Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128682 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2011, 01:06:40 am »
I really liked the first picture with Qing and  boat #2. She looks very content with her success at taming of the dragon.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:08 am »
Vince , as you see .. I'm not the one to wait outside a Store for a NEW product to arrive . I only got myself a PC four years ago and that because I was alone and bored . Seeing everybody run for the new item each time is NOT for me and never will . Nobody tells me WHEN/WHERE/HOW or I need this .. I need nothing til I say I do and feel it necessary . I do NOT play by the Market , like what is IN or NOT . Same goes for Clothes , when I think I need some .. I buy what I like and not what somebody tell me I should wear . Okay , now you can call me "OLD FASION" ! If I followed all that , I'd be wearing my Pants around my Knee's .. instead my Hip and show my Underwear to everybody .

Rhonald , she might be a Dragon Tamer .. in my Vicinity she's a Pussy-Cat .

Vince G

« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2011, 10:07:18 am »
ha ha ha, I'm the same way, Arnold. I don't wait on a line unless I really have to even in the disco days. I would get to know the doormen while standing on line so next time I came there I was lead right in. But this is different, first it's not so new. They've been out a while so no lines. Second, I bought mine online so no shopping lines and waiting. My brother went to the store and bought the same one (before I) and spent over $300. for his I got mine for half his price.

I only buy what I need. It makes it easier to find a place on the cuff and saves me using my gas up. You can carry it also. So lets say you were walking along looking at the dragon boats and wanted an ice cream? It automatically knows were you are and you put in or say.. ice cream. It will give you all the ice cream places in a radius. It will even give the cheapest gas prices in the area and the map to get there.

As for fashion clothes? I don't buy them either. I have some (suits,etc) but I figure if it has a logo on it I would be advertising for them so let them pay me for wearing it, not the other way around.   :D

When I drove up to NY in the beginning of the year, I like my coffee so gas station coffee won't do. I punched in Starbucks and if gave me the exit and how far to it. It's a valuable tool to have.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:13:26 am by Vince G »

Arnold

« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »
I know it will be handy , I just don't know if I can ever push myself or soon to buy some of the NEW when I'm still working it up trying to learn IT . haha

Arnold

« Reply #514 on: September 15, 2011, 06:01:30 pm »
We have a Visitor tomorrow .

Well certainly hope my Sister In-law ( Wife of Qing's Brother ) , does not get into this kind of Traffic  ( previous Post ) to Pudong Airport tomorrow and miss her Plane .

Qing being here almost two years now , this would be our second Visitor from Shanghai so far . The first was Qing's Cousin some time back . So we are looking really forward having her with us for a couple of weeks and I'm sure she is equally excited as we are . This is not her first time though , she's been to both Coast's on different occations through her work .

This , as mentioned before .. is to buy a House here . I hope we find one to both our likking and a great deal besides . I think everything is ready , Guest Room and Food supply for both Chinese and American dishes during her stay .

Will post Photo's here , if she agree's to it and doesn't mind me doing so .

Arnold

« Reply #515 on: September 19, 2011, 02:14:28 pm »
Oh .. we did a lot of driving over the Weekend .

Friday ; To the Airport ( LAX ) about seventy miles each way , to pick up Sister In-law ( Janet ) .
Saturday ; She want's to see Hollywood , so off we go . Two Hours of sightseeing near and around the Chinese Theater , we decide .. let's take Sunset Blvd. through Beverly Hills and on the Venice Beach . After seeing the Canal's and all the "Strange Folks" at Venice Beach , I come up with the Idea .. let's walk to the Santa Monica Pier . Which was a good two miles of walking ( didn't want to Rent Bikes ) , $7 an Hour was after all too much to Pay .. both of them thought . Poor me , I now had no choice .. but to walk too . That round trip took about three hours , you can imagine .. I was the only one by now .. NOT crying " I'm tired " !
Haha .. I thought , well both of you didn't want them Bikes . ::)

So tired and exhausted , it was Outback Steak House for Dinner and Home for a well deserved Sleep . 150 miles later .

Sunday ; Outlet's in Camarillo with Sister In-law and long list of things as Gift's back home and herself of course . After Six (6) hours of Shopping , haha .. call me crazy .. but I didn't mind . I'm with two beautiful Lady's there after all . On the way back home we stop for some Mexican Food ( Dinner ) , which was a Hit with Janet .. as the Mex. Restaurant in Shanghai is not as good . Thank you El Tacito , for great Food .. at least that moment and the Corona's that I was in serious need of .
Home at 10:30pm and 180 miles under our belt for Sunday . No problem for me , but remember .. these two are Shanghainese and not used to driving those distances .

