Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128689 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #660 on: May 25, 2012, 02:42:45 am »
Thanks for that Willy.......

I will never speak to you again.....

THAT was MY little secret ..........................( Add 10 smilies here, because they've gone missing from my reply page )

Arnold

« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »
Taught Qings Son how to ride a Bicycle and let me tell you that took only two days. Of course riding in Street is still not on the list of going to places. The Beach will be a test for him... will he or will he not? Run over anybody or something?
Here are a couple of Pict's of 4th July outing...

Arnold

« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »
 :) Tomorrow is our Fourth Anniversary of the Wedding Ceremony in Shanghai. As always, this brings Mind and Pen together to make it somewhat special.. which oc ourse it is  :) :-* .

Here is the outcome...

Time moves on...!

Four (4) years have passed
on a Journey made together
knowing from the start
and without a doubt
this Love will definitely last
only to be found much better.

On our way for a lot more
showing patience and good will
into time plus the future
always loving my Sweetheart
from the top of her skin
to the deepest part of her core.

***Happy Fourth Anniversary***

***Your LaoGong***

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2012, 03:34:50 am »
Happy anniversary and we hope many more to follow, MinYing and John. 

Arnold

« Reply #664 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:32 pm »
We both thank you John&MinYing!

One cherish's every moment and time still flies by us? As life is short, we seek the best.. we find the best.. we now make the best.. of what we have! Otherwise.. your a "Fool" and will always be one.

Arnold

« Reply #665 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »
... a short update on our little Emperor in the Household.

Since Qing's Son (Tianchi) came here to live with us in June this year, we had quite some down right exciting moments. Of course he tried to make Mama his personal Servant, but this hit a wall with both of us right away. Seeing he only gets treated like any other 11 yr. old, he had no choice but to submit to the King&Queen. Now after that was off his list, he started to show harsh signs of non-respect for his Mama. That again landed him on the "Hotseat" with me not far from sending him back home to his Dad. I called him after a Dinner to come back for a serious talk among us three. I told Qing to translate exactly what I had to say to him, how here in America... we treat each-other equally with respect and meant equally! If I ever hear you not listening or yelling at your Mom, you will have to deal with me. This has work wonderful so far, I must say. 15 minutes sitting at the table with a serious look on my Face, has somehow changed him and his way of thinking... that he is an Adult here. He now is behaving like a 11 yr. old and is loved by both of us as such in return.
Now to the School part of things; after 4+ month of Classes (5th) he has received his first Report Card. Qing and I were shocked! A couple "B's"- one "C" and an "A+" in Reading? Of course we thought of this being a printing error or that belongs to another Kid. Wrong! Qing, at a Teachers meeting... found out that he actually is doing very well in reading English (which he has never shown at home, from Books we got from a Library), but also getting along with other Kids very well. They do take him out of Class each day for one Hour for special ESL lessons on a Computer, seems to help a lot. On top of that, we hired a Private Tutor for Sundays with three hour lessons. He is now improving so much, we need to watch what we say in the house... he'll know if we talk about him even not using his name. :o
Anyhow, I think we have the Rough part behind us now... until next year when he's 12 yrs. old!

This I hope will show to anyone with a little Emperor coming to "Rule", not all is lost on arrival.

Arnold

« Reply #666 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:25 am »
  Monday was for us a kick-back day, so I decided... hence we bought a new Stove with a Convection Oven... to try my hand in Baking. On the menu was to be my "First" Cheesecake ever. Surfed the internet for a recipe that catched my Eye and of to the Market for a few items still needed.

Made the Crust (that tested my patience right of the bat), because going up the sides about two inches on the Pan... the Graham/Walnut/Butter mixure did not want to stick in certain spots at first. Have "Elmer's" will bake! haha... I could see my LaoPo now?

The filling was much easier and all went into the pre-heated oven, which was to be baked at 375 deg. (also 350 deg. Convection temp) for about 30 minutes (also Conv. time). Both of us kept looking every 10 minutes or so through the Glass door to see whats happening. When the timw was up, the Cake had risen to double it's height. Open the door and test with a Toothpick, not even near done?? After scratching the few hairs on my head, I put it back for another 15 min., still not done... and another 15 min.? But by now it at least showed some browning on top and after one hour it was finally ready.

Cooling had dropped it back down to half the height again (normal) and it actually looked pretty good. We did not cut into it till yesterday, before going for a visit over to our Neighbor's house for some Coffee. Myself, I think my Aunt makes the best Cheesecake that I ever tasted... this one (my opinion) was quite good. I let Qing be the actual Judge here though. Her reaction was somewhat of a surprise, she look and sounded like... this is the best Cheesecake she ever tasted. Later our Neighbors did likewise enjoy it equally.

Now on to more practice and more daring Baked goods, just have the get the timing straightened out.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:40:39 am by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #667 on: December 27, 2012, 07:53:32 am »
I have also thought of baking... something? I'm not quite sure I have the patience.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #668 on: December 27, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »
I used to love baking in my youth. Wanted to have my own bakery and employ many others. Wanted to make a lot of dough. 

