Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128684 times)

Arnold

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #615 on: January 03, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »
New Years, riding a bike in a t-shirt!

What it must be like living in California?

Always nice to see your photo's

Kenny , can I whisper to you .. that it was about 85 degrees out there ? Crazy weather indeed !

Arnold

« Reply #616 on: January 27, 2012, 05:34:10 pm »
This Post is NOT about Qing, nore is it about myself. It really amazing what the PC has done for me overall. What happened just a few days ago, is even more unexpected. We all know about Facebook, many our Members have met there for the first time. Anyway, to get to the point. After fifty+ years, I have last week seen my one and only "Real" brother on Facebook. Needless to say, we are now communicateing via that Site. The last time I saw him, I was about two(2) yrs. old. WOW :o

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #617 on: January 27, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »
THAT"S not hot...THIS is hot !!!!!

Taken yesterday at 3.30 pm

Hot enough to fry an egg on the road (if you are so inclined !!!)

Dare not go outside...instant heatstroke....Ming cannot believe such heat. We have another week of this......thank goodnress for airconditioning, even though it struggles to cope in this heat.

For those of you who dont use Celsius temps...the numbers in degrees F are....117 and 85 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:12:36 pm by David E »

Arnold

« Reply #618 on: January 27, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »
Don't worry David, "HEAT" rises .. so it will come to "US" soon! ???
Last year here in Palmdale, we had three weeks straight temp's of 110F-115F during the day. Thats one reason for all those Fires we have. Community Bar-B-Q  :-\

Mike, there are many good things with this Computer Age, but also the opposite sometimes.

Vince G

« Reply #619 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:23 pm »
Same here Arnold. Coming across many I haven't seen or talked to since school days. Including my ex... the first ex that I haven't talked or seen in more then 30 years.

Offline shaun

« Reply #620 on: January 27, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »
Since Vince said ex I'll change directions a bit.  I am suffering from ex overdose the last couple of days.  My oldest child has been in the hospital and had major surgery.  The ex was there of course.  And of course I behaved myself.

Arnold it is great to communicate like that.  I know your happy communicating with him.

Arnold

« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »
Boy, this brother thing could end as quick as it started. My Mom tells me, that "He" is married to a VERY Jealous Wife (37yrs.) that is even jealous of our Mother, if he talks to her.
Anyway, he posted a Photo on Facebook along a Letter with much feelings/hurt from the past and here I wanted to show Qing his (my real Brother's) Photo .. it was gone? I know "She" has something to do with it. Again, there is a Wall placed between us for some reason unknown. I wrote him back and told him, I'd like some Photo's of from him(sounds like Chnlove times.. I need a Photo)haha . If "She" is placing herself between us, I don't see it going anywhere! We'll see....

Vince G

« Reply #622 on: January 28, 2012, 10:48:33 pm »
Arnold, learn to pull a copy off the page of a photo you want. As you know now they can disappear quickly.

Arnold

« Reply #623 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »
Arnold, learn to pull a copy off the page of a photo you want. As you know now they can disappear quickly.

Yes , I will learn that! He said that he does not like to put any Family info/photos on the internet. I thought only friends/family can see them on Facebook. Anyway, as open as I am and he is the opposite might throw a stone in our communications. I do not like secretive People or ones that are too cautious about everything, family included.

Arnold

« Reply #624 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:33 pm »
I can't believe ?

In today's Mail, a Letter from the DMV. So feel for something like a Card, low and behold.. there really is a Card inside. After opening, yes.. there it is finally! Qing's 'New" Driver's License, good til end of 2014. They really must of felt sorry for us the last time! Not only giving us an "Unlikely" second 60 day extention, but lay'd tracks for the new one as well.
Qing will be so surprised when I show it to her tonight after work.

Vince G

« Reply #625 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:44 pm »
well finally something got done at the DMV.

Arnold

« Reply #626 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »
well finally something got done at the DMV.

Yes.. now I can concentrate on her Perm.GreenCard. Have an Appointment and all the Proof they are asking again to send, only this time I will bring it in Person to "Them".

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:44 am »
good stuff buddy, good luck with the green card.

this is the next thing on our list after the baby is born, for Xia to get her licence.  fortuantly she has never learnt to drive before so there will not be any bad Chinese driving habits :)
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Arnold

« Reply #628 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:07 pm »
fortuantly she has never learnt to drive before so there will not be any bad Chinese driving habits :)

Jason, that is a very good thing!

I'm sure "You" will be the best Teacher for her, as she will not be as nervous .. as with a Stranger. Then again, some Places/States/Countries require you to go to an Driving School for a License.. which is not the case in Calif. Funny thing is, when People ask her.. what Driving School she went to.. she tells them " The Arnold's Driving School"! :) 8)
Make sure you take it at Xia's speed.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #629 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »
Take my advice Jase....put her in the hands of a good driving school....we found one with Chinese speaking instructors. I tried to teach Ming to drive...too stressful, too many arguements !!!!!...it was not worth the angst ...and she passed first try  ;D ;D

Cheers...David