Author Topic: Just a Rant  (Read 8315 times)

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
Just a Rant
« on: February 12, 2010, 03:36:26 pm »
After six years full of many failed relationships I am seriously questioning everything in my life.  I look myself in the mirror every morning asking myself what I am doing wrong.  I know I have my flaws but who doesn't right?  I am hard working, caring, fun loving, patient and after six years of being beaten down my heart is still wide open.  I know there is a wonderful woman out there for me.  
     Can I continue on this path?  Is this the correct path for me?  Right now it is just to much to think about and I am tired.  But every night I get on chn and wonder if the girl I have been looking for all my life is there.  But I am afraid to pull the trigger, i can't bring myself to contact any of those ladies.  I still receive 5 admiration letters daily, but honestly are any of them sincere?  When I get letters that say to many nice things about me, or tell me they have many sexy photos for me to see.  I do not think those girls are sincere, but I do not know that for sure.  I used to be a risk taker, but you know once bitten twice shy.  Also I am not one of those guys who wants to meet two or three women.  I just feel you talk to, too many you never build a stable bond with just one girl.  It is weak bonds with many girls.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

ttwjr32

RE: Just a Rant
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45:53 pm »
Josh,

i wouldnt give up. as far as the girls who say nice things or want to send sexy pics,well that is
the translator trying to sell the girl. i would back off the ones who want to send sexy pics, to
shallow and unsincere i think. have you tried CLL?? thats were i met my lady and a few good freinds
whom i still talk to. this translator thing to me is just pure garbage that leaves us open for failure.
even after you send emf's for 3,4,5, or six months and start to chat with the lady on web cam and qq
or messenger, the language issue is still there. she didnot learn to speak english during that time to be
able to chat with you. and is probably going to learn more after she gets with a man to marry. and writing several
i think your right that the bond isnt as strong with any of them. the turning point came for me when after
several requests for email and chatting with a lady, which was ignored i recieved a letter stating that the
lady would like to talk with you but her english is to poor/ so i wrote back stating that this issue will always
be there until i learn chinese and she learns english and i want to do this now as i have wasted time writing
this way and some of the letters dont even address the last one or what was said in the last one. i then kindly
recieved a letter wishing me the best which led me to believe it was a phantom lady. i then met and chatted with
several ladies on CLL until i found my lady and its amazing how willing they are to try and chat with you on web cam
even with their english only so so. and the kicker was i did talk to 1 lady who was on chnl and she didnt even know
who i was even though we sent 3 emf's back and forth. so i guess just try a different avenue but dont give up:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 05:53:45 pm »
Josh, I can say allot on this subject. Been there done that more then once, twice? alright a dozen times or more. Be who you are. the right match will come along when the time is right. Don't settle until you find what you want. The women you are contacting are young and think that being sexual is the way go get someone. These are young women that haven't thought it through, immature. Finding that diamond isn't going to be easy and it takes patience. So don't throw this on yourself as a flaw. Enjoy the ride, when it's right you'll know it.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »
Josh,

After having a few things go bad on chn I reevaluated.  I moved over to blossoms.com simply to get away from the translators.  You will find them on blossoms but are easy to figure out.  After searching for a few months and talking with several women I found the one I am looking for.  There are women there who are not involved with an agency.

If you choose to go this route PM me and I will give you several hints on how to cut through and find the gems.

Just a thought,

Shaun

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »
Jo-Ma , Vince has it right . Don't throw all the blame on yourself there . This is not a good way to start things out and your next Lady will see this as a negative coming from you . You must have some kind of trust in these Women on CHN and the Translator , or it is never going to work to your adventage . What is very important for you to do , is get your Lady's address to send her a Card of some kind ( for whatever occation ) and have her do the same for you . Seeing something personal from her will show you she is real and is willing to move on and is trusting you , so all you do is continue this route and the rest will fall into place for you . Get the Webcam thing going , private or through the Agency . Now , to help you along easier ... find someone with some kind of English skill and/or a Computer . Do not take any excuses from anybody . Do this within the first ... say six weeks of writing and you should be on your way , to a hopefully great relationship .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »
The authentic Japanese sword is made from a combinations of hard, high carbon steel and tough, low carbon steel. There are advantages and setbacks to both types of steel. High-carbon steel is harder and able to hold a sharper edge than low-carbon steel but it is more brittle and may break in combat. Having a small amount of carbon will allow the steel to be more malleable, making it able to absorb impacts without breaking but becoming blunt in the process. The block of combined steel is heated and hammered over a period of several days, and then it is folded and hammered to squeeze the impurities out. Generally a katana is folded no more than sixteen times.

