Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 84635 times)

Offline Danny

RE: Religion Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 03:55:10 am »
Quote from: 'Frans B' pid='5127' dateline='1244442497'

The world now has a new manmade god in addition to the other three manmade gods Yahweh, Jesus and Allah.
His name is - Big Pharma -
his angels are: Caldaron, Obama, Brown, UN, WHO, CDC, Dr. Chan, Rumsfeld and others in the pharma business.

I don’t believe in any religion, but I’m wondering whether you don't think it’s pretty rude to talk about the God that the brothers here worship reverently, in that way? It does seem that way to me, and I think that if you’re going to be welcome around here, you should be more careful about what you write. A lot of the people I respect are Christians and Muslims and Jews and I would never speak about their Lord and God in that way.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 07:43:13 am »
I was raised a Catholic and had over the years lost my religion, I had met a wonderful woman and we fell in love, were married, we each have a child from  a previous marriage and now are expecting one as she calls it " of mixed blood ", we just had a very bad scare about the baby and my sweety, my point here is that I found myself at the chaple at the hospital on my knees asking God not to do this to her, she really wants this child as much as I do, about three hours later they found me and told me they were going to keep her for a couple of days to watch her but that she and the baby were doing very well, I beleive I have returned to my God.
By the way, she is a Buddhist and says she doesn't mind, we will need all the help we can get, have I ever told you guys that I really love this woman:icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:45:41 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Frans B

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 07:57:47 am »
As you say Danny: I don’t believe in any religion …

In which case you may have the idea that the three Gods came about by evolution.
Biology developmental process: the natural or artificially induced process by which new and different organisms develop as a result of changes in genetic material.
People that are religious, and have done in-depth study of the subject understand that religions are man-made. Or they leave the in-depth study to the religion’s leader(s) and refer to themselves, like Mike does, as, “Christian” - relating to Christianity: relating to belonging to or maintained by a Christian organization, especially a church.
A person taking offense shows not having in-depth understanding of religion.
Seeing today 8 June 2009 is Thomas Paine’s 200th anniversary allow me to put down what he said:
“I do not believe,” he wrote, “in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.”

As for Big Pharma, they are now a God
Sarkozy’s Secret Plan for Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccination
The French Government is developing secret plans to impose mandatory vaccination of the entire French population, allegedly against possible Swine Flu disease according to reports leaked in a French newspaper. The plan is without precedent and even defies recommended public health advice. Pharmaceutical giants benefit from the move, as the Swine Flu increases the trend to militarization of public health and use of needless population panic to advance the agenda.
Drug giants gearing up
The situation is becoming a golden harvest for the giant pharmaceutical makers as they begin producing possible vaccines as well as so-called antiviral drugs like Tamiflu.
Information from within the World Health Organization in Geneva, the UN organization supposedly monitoring global health dangers, WHO Director-General Margaret Chan plans to declare a Phase 6 Official Pandemic Alert in the coming days. This bizarre act if declared would come at a time that the country which had to date reported far the latest number of suspected H1N1 cases, the USA, has simply arbitrarily stopped reporting new cases.
For Danny’s info.   In Australia for mandatory vacination the government has ordered 10 million doses of a new vaccine being developed by CSL. CSL plans to start producing a new vaccine in the next days that can be used for human testing. A vaccine based on the California strain of the virus is being tested in ferrets.
For you in China. China says that it will have samples of swine flu on hand by June 2009 and plans to start manufacturing a new A/H1N1 vaccine in July 2009.
Many drug makers are using techniques of genetic manipulation to produce their new vaccine offerings in a race to market. The Maryland drug maker Novavax which reported severe annual income losses prior to the current Swine Flu scare, now is preparing a genetically modified vaccine they claim is suitable for H1N1 flu.
Sincerely,
DrFransBRoosPHD
“But writing itself, writing the truth is a privilege and joy.
It is worth any inconvenience, any hardship.” -Andre Vltchek

Offline Danny

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 08:12:49 am »
Quote from: 'Frans B' pid='5141' dateline='1244462267'

A person taking offense shows not having in-depth understanding of religion.

No worries Frans. I may have jumped to conclusions. It just seemed to me you were mocking the beliefs of some of the members here. If that wasn't your intention, my apologies for making the accusation.

shaun

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 01:06:17 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  I understand where you are coming from.  My natural tendency is to talk way too much so my goal was to keep it short.  There was one comment I didn't make but will now.

I am sure this concept is true of all religions but will address Christianity specifically.  It has been my observation over many years that there are 3 types of Christians.  The first type is the person who is looking for a life changing relationship with God.  He/she devotes themselves to reading the bible, praying, and reaching out to others in a non-threatening way.  These people you seldom hear about because they are humble and work in fulfilling the call of God in their life without fanfare.  The second is somewhat like the first  in that they may poses some or all of the relationship aspect with God but rather than being humble and quietly go about doing God's work they can either be quite visible and caring of others or be loud abrasive but well intentioned.  Some may have quite a bit of knowledge while others are in the process of gaining knowledge.  The abrasive ones in general are gaining knowledge can sometimes give Christianity a bad name but as they mature will more than likely be much less abrasive.  The third kind claim Christianity but have absolutely no substance in their life that would be evidence of their claim.  They may go to church every Sunday but on Monday they may cuss, drink, smoke, chase women or men for that matter.  These are the ones that give Christianity a bad name and will more than likely condemn others.  Unfortunately the world quite often groups us all together but believe me there is a difference.

