Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 84765 times)

Offline shaun

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2011, 12:41:29 pm »
Why these fools continue to predict when the end will come astounds me.  Matthew 24:35-36 say no one will know, only God will.  While he is being a media whore trying to increase the size of this church and income there is a real world out the needing help.  He needs to get off of the stage and go back to helping people.  Of course the news media doesn't help any.  They keep sticking a camera in his face ti generate more profits for their industry.

Actually October 21st is the third time.  I stopped listening the first time he preached heresy.  Basically by making the prediction he is saying he is God because the bible says only God will know.  Dangerous territory for a believer to be in.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2011, 02:52:35 pm »
OH No.....Oct. 21st...bloody hell. :(......3 days after I'm 21 again....  :o :o ???

3rd time lucky????
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:54:27 pm by Scottish_Robbie »
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »
Rob, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  I wouldn't even include it on my lotto numbers except if you could used all of them. You know kind of reverse luck.  :o   An inverted rabbits foot if you will.

The only thing this guy has going for him is his strike out record and the 80 million his church is worth.  If I were him I'd keep my mouth shut so that it doesn't become worth 40 million over night.  As goofy as some of these heretics can be there could be a church split over this.  Gotta say it again.  Matthew 24:36.  ;D

And just in case one might wonder.  I am still a deeply committed Christian.    Just don't have much sympathy for bone headed heretics.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:49:02 pm by shaun »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »
Far as I'm concerned, I hope this "rapture" thing happens as predicted.....the Planet will loose over 3 billion people, These loonies will be leaving it all behind to go to some other Paradise and make trouble there...not here !!!!.

This will be good news for those of us who dont go...end of pollution, population explosion, food crisis, global warming, traffic conjestion, carbon footprint...the lot !!!

Could be a much better place to live in........

David

ps...and little choir boys will be safe at last  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:38:41 pm by David E »

Offline shaun

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »
Then again David with all of us troublemakers gone who will take over?  My momma always told me you better be  careful what you ask for.

Hope you realize this is all in fun.  ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:43 am »
Shaun

Whoever takes over when all of you are out there somewhere else....they cant do much worse that the current lot !!! Likely the Chinese will be in charge ???...I will be OK...I have a Chinese wife  ;D ;D...I'll be one of the family. And if you stayed behind (sorry but I cant see that....you would need to turn into a bas***d like me).... you would be OK too  ;D ;D

Yep...it's all a lot of fun...except for the Loonies who believe every word...regardless of history and logic and commonsense

Cheers...David

Vince G

« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
Reminds me of something Homer Simpson said... Don't worry, by the time he's old enough we will be ruling the world. ah, we're China right?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2011, 10:19:32 am »
Peace on Earth, goodwill to ALL  men...
What is the world coming to whenb this happens??? ???

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rival-clerics-brawl-jesus-birthplace-130200368.html
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2011, 11:58:20 am »
Rob,

This is a long story.  I'll try to do a short version of it.

At every, considered to be, sacred Christian site in Israel there are generally 2 churches.  The Roman Catholic and the Greek Orthodox church.  In this spot there are 3 with the Armenian Apostolic Christians.  All share the same building.

News media like to make it a religious war but it is more of a ethnic or people group war.  You will notice that they do not say "Roman" or "Greek."  Why?  Because that gives away what it is about.  Roman Catholics are a mixture group of people but I understand that it is mostly Palestinian.  The Greek Orthodox are of course Greeks.

They fight for control of the site all of the time.  Has been that way since the beginning.  I've seen them spit at each other.  I've seen a funeral procession have to wait outside for over an hour because there was, from what I understand, an impromptu service with maybe 10 people in attendance.  They continually do things to harass each other.

But don't ever think it is an issue of religion.  They beliefs are almost exactly the same.  They just don't follow them very well.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:04:11 pm by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2011, 02:05:53 pm »
Rob,

But don't ever think it is an issue of religion. 

We are political creatures, and Rob, as Shaun is quoted, sometimes politics trumps religion.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David S

« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »
I found this link and thought some might enjoy reading it.

http://www.bibleprobe.com/chinese.htm

This is a review on the article that makes some good points.

http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Genesis-Truths-Chinese-Language/product-reviews/0570037921/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Vince G

« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2011, 06:26:07 pm »
It's a crock

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2011, 11:50:34 pm »
Peace on Earth, goodwill to ALL  men...
What is the world coming to whenb this happens??? ???

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rival-clerics-brawl-jesus-birthplace-130200368.html
The problems in Israel are mainly caused by the Orthodox Jews who want to turn Isreal into a place were the orthodox Jewish laws to take precedence.  It is much the same as certain Muslim sects want to have full control of a country and impose Sharia law.

Much the same as the fundenThe orthodox Jews want women to be second class citizens and they cause a great deal of trouble in Israel by abusing and physically attacking women that are not fully submissive to their rules.

You get grown men in all the normal orthodox attire spitting on 8 year old girls who they consider are not dressed to their rigid rules.

There are just too many fundemental groups of all religious persuasions that cause many of the problems in this world.

It seems like the louder you shout the more attention you get when really the quieter ones need the most help.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:15 pm »
Well   ;D   makes sense doesn't it

Offline shaun

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2012, 05:20:10 am »
Mike, Amen!