Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128688 times)

Arnold

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2012, 02:43:28 pm »
Thanks Jason!

After dropping Qing off on Friday night, it was hard for me to go to sleep. I was up til about 2:30am just checking her flight on the LIVE flight tracker. Ones she arrived in Seoul, she send me an E-mail that worked wonders on me. Funny, how this reminds you of the Chnlove E-mailling days, but it calmed me just the same.
I checked up on her second flight to Pudong and then.. I was awaiting a Cell phone call from her Parents home, like mentioned she would do. Tired as I was, I could not stay awake long enough to wait for the call coming. I placed my Phone by me Alarm clock and it woke me about 1/4 to 11pm and half asleep I answered. Hearing my LaoPo's voice again was no different from any other ones before we had met in Person. The calming effect it has is undisscribeable to say the least. It was like (after ending the call) taking a sleeping pill, I finally got my 8 hours of rest.. that I so much needed.
She is so happy to see her Son/Family of course, but what is the first thing she ask's me? What would you like me to bring back for you.. my Qin ai de Lao Gong? No wonder, some of us married here.. are just feeling.. how can we ever love them back as much?
So, I guess now I'm over that initial shock from her leaving.. but it brings on the count-down of days ones more. 9 days to go....

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #646 on: May 22, 2012, 05:03:02 am »
When I saw a men accompany his gf/wife in the supermarket or stores ,I always think "god, this man is so patient ,how lucky these girls are !"
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Arnold

« Reply #647 on: May 22, 2012, 05:17:17 am »
Here I am again, 2:30 in the morning.. checking on my Sweetheart's Flight from Pudong to Incheon.. which is "Enroute" right now. I don't know if I get any sleep tonight? Most likely going to check her Flight from there to Los Angeles as well. Maybe I should go to the Airport already, 13 hours early. No better not, People will think I'm crazy.. haha.. maybe I am?
Anyone can follow her Flight on Facebook. :P

http://flightaware.com/life/flight/AAR366  Asiana Airlines #366

http://flightaware.com/life/flight/AAR204  Asiana Airlines #204
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:06:05 am by Arnold »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
Well Arnold they have taken off so now you can rest so you are not late tomorrow [ our time ] , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #649 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:03 am »
Yes you are crazy. Aint it great?  Great story.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »
So it turns out, I am crazy! If my LaoPo says that.. it must be true :-[ .

Anyway, I did arrive at the Airport 3 1/2 hours early.. just in case Security checks me out because of my funny look :-\ . I wanted some sitting time with some Coffee and just People watch and go back on top of the Building to see my LaoPo's plane come in for a landing. Even nowadays, I am still amazed how these hudge things get off the ground and come in at those seeemingly low speeds.. not to fall from the sky. I guess coming in at 200 mph looks slower the bigger the plane is and here in LA they fly very low right over the San Diego Frwy(405) where you can see if it's a Man or Woman driving as you go over them.
So, it happens the Plane was right on time to the minute and I got a shot with my Cell.. will see if I can load that to my PC.
Now the waiting began standing at the reception hall, I also knew I was in for a long wait. LAX's Tom Bradley Building is so old ( under re-construction though ) I think 80% or so coming from overseas go through customs here. After almost 2 hours she finally came around the corner with a big smile as she spotted me. Man, this was almost like the China Trips times.. we hugged and kissed like there was no time later.
Haha.. People here also 'Stare" which the Chinese do so well.

Next time, we all go.. no more of this "you go" and I stay here. I had enough... waiting !!!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #651 on: May 23, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »
Must have been a long two hours Arnold.  I am happy to hear that you are once again reunited with Mrs Arnold.

Arnold

« Reply #652 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:56 pm »
Ohhh.. yes it was! After an hours or so, I told the Lady next to me (also waiting).. "I'll wait 5 more minutes".. then I will go home. Waite a minute, I'm waiting for my Wife.. so I can't do that! haha  she thought that was funny.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #653 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:12 pm »
Arnold...you ar a big softie  ;D ;D ;D...(and its wonderful)

Glad to see you are re-united again.