You can say that at that time I always wanted to be a Master Baker! ::)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #669 on: December 28, 2012, 05:41:44 am »
But let me guess Willy nothing came to hand?
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Arnold

« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15:30 am »
You can say that at that time I always wanted to be a Master Baker! ::)

My Uncle (Mom's brother) actually was a Master Baker in the 50's-60's and I still remember going to visit him at work... getting treats/goodies fresh out of the oven. In his seventies now, he still Bakes at home and comes up with the most delicious Cakes and Breads anywhere. After 20+ years, he gave it up (the early rises got to him) and started his own "Used Oil pick-up" company. Figures... working with Butter/Oil's all those years, had to stay in the same field. :)

Arnold

« Reply #671 on: December 28, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »
Christmas Eve at our House!

The "Unusual" Christmas Eve Dinner.  :o ???

Because Qing and I decided this Holiday to stay at home and have a quiet Christmas for a change, we needed to come up with... what will our special Dinner be?

Thinking it over didn't actually take that long. Hence we had bought a "Hot-Pot"(*) heating unit a week ago, along with all the necessary items. Such as, the Broth-base (a Mild and a Spicy one) and whatever we were going to put in there to eat.

At first it sounded of course strange (to me at least) not having a Turkey or a Ham for Christmas. That faded fast though, the minute I saw what all Qing was preparing around this Hot Pot Bowl.

Let me see... I had very thin sliced Tri-Tip Steak ready to go, which was not easy... because Qing wanted it so thin that one could almost look through it. Then came... large Shrimp-Pork Balls-Shrimp Balls-Beef Balls-Fish Balls (good thing "Mine" were safe)- Spinach-Mushrooms-Noodles and to dip it all in before stuffing it down... a special Sauce (a la Shanghaiese) just for this occasion.

When we were done, I must say... this was as good as any Turkey/Ham Dinner (if not better) that I ever had.

(*) Hot-Pot... for those that don't know what that is, I try to explain.

This dish is very common and loved by most People in China and by Westerner's ones they visit China, something they should NOT miss.
It is started by having a large Bowl (which can be "Single" or "Split" for two different Broth's) in the center of your Table. The Broth is heated from below during the whole time your eating and if the Broth ever runs low, will be refilled/topped-off by you or the Restaurant.

Then you Order whatever suits your fancy... Meat/Fish/Vegetables ect... and "You" cook it for yourself til it is to your taste... done. :P ;D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:21:01 pm by Arnold »

Offline shaun

« Reply #672 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:59 pm »
Gee Arnold that is making me hungry and I just ate.  It also makes me lonely.

Arnold

« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »
Did anybody try this Movie on their LaoPo/Wife since being together?

The "Christ" Movie...
A few days ago, one of my best Customer from my work place gave me on loan the DVD of "Christ- The Passion" movie by Mel Gibson.

Over time since my LaoPo is here, I've kind of educate her of my believe as a Catholic. Parts from the Bible itself and from the many Films that were made on the subject of Jesus.

Anyway, hence Qing finds the subject interesting and amazing (like Huell Howser would have said... "That's amazing"), I figured this movie would show and teach her... how and why Jesus Christ ended up on the Cross.

So last night lying in Bed, I played it for both of us. I haven't even seen it yet myself... so I really didn't know what expect. In that I mean, how detailed the last hours of Jesus were being shown. I also tell you, I could not keep an dry Eye if I tried. How I felt for Jesus's pain and his Mother included, I wouldn't even try to imagine such pain/cruelty being handed out to a Human Being from another?

By the time the Movie ended, it was after Midnight already and now my LaoPo say's that she will have trouble falling asleep. All in all, she now knows what the Cross on the Rosary in our Car means and stand for. I, actually felt kind of a relieve... that Jesus had gone through all that for us little "Sinner's" to save our Soul.

Besides, if I look back... I see many blessings/miracles coming my way in my Life. If you believe in the Lord and live by his "Law's", he'll shower you with Wealth (not the Money type) and Health... that only "He" can. I should know, just looking back into my Blog alone has proof of it.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:51 pm »
That is a very graphic film Arnold, both in visual and sound.

Did you watch the original Hebrew version or did you have subtitles?   Did Qing have problems following the dialogue, I certainly did?

Mel Gibson made a great decision when he produced that movie.  It made him more money than all the movies he ever made and starred in when everyone said he would lose everything.

Jesus certainly had one thing in his mind at that time.  He was the only person to have ever died who was 100% definately certain that there is another life. The rest of us can only hope that our beliefs come to fulfilment.  But he knew for sure even though at that time he suffered like others had done previously and since.

Christianity in China is growing rapidly and soon China will have the largest number of  born again Christians in the world.  In the church I attend here we get between 5 - 10 new attendees every week.   

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,