After the blade is forged it is then sent to be polished. The polishing takes between one and three weeks. The polisher uses finer and finer grains of polishing stones until the blade has a mirror finish in a process called glazing. This makes the blade extremely sharp and reduces drag making it easier with which to cut.

So Jo-Ma 6 years spent in creating your warrior spirit might still not be enough. Patience - soon your time will come. We are all forged in the fires of fate, tempered upon the anvil of life. What you see as 6 years of struggle I see as 6 years of experience. Embrace your hardship as it will only make you stronger. You of course should know this, after all, the weight of iron has been pressed above your chest.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:56:45 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline ssetho

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:49:31 pm »
Hey Josh, if you are interested, check out www.mychinalove.net. I met my lovely wife there. They don't have a lot of women to choose from but they are all looking for a real relationship. Like Arnold says, most important, get the webcam going asap and I am sure you will find your special someone, it's only a matter of time.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »
Joma...Sent you a PM mate...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:09 pm »
I am sorry guys, I don't think I explained myself well enough.  My rant was more about mending a broken heart, and finding the strength within myself to push forward.
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='31531' dateline='1266025721'

So Jo-Ma 6 years spent in creating your warrior spirit might still not be enough. Patience - soon your time will come. We are all forged in the fires of fate, tempered upon the anvil of life. What you see as 6 years of struggle I see as 6 years of experience. Embrace your hardship as it will only make you stronger. You of course should know this, after all, the weight of iron has been pressed above your chest.

Thanks Rhonald I think that was kinda what I needed to hear.  Yes, maybe the experience now it is time to find a new experience.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:05:00 pm by Josh Markley »
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline David S

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 02:31:19 am »
Quote from: 'Josh Markley' pid='31537' dateline='1266029289'

I am sorry guys, I don't think I explained myself well enough.  My rant was more about mending a broken heart, and finding the strength within myself to push forward.

As one who's had his heart broken many times I can relate to the feelings.  The truth of the matter is that when I was going through it, no amount of well meaning words made me feel better.  It's just one of those things you have to work through on your own.  The good side is that even when you want a shoulder to cry on, we are here for you.  Feel free to rant and vent.  I think that is one of the strengths of the brotherhood.  We can feel free to let our hair down as it were.  

When you get to the point where you are able to consider getting back into the game and find the next, and hopefully right girl I have found these words to be comforting; "In order to win the great reward, you must be willing to take a great risk."

I hope when the time is right that you find those words comforting and you move forward with confidence and strength.

David

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 10:51:36 am »
Well brothers after much thought and and three trips to the gym, I decided I am not emotionally unavailable.  I think I am capable of start a meaningful and last relationship now.  So when I return home from the gym last night, I wrote two girls.  I was not expecting a reply at all during the holiday but received one.  I am not going to jump to any conclusions but check these letters.

Letter #1

hello . This is ***** who write to you in China . happy to know you from so many people , maybe It is a good start !
I am a kind, loyal, active and lovely girl. i am living with my mother , my parents divorced , I am the only child of them , my parents unhappy marriage hurt me deeply , so i am serious with my feeling , i should consider well before i choose someone to marry . I am still an university student , i learn Indoor design , will be a desinger! one year later i will graduate ! ***** is my English name , I knew that is synonym for wisdom, so gave myself that name ! My Chinese given name is J**** , family name is wang !
I am living in the middle of China, wuhan , it is a big city. It is famous for lakes ! I like travelling, history, literature and culture.
Are you my Mr.Right ? Do you want to have a try ?
Now it is your turn to tell me more about you . If you are intrested in me and be sincere enough , contact with me anytime ! will you like to tell me your email address ?
send you my regards !

Letter #2

Have a good day!
Happy to get your reply before Spring festival and Valentine's Day : )
Your wonderful letter brightened my day, thank you very much for writing and sharing me your pictures !
I have got your private email address .

I like to communicate with you continue and see what will happen! I am sorry to know your parents divorced too , You have known something about me , I like to tell you more , I am living with my mother , I am the only child of my parents .I am living in the middle of China, Wuhan , it is a big city, It has a population of approximately 9,100,000 people. , it is a city where has four seasons , but spring and autumn are very short, summer and winter are very long , the main food here is rice ! I will try to send you some pictures of my city soon.

I learn indoor design , and will graduate soon. I like my major , I hope I will find a good job after graduation . I like pop music! My name Jiaoqin means soft and polite, Sophie is my English name. Most of friends call me Jiaoqin.I like to get together with my friends and sing Karaoke in spare time .
I hope we can be friends first, and then develop relationship step by step, ok?

Are you looking for a wife or just friend?
Are you romantic?
Send my greeting to all of your family members!
Happy Valentine's Day ,Happy everyday !