Vince I hope that clears things up a little and in no way was I concerned about what you said.  I just wanted to bring a little clarity to the subject.

You guys are great and informative.  I spent 4 hours reading posts this morning.  Man time flies.  I look forward to talking and sharing with you all.  And please, you do not have to conform to my views or watch how you talk because I am a Christian.   I am a normal guy who likes to do guy things and am looking for a woman that I can fall madly in love with and spend the rest of my life with.  So, what you do or say is between you and God NOT between you and me.

oops it was too long again!!!!!!

Vince G

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 01:33:37 pm »
Shaun as you can tell I don't have a problem expressing myself to anybody. I think this is my forte when talking to most people. :icon_biggrin:
I won't even go into close relationships made with others seeing this in me and talking to me honestly about themselves as well. Men, women, gays, lesbian, black, white, spanish, whoever and I wouldn't trade any of the friendships made for any reason. I don't see myself as a christian, but I believe this is the true christian way. Love everyone, and do onto others....

It is probable to break it down to the three types. It seemed like a good assessment. There is nothing I can do to change everyone on this earth to get along better. It's only been thousands of years of aggression? :s  Whatever brings a person to be peaceful within themselves, I approve of and happy for.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:33:53 pm by Vince G »

Offline Frans B

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:30 am »
Seeing you guys are involving yourself with Chinese ladies bringing you in contact with Buddhism, following is in a nutshell. More detail information runs into many pages which I do not want to take upon me to put in this forum.
Buddhism is not a religion, it has no god or prophet and no heaven or hell, it is a philosophy, the religion is Brahmin.
As with all religions, humans have tampered with it to make it obtain whatever they are after. In Los Angeles, Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvd. there is an expensive looking American monks operated Buddhist Temple where they even sing Psalms. Buddha never got involved in Psalms singing. In Bangkok there is a sect that has a man made mount on its property on which the devotees place Buddha statues bought from the sect, the larger the amount of money the higher the statue is placed on the mount. That is not a Buddha principle. The sect is shunned by the other Buddhists. Buddha in his life strictly forbid his disciples making amulets and statues. In Thailand amulet making is a thriving business with the devotees paying substantive amounts of money for them.
Buddha’s problems were with the Brahman priest not following the Brahman script and using and destroying the environment for their own desires.
To make themselves important in the eyes of the laypeople the Brahmin priest made it difficult for the laypeople to understand their hocus-pocus and follow their commands.
Buddha made things easy for the laypeople.
Buddha started with the Five Precepts, listed here, as generally recognized by most Buddhist, though they’re expressed in a variety of forms. They are not commandments but descriptions of the moral stance that would necessarily be taken by one who is on the path to Awakening.
1.   A follower of the Way does not kill.
2.   A follower of the Way does not take what is not given.
3.   A follower of the Way does not abuse the senses.
4.   A follower of the Way does not speak deceptively.
5.   A follower of the Way does not intoxicate oneself or others.

For the ones desiring a higher level of knowledge i.e. monks there are additional precepts in Buddhism.
Do not lump all Buddhist together.
Theravada is in: Ceylon, Burma, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia (Language: Pali)
Mahayana is traditionally found in China, Japan, and Vietnam (Language: Sanskrit)
Mahayana differs among other from Theravada in its acceptance of the ability of spiritually advanced personalities to directly assist the spiritual enlightenment of others by acts of grace. In contrast, salvation in Theravada is a wholly individual (monks only) attained condition.
Presented with the hope it will help in your dealings with the ladies in China.
Sincerely,
DrFransBRoosPHD
“But writing itself, writing the truth is a privilege and joy.
It is worth any inconvenience, any hardship.” -Andre Vltchek

Arnold

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
I like to post today's Blog of mine here , because of my believe in God showing me the way at all times and this week was no exception .

Saturday, June 13, 2009
Do our Lifes change other People's Lifes ?