I am in a quandry at the moment...Ming has been invited by the local Chung Wah School (where she teaches Chinese to English speaking Chinese Children ) to a 4 week training course in Beijing !!!

This course is highly regarded and is sponsored (and ALL paid for by the Chinese Government) and so for her own development and satisfaction, I KNOW she must go and do it.

How I will handle 4weeks + without her, I am not sure....I wont have time to organise a replacement from CHNLove (haha)....so I guess I will be a bachelor again for a while... :'( :'(

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2012, 01:46:40 am »
Arnold...you ar a big softie  ;D ;D ;D...(and its wonderful)

Glad to see you are re-united again.

I am in a quandry at the moment...Ming has been invited by the local Chung Wah School (where she teaches Chinese to English speaking Chinese Children ) to a 4 week training course in Beijing !!!

This course is highly regarded and is sponsored (and ALL paid for by the Chinese Government) and so for her own development and satisfaction, I KNOW she must go and do it.

How I will handle 4weeks + without her, I am not sure....I wont have time to organise a replacement from CHNLove (haha)....so I guess I will be a bachelor again for a while... :'( :'(

Why put yourself through such misery David?  Why not just go with her for a month?  I am sure your business can survive without you for that time.   

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:31 am »
Wow David.. four weeks? I know that 10 days were hard (because we are sooooo spoiled by now), four weeks would (like Willy said) .. make me think of finding a way going too. I can't remember, have you ever been to Beijing.. if not .. it would be quite worth it for you too sightseeing wise.
Then again, four weeks away from Business must be prepared for I'm sure. Anyway, Ming of course should go and take adventage of this opportunity.. especially if someone else pays for it  ;D .
Start hugging your Pillow at night to sleep, it's the closes thing holding your LaoPo  :P ::) .

Arnold

« Reply #656 on: May 24, 2012, 04:26:07 pm »
Here are a couple of Photo's from Qing's Trip to Shanghai/Guangzhou. One can clearly see, she was day-dreaming about me most of the time there.
The last Photo is where we had the Wedding Party at Yu Yuan Garden
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:43:29 pm by Arnold »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #657 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »
Arnold...

You did not tell us that your LP had 4 children (photo 4)  ;D ;D

Yes, we discussed whether or not I should go to Beijing with her.

I have been to Beijing before, so it would not be the sightseeing that prompts me to go...but I would dread 4 weeks in that horrible polluted air.

At the same time, Ming's course is very intensive, 7.30 am to 4.30 pm 6 days and there would likely be evening functions she would have to attend. So for me it would be sitting around doing bugger all for 6 days (and nights !!) and be together with Ming on Sundays, when I am sure that Sunday she would need to rest and sleep and not worry about rushing all over Beijing with me.

So, on balance we decided that I will not go, it is not my Business that keeps me here, but there does not seem much purpose in going to Beijing under the circumstances.

Better that we just get through the 4 weeks and when she gets home we can go somewhere nice for a holiday......she wants to go to the Maldives...because I keep on about how wonderful it is and I keep showing her all the photos and videos (can you tell I want to go back there too !!!!)

Arnold

« Reply #658 on: May 24, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »
Arnold...

You did not tell us that your LP had 4 children (photo 4)   

Hahaha... no no ! Thats her best Friend and her two Kids (wonderful kids I must say) she's married to a Japanese. Qing and her are real KTV buddies and so are the kids all three of them.

Your right about not going, no sense in it.. it will most likely just be like you said. BAck to the Pillow, just find the right size and it will do quite well in an Emergency like this.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #659 on: May 24, 2012, 07:42:26 pm »
Arnold...

Yes, we discussed whether or not I should go to Beijing with her.

I have been to Beijing before, so it would not be the sightseeing that prompts me to go...but I would dread 4 weeks in that horrible polluted air.

At the same time, Ming's course is very intensive, 7.30 am to 4.30 pm 6 days and there would likely be evening functions she would have to attend. So for me it would be sitting around doing bugger all for 6 days (and nights !!) and be together with Ming on Sundays, when I am sure that Sunday she would need to rest and sleep and not worry about rushing all over Beijing with me.

C'mon David, own up - which Cricket matches in Perth match the dates Ming is away. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,