Back to work , and time to take a Breather . I can see next Weekend coming my way already , so need to rest some at work as much as I can . ;)

Vince G

« Reply #516 on: September 19, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
Sounds like you had a good time so far. You had to go to work to rest... ha  I see you found Tom Arnolds' Star?  What pier is in the photo? The Santa Monica Pier has the Ferris wheel? or are you on it?

Arnold

« Reply #517 on: September 19, 2011, 03:14:47 pm »
Sounds like you had a good time so far. You had to go to work to rest... ha  I see you found Tom Arnolds' Star?  What pier is in the photo? The Santa Monica Pier has the Ferris wheel? or are you on it?

Yes , great time ! This actually wasn't Tom Arnold's Star , to tell you the truth .. never heard of that Person . Can't even remember the first name , as I covered him instantly so Qing would only see what's in the Pic.
That was Santa Monica Pier and we are on the Wheel , beautiful day it was .

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #518 on: September 19, 2011, 07:06:35 pm »
No idea who foot Arnold is either.  Great to see your sister in law is enjoying herself so much Arnold.  It is a sad day though when a man must go back to work just to get some rest.  I understand about the long driving distances.  But in Oz we are used to driving long distances even between major cities.

Hope she enjoys the rest of her stay and you enjoy your rest mate. 

The Outback Steakhouse......bar humbug you yanks wouldn't know a good steak, or good food unless an Aussie cooked it for you!!!! ;)
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline shaun

« Reply #519 on: September 19, 2011, 07:25:07 pm »
The Outback Steakhouse......bar humbug you yanks wouldn't know a good steak, or good food unless an Aussie cooked it for you!!!!

And those words coming from one who more than likely eats and enjoys vegemite.   ??? ;D

Arnold I know all of you are having a great time so store up those resting cells and get ready to launch forth again next week.   Keep those pictures coming in.   Could the name under your foot have been Eddie?

Or maybe it was Arnold the pig from Green Acres.  :o  Tom's...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:33:50 pm by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #520 on: September 19, 2011, 09:33:28 pm »
Could the name under your foot have been Eddie?

No it is Arnold, Edward Rec 6225 Hollywood Blvd.
The key is the logo as it is for recording, while Eddie is for radio.

I rather Go Ogle girls but instead I googled "Arnold" on stars walk of fame.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #521 on: September 19, 2011, 11:00:51 pm »
Shaun

You surely must know that I could not resist the opportunity to leap in and defend the Australian National Food..........

Vegemite is our secret weapon.....if you eat it regularly you are automatically guaranteed perfect health, amazing sexual prowess, wealth beyond your wildest dreams and become irresistable to hot women.... ;D ;D ;D

But only REAL Men can face up to a daily dose of Vegemite on toast.......

I rest my case, your Honour...!!!!

David

Offline shaun

« Reply #522 on: September 20, 2011, 05:03:09 am »
Yes David, I knew you would be there to defend but even with your expert witness I just couldn't resist taking a poke at what Jason said.  The sane argument of resisting the urge lasted a scant 3 seconds before I found my fingers dancing merrily across the keyboard of my computer.

Offline maxx

« Reply #523 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:20 am »
Shaun don't take any lip off of these Aussies.They elect politicians with the name Stoner.So what doe's that tell you.And if it isn't bad enough.They lost a 75,000  dollar military truck.After they painted it with camouflage paint.The guy that was painting the truck must of ben out toking up with Stoner.And after they got stoned they forgot where they parked the truck.Stoner and the guy that painted the truck are out wondering around the outback.Asking the rocks.And the sheep.Dude have you seen my truck. :P

Offline kenny

« Reply #524 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:46 am »
Arnold we all know how we get stared at in China, I would love to see the stare's you get walking around with these two ladys.

Linda and I went to Indy to a monster truck show with my Grandson and daughter Saturday and had dinner at Outback as well. My second time Linda's first. I am curious, we dont eat steak to much but when we do Linda want's her meat well done. It looks burnt to a crisp to me, I like for the blood to run down my chin when I bite in to a steak. Is it common for these lady's to want their meat cooked like that? The things I have seen them eat in China makes me wonder why the meat needs to be cooked so much.

After reading the posts here I got to ask, What the hell is Vegemite?