Treasure in return .

Offline maxx

« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2011, 06:07:29 pm »
Arnold I have a few Questions. 1,700 for a lawyer? isn't this the same lawyer you used the last 2 times for your immigration and Qing's.My question why isn't he giving you a price break.I think it is time for a new lawyer.If this one is slapping you with the full bill again.Correct me if I'm wrong.Didn't this guy forget something on Qing's visa application.And you mentioned it on this forum.And I had to tell you that he missed something.Then you had to go back and make sure he did what ever it was.My personell opinion.I think it is time to get a new lawyer.Or put the screws to this one.And have him cut you a deal.

I think your missing a fee.There is 2 biometric exams.At 88 dollars apiece.Ok 420 to file the paperwork.I can understand that.What is the 404 for the visa center?I've never heard of that.For the medical exam for my wife it was only 100 dollars

Arnold

« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2011, 10:37:07 pm »
Maxx , first .. the Lawyer was actually the one that found something about Qing's Divorce Papaer's that the Visa center had missed . So he called them and straightened that out for me , otherwise it would have been a battle to get additional notarized Paper's from the Ex and he safed us that hassle .
Anyway , here is the PriceList that we received from Him . It's the same steps as with Qing , except more expensive this time around .

Arnold

« Reply #502 on: July 19, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »
I think .. there are a few Guy's here would like Photo's of just about anything . So here are a few from our last Concert ( America ) and some details on the Patio .
The last one , because Qing loves " Gold " and it's our Paradise .

Arnold

« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2011, 12:35:06 am »
So the Buddha has finally a place to sit and call his own . The Characters that I did below are ..
Pin - an - ru - yi ( be safe - be gratified ) !

Of course we will add a few more things ( fake Fruit , Insense Bowls , Antique Shelf with Gold , Flower's ) for the final touches .
Anyway , this does not mean .. Qing is a practising Buddist . It is just something I will let Qing decide on her own , I'm not one to force my Religion on to her . I tell her about Jesus ( my believe ) all the time and I listen when she tells me what Buddha is all about . 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:43:59 am by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2011, 12:37:52 am »
Oh? Was wondering why you put such a nice shelf up?

Arnold

« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2011, 12:49:14 am »
Yeah .. it wasn't for my Twelve Pack !  ;D

Arnold

« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2011, 10:50:54 pm »
Looking much nicer now and only is missing Insense Bowls . That triggered a long debate over Skype . Qing was talking to her Dad , about needing two Bowls ( 12-15cm ) and first thing was .. TWO ???? One only puts one in front of the Buddha . Well , she explained .. we need two .. because we don't have ROOM for the front . Back came the answer , this was never done and has never happened . So Qing came running to me and told me this . I told her , there is just no room in front and we can not change it now ! So she finally did convince her Dad for two Bowls . Hey  , I look at it .. two is better then one !
Second , we also must take Buddha to an Temple and have him blessed .. or else he will NOT listen or hear us .. it is said . Of course I will find a Temple here and do Qing that favour , I don't want to be a blamed for BAD Luck down the road some day .
My Parrot can of course "HANG" with us out there .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:20 pm »
My Parrot can of course "HANG" with us out there .

What!....I didn't know you were a pirate Arnold. Shiver me patio timbers....... :o
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2011, 11:42:29 pm »
May in July ? Only in America !
What do I mean by that ?

Well , this weekend .. Qing and I spend Saturday in Long Beach CA. .
This is about 90 miles south of where we live . This did not change our Minds though , to be part of a Festival .. that is actually celebrated in May .. in China that is . Hence , the Title of this Post .

As I saw with surprise on my PC , the mentioning of the 2011 Dragonboat Festival and Races over the this Weekend . Some 100 + Races of Young and Old alike . Anybody that can hold a Orr and is not afraid of the Water .

Need to get up early ( before 6am ) , have Breakfast and hit the Road south by no later then 8:00am . Knowning , that this place where all is going to happen .. will not be easy to locate/find . I only been twice in my 39 years here in California to Long Beach . That was to Visit the "Queen Mary" Cruise Ship .

As I suspected , we ( actually I ) were lost arriving in Long Beach . Going down the 710 Fwy and looking for the 7th Street Exit .. which never came . Finding ourselves in the Ship Yard and in the Un-loading area of all those oversea's Container's ( most of them from China of course ). Interesting view , as some of them I think were stagged 10-15 high . Some sight for sure . Anyway , me admitting that we are lost ( yes .. there are some Men that do admit their lost ) , it was time to ask some unexpecting Soul to guide us in the right direction . Remembering this from our last Downtown LA visit ( ask five People for Angle Flight and nobody knew where it was ) , of course the first Lady I ask at a SuperMarket .. had NO idea of the area where she Worked . hahaha
Oh , I now remember .. most work  2 Hours from Home and have NO idea where their at .

Asking a second Person , I could see .. we were at least close to our Destination . I saw some familiar Street's that were mentioned in the Printout I had taken with us from the Computer . Made me feel good , I can actually take some credit for finding the Place .. that always looks good in front of your LaoPo .

By now it was close to 11:00 am , not bad .. As I have figured in .. this well before .

Here we were , in the middle of dozens of Dragonboat's and People that will races them . Along all the Crowd that had the same idea of coming here . What was strange , is that Qing has never been to one in China in all her years growing up in Shanghai . It is also my first experience seeing this , even though I wanted to see them plenty of times in the Past .

Strolling with the Crowd , we came to an Stage that was to have different Performance's from different Countries/Cultures . Of course Chinese-Jananese-Hawaii-Tahiti .This was a nice welcome between the Boat races , as one sits under a Tent and out of the Sun .

Enjoying ourselves for about three-four Hours and walking slowly back to our Car , the Scenic Route .. to check out the beautiful Homes near the Marina . Turns out , Qing was even more interested in those Homes then the Boat races . Seeing on of them for Sale , picked up a Flyer to see what they are asking for one of those beauties . Oh .. a cool $ 1.2 Million for a 1936 build ( but renovated ) .. cough .. cough ! Not that I think they are not worth it , after all it was 2600 sq feet of obsolute " I love this " . Let me quick check my Checkbook and see .. if ?

One can Dream .. right ?

So on the way Home , we took the Pacific Coast Highway all the way to Venice ( not Italy ) . Including a view of old Queen Mary sitting like she does for many years as an Tourist Attraction .Qing loved the drive through one Beach City after the other very much , but she really liked Long Beach .. as she now wants us to take her Brother's Wife there .. when she comes in Sept. this year .

I'm now wondering , what happened to Pasadena .. did "IT" now move down on her List of favourite Cities ? Then again , the Beach Cities are beautiful to the Eye . I'm not the kind to go in the Ocean Water's , either for Fun or Sport . What I like most is the Temperature year-round .. comfortable .

One more stop we planned on the drive home , that was the Asian Market .. that we just can not pass up being within 5 minutes off the Freeway . Nice time shopping with Dinner next door and then .. call it a day .. it is .

Photo's are seen in my Blog , if anyone interested .

Vince G

« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2011, 12:58:29 am »
I can't believe you don't have a personal navigation device? Mine even wirelessly hook into my cell so I can answer or make calls handsfree. All voice control. Worth it, or if you have an iphone? there is a App for it too.  But glad you had a good time.