I of course must answer this with a big YES .
This is a Photo of my late Wife ( Nancy ) , and being married to this Lady , for almost 30 year's . I have sure learned a lot , not only how to treat a Lady but also how to be a better Man all together . She was actually the first Woman that I ever been Intimate with . So in other word's , whatever I know about Women , I have learned pretty much from Her . I was 24 when we first met and we both were driving a blue '69 VW Beetle at the time . So me being a German Car Technician , I say She had it made ... repair-wise , keeping her car in shape . We also had many things in common , like Qing and Me now . The only thing not in common , was She had seven Children already , when we met . Goes to show how deep Love can go , as it did not matter one bid . Being a great Wife all those year's , she has changed many Life's for the better , not to mention mine .
As I talked about this many times , the Lord and Her send me on the Journey to find my Wife " Qing " after she had passed away . Before she died , she was very worried about me and how I would be able to move on without her , she took care of so many thing around the House and outside the House . Which of course I see now , what all she had been doing , needing to do all myself now .
Feeling her Love , even after she was gone ( Physically ) , I knew she wanted me to be taken care off . This is why , I was send to .. off all places .. halfway around the world again , just as the first time meeting her , from all the way from Germany . So , two Wife's and twice I had to go 8000 miles to find them . Yeah ... it's something , isn't it ?
Anyhow , so now having me changed , now as it happens , she is doing it again . How , you want to know ?
Yesterday at work , I ran into a Lady Customer , which loves to talk your Ear off . But after finding out she has lost her Husband of 40 some year's and he did not leave Her anything to live on , including there House , which the Children took over and moved good ole Mom , into a corner of the House , a little bigger than a Closet . Is that the thanks she get's from being a Wife and Mother for all those year's ? So her car needing a few repair's and which are not cheap ( over $ 1000 ) . As she is scrambling to make a Living , I had not yet taken all my late Wife's clothes to the Goodwill yet . This is where it get's interesting . This Lady is exactly the same size ( 5'2" and about 180 lb. ) as Nancy was in her last year's . Makes me wonder , has the Lord ... make me wait and hold on to those Clothes , because somebody is going to come along who need's them badly ? Of the same size ? Feeling sorry for this Lady , I of course offered to bring all the clothes (ten large bag's ) and that she can go through all of them and see what she likes and the rest I will take to Goodwill . See ... it's me in a way changing this Lady's Life and make it a little more bearable , but the one that really changes her Life is my Nancy , even only being here in Spirit . That not only makes the Lady feel special , but me also . All thanks to my lovely and thoughtful late Wife , that taught me to be that way too .
Now being married to an even more lovely and wonderful Lady , I will surely put my teaching's to work and Love and Respect " Qing " much .. much more .
Love does make the World go around , as hatred only put's on the brakes and does no good at all . So , I actually can not wait till Monday and give this Lady the Clothes to choose from .
God , has shown me the way to Love and I will pass it on .
Posted by Shanghai MiFeng at 2:19 PM
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:05:36 pm by Arnold »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 01:38:18 am »
This has become one of our most liked song in our home, even our daughter Lili wants to learn this on the flute, it is even song in my mother language, Mike MPO you may like this also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYIjFtPQEk

Enjoy, we do.

Arnold

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 11:45:18 am »
That is so beautiful to listen to . I have alway's had the most respect for the American Indian , for what was done to them .
Amazing Grace , was a Song my late Wife wanted to be play'd at her Funeral . So , I went and ordered a Bagpipe Player throughout the Service . People loved it , and I'm sure my late Wife loved it even more .
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:51:21 am by Arnold »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 12:10:11 pm »
Arnold, I hope that this has been a good memory for you my friend, Amazing Grace was song this way at my Fathers grave by a 12 year old tribal member, she had the most beautiful voice, I still remember and tear up at this song, it's a good memory, as is the one of my Grand Father and Father waking every day and saying " This is a good day to die ", I never understood until my Father had passed what it was they meant.

Vince G

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 12:35:14 pm »
When my dad was asked what song he would want at his funeral he said "I'll be seeing you" and so, he got it.

Arnold

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:27 pm »
Quote from: 'Michael L. Maines' pid='5589' dateline='1244995811'

" This is a good day to die "

Funny you bring this up Michael . The Morning of the day my Wife passed away , she knew it was her last day on Earth . I tell you why .
About four year's back , for my Wife's birthday , one of our Neighbor's gave her a necklace with a Cross . She wore this everyday since . That morning , she took it off her neck and handed it to me and told me to give it to my neighbor's Daughter which was 5 at that time , because my Wife alway's concidered the little Girl her adopted child . You see , when the time comes .. they know . She passed away in the Afternoon in my Arms .
Yes Michael they are good memories , but hard to handle most of the time . You know what I mean .

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 10:56:51 pm »
Amen to that brother Mike

Vince G

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »
OK Where to start? If said and it was written into the Bible that only God will be called Father? Then it wouldn't be used anywhere else. In the church or as a father of children. So There is a passage (Old Testament) saying not to call God by his name. BTW God, isn't his name so when followed by damn why do people run for the hills? Does anyone know his name? His real name? They named a city after it in the middle east.

The Bible. Actuate? Depends on your meaning of actuate. Old Testament? Not really. It's more of a guild to. The story of Noah and the ark was a story a 1000 years old before it was put into the bible. And they changed the name, it wasn't Noah.

The finding of the dead sea scrolls showed how close the bible was written to the original writings, But also showed things that were taken out prior to the editing of the Catholic Church. Which brings it back to Father. The Catholic Church wanted domination over the parish and at the beginning you prayed to the father (Priest) and he prayed for you to Jesus and God.

All of this is well documented from findings and research even the Catholic Church bought up some just to keep quiet what they did in the beginning.