Author Topic: General Questions  (Read 7369 times)

Offline mustfocus

RE: General Questions
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »
Hi Dave,

Yes and no.  The problem is the classification of do you drink.  Your definition of occasional might not match her definition.  Sometimes the question is put to them as "Do you mind if your hubby drinks"... I've found that happens as well.

Many do not drink, but I would assume they drink a little (everyone has to gambei / yam seng once in a while) .  If they don't, so much the better.  Just ask her...if they say regularly, then it might be an issue.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 07:10:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I was not sure if they all just said no because it would supposedly increase their chances of getting a husband. There are always the times that you want to have a glass of wine with your girlfriend/wife during dinner. Especially a romantic dinner.

Dave
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

David5o

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2010, 07:24:12 pm »
Dave,

Many will sip at a small glass of wine at a dinner, but few will drink wine as you are used too with Western women. Most would not mind a bit if they never drunk another glass of wine or beer or any other form of alcohol.
That doesn't bother me a bit, as i'm not much of a drinker either, which Lucy is very pleased about!! ...haha!!

You will find that most of these ladies Ex's were piss heads, that drunk more than they could tolerate, (and that is normally quite low for Asians by Western standards), and most were either nasty or violent under the influence.... So it's no-wonder that Chinese ladies are not keen on anything to do with alcohol!!

David....

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2010, 07:56:12 pm »
Truth be told, I usually have milk with dinner. I don't drink much. When I'm out celebrating though, I will have a few. That happens maybe twice per year. I do like a cold beer once in a while on a hot day. I would rather have Coke most times though. When I have too much, maybe once every ten years, I'm a happy guy. Everything strikes me as funny. I was just wondering about this. With my sister in France it is hard to resist sampling some of the local excellent wines. I just think it would be nice to be doing this with her too. Not an everyday thing. It was on my mind, thats all.

Like I said in an earlier post someplace here, I usually tend to ask lots of questions. I was told years ago, the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

ttwjr32

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2010, 08:52:28 pm »
Bee  i really officially quit drinking like i used to. i used to have a beer or two
everyday hence the beer belly  hahaha but the last 2 years i might have a beer or two
every 6 months. when i first got here Siying used to bring a beer home once in a while
when she walked home from work as GZ gets very hot. she would say i know you would like
to enjoy one on a very hot day so we would sit on the balcony chatting and a couple of times
she would take a sip. but as David said most of their husbands were really bad drinkers so for
the most part they dont drink at all.

i also miss my glass of milk with my dinner. milk is not a very good commodity to buy in china
as you cant find the fresh milk except in a few places. i did find 1 supermarket that sells it
a quart costs me 17 rmb when i buy it.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 07:27:48 am »
I guess I'm going to be in trouble then. Milk is my one vice. I buy 16 litres every 4 days for my daughters and myself. That would be about 28 litres a week. A litre is about a quart. At 17 RMB per quart, 476 RMB per week. The girls and I will have to find something else to drink. :sI guess that I'll have to stick to Coke. Ahhhh, the sugar rush.... what to do with all that energy? :icon_cheesygrin: Last x-ray I had all the doctor could say was "excellent bone structure". :icon_biggrin:

Dave C
I found out what I did with reguards to QQ to make my computer freeze. It is when I try to translate the QQ web page. It says that IE has to shut down due to some malware? I havn't had a problem translating other chinese web pages. Any thoughts?

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:58:15 am by Bee964 »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 11:34:35 am »
Here is another question that I have thought of for some time. Can the ladies see our credit history? or credit totals? I would think that if they could and they are reasonably, oh lets say alert, they could figure out pretty quickly that you are only writing them or writing to several. Or could the translator see these totals or maybe even see how many you are writing to? They have to see that you have credits to charge you to write you back don't they? Can the translators bring up the whole history and then pass along the information to the lady? Or maybe note that last time you had, say 25 credits, and this time you have 17 credits but they are translating to the lady that you are only writing them. I would think that the translator would pass this information on to the lady. I mean that everybody always talks about a plan B so they write to several ladies. Just something that crossed my mind a couple times and was just reminded about it just now so I thought I would ask.

Dave C

David5o

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »
Dave C,

No, ...not even the agencies can see your credit level now (they used to be able to)
So your Plan B is quite safe ...hahaha!!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 12:49:18 pm »
thats good to know for everyone on there

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 01:42:16 pm »
I believe, but cannot verify. That the agencies can tell if you have any credits left or not.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 01:53:27 pm »
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='30872' dateline='1265654536'

I believe, but cannot verify. That the agencies can tell if you have any credits left or not.

I think that they may be able to tell that you have credits, just not the exact number. Thats what I was assuming from David5os' post.

Dave C

David5o

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 02:16:08 pm »
Chnlove took away the agencies facility to see there clients credit level. Now the agency can see ''nothing''.... They were using that facility to target men with big or larger credit levels!!
Now only chnlove and yourself knows your credit level....

David....

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 02:25:08 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='30883' dateline='1265656568'

Chnlove took away the agencies facility to see there clients credit level. Now the agency can see ''nothing''.... They were using that facility to target men with big or larger credit levels!!
Now only chnlove and yourself knows your credit level....

David....

I was just saying that the agency could tell that there were credits there to write a letter not the amount of credits, right? They would not translate a letter and then send it and have it returned to find out there is no credits left. But it is still good to know that they could not see how many credits are left. I could see how it would be a draw to target individuals with large credit accounts. Good thing they stopped it then.

Dave C

David5o

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 02:34:08 pm »
No Dave, ....they would translate the reply to a letter you sent a Lady as a matter of course, knowing it would be pointless you writing a lady, and not be in a position to accept the reply from her. The reply would sit in your inbox, until you open it..... only then is a credit deducted from your account.....

David....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:34:36 pm by David5o »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »
Ah, ok I understand the process now. Sorry about that. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:51:59 pm by Bee964 »