Wuhan Oriental Love Consulting Company  P509
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:42 am »
Great way to start your search. :dodgy:

Wonder if it is the same translator...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 11:25:23 am »
Yes pressing Iron above your chest gives the mind to ponder. It also strenthens the heart in more ways then one. I also find physical exercise meditative as it also allows inner strength to grow.

I remember reading once that if you fear something, then you need to turn and face it to understand the hold it has on you. I am glad that you have accepted the challenge that the doubt of one's selfworth had weakend your spirit with.

Now hammer out a few more reps with barbell and pen to sharpen your warrior wit :fi_lone_ranger:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline jeffm

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 12:44:53 pm »
Quote from: 'Josh Markley' pid='31500' dateline='1266006986'
After six years full of many failed relationships I am seriously questioning everything in my life.  I look myself in the mirror every morning asking myself what I am doing wrong.  I know I have my flaws but who doesn't right?  I am hard working, caring, fun loving, patient and after six years of being beaten down my heart is still wide open.  I know there is a wonderful woman out there for me.  
     Can I continue on this path?  Is this the correct path for me?  Right now it is just to much to think about and I am tired.  But every night I get on chn and wonder if the girl I have been looking for all my life is there.  But I am afraid to pull the trigger, i can't bring myself to contact any of those ladies.  I still receive 5 admiration letters daily, but honestly are any of them sincere?  When I get letters that say to many nice things about me, or tell me they have many sexy photos for me to see.  I do not think those girls are sincere, but I do not know that for sure.  I used to be a risk taker, but you know once bitten twice shy.  Also I am not one of those guys who wants to meet two or three women.  I just feel you talk to, too many you never build a stable bond with just one girl.  It is weak bonds with many girls.

I don't know how old you are, but you look young still.  I wish the light bulb would have gone on when I was your age....  You are doing the right thing looking for a woman in China.  You will find no better women than these.  They have big hearts with looks and age farther down  the list compared to just wanting to be loved which is high on their list.  I used to be like you on meeting one woman at a time.  I had to go against my natural way of doing that.  I didn't like it, but I also didn't like starting all over again.  I took a chance and went against that theory last year and got burned and I will say that it was mostly my fault.  In those days I had my brain wrapped around my culture and applied it to my girl and that is exactly how I lost her.  Our culture of women and how they do things does not apply with these women.  Now I know that, but I still put myself in a position where I am starting all over again.  It's been 7 months.  I am not so quick to get my heart ripped to pieces, so I am being more cautious and patient this time around. I am meeting many and if nothing else making many friends that are valuable.  Keep talking to the guys here on how to wade through chnlove as efficiently as possible. I mean that in a financial way and an emotional way.

By the way what happened to that girl from the pictures you posted on Feb 10th?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:47:18 pm by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »
Quote from: 'jeffm' pid='31586' dateline='1266083093'

I don't know how old you are, but you look young still.  I wish the light bulb would have gone on when I was your age....  You are doing the right thing looking for a woman in China.  You will find no better women than these.  They have big hearts with looks and age farther down  the list compared to just wanting to be loved which is high on their list.  I used to be like you on meeting one woman at a time.  I had to go against my natural way of doing that.  I didn't like it, but I also didn't like starting all over again.  I took a chance and went against that theory last year and got burned and I will say that it was mostly my fault.  In those days I had my brain wrapped around my culture and applied it to my girl and that is exactly how I lost her.  Our culture of women and how they do things does not apply with these women.  Now I know that, but I still put myself in a position where I am starting all over again.  It's been 7 months.  I am not so quick to get my heart ripped to pieces, so I am being more cautious and patient this time around. I am meeting many and if nothing else making many friends that are valuable.  Keep talking to the guys here on how to wade through chnlove as efficiently as possible. I mean that in a financial way and an emotional way.

By the way what happened to that girl from the pictures you posted on Feb 10th?

I am 30, and I have actually been on chnlove since I was 25.  The girls in the photos are my ex Xu Le.  I spent a couple weeks in Beijing and Baoding with her and her family.  It was a really nice trip.  I learned a lot about her and her family.  Most of good some of it bad.  I tried really hard not to press my culture On Xu Le and when something was going on I asked the brotherhood what they.  It was kinda easy for use culturally to co exist we were both hungry to know more about the culture and understand each other by doing so.  The thing that lead to our break up was money.  I don't think she was greedy by any means.  But she kinda had a timeline when she wanted something done.  One mistake I made was agreeing to let her stay home and I would send a monthly allowance.  I work construction, and at the time i wasnt working much at all so it was hard to send what I promised each week.  This in turn caused her to fear I was unstable, she knew i wasnt rich she just wanted stability.  So we split up.  Well Jeffm just keep your mind open, these women are special and can teach us so much if we are willing to learn.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630