Author Topic: SPORTS !!!  (Read 51178 times)

Arnold

SPORTS !!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:15 pm »
The World Cup a couple of days away and nobody said one Word ???

This thread is for the Sports Fans . May it be ...

Soccer
Ice Hockey
Football
Basketball
Baseball
Tennis
Nascar
... or whatever ones favorite is ,  let's hear it .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:32:05 am by Arnold »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: SPORTS !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:49:15 pm »
How about......

F1
In NASCAR the Michigan race is this weekend. Tony Stewart said he was going to liven things up for the next few races.

In Hockey game 6 of the finals was tonight. I did not watch it. (No tv and didn't want to go to a sports bar to watch it) Anybody see the game?  :o  Just got the text, Chicago won the cup!

Now, the world cup... thats soccer right?,... no football right?...  :o ??? :o

Dave C
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:16:35 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:21 pm »
I wasn't going to mention the World Cup... :-X :( :(

However seeing as sport has been mentioned, I would like to offer Eng+*&^ all the best on their holidays.

Our neighbours down South deserve to have our backing...Come on Engl*&^.....I for one want to see them get to at least the Semi-Finals...Then THOROUGHLY enjoy seeing them getting cuffed in the PENALTY shootout .....AGAIN...

HAHA.... ;D ;D ;D

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 12:19:31 am »
Critic's give England a fair chance to make it to the last four . Of course Brazil is the one everybody talks about . I myself think , Brazil will not get further then the Semi's this time . They showed weakness last time and looks they did not improof much this time around .
I of course like Germany , but for them to reach the semi's is a accomplishment ( new team and the youngest in many years ) .
My money would be on Argentina .                                                                                                           
As for the Nascar race , I'm a full-blooded Jeff Gorden Fan . yeah 24 !

Ice Hockey , I am sooo glad Chicago won ... I hate the Flyer's with a passion , ever since Dave Brown put that hit on Tomas Sandstrom way back in the 80's . Almost killed the Guy with his stick in the Face .

Basketball , I don't give a Hoot . Go Boston !!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:16:03 pm by Arnold »

Offline Chong

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:27:51 am »
Dave C ... that's pretty cool how you did the "F1" racing across the screen.

I have missed all Stanley Cup games here in China, just watching the replays on Internet sports channels.

As for the World Cup, it'll be shown on CCTV 9 everyday.

I hope Holland wins as they haven't won before. Realistically, I think Brazil, Argentina or Spain will win ... not that I follow soccer at all. I think it's a boring sport but I know that lots of strategy & stamina are involved in the game.

Last week, China's women's table tennis team lost in the finals against Singapore. The # 1 rank player in the world, Liu S W lost twice. The men's team won against Germany but their # 1 guy, Ma Lin lost a match against Timo Bell of Germany whose's the # 3 player in the world.

Other countries are catching up in table tennis against China the same way that other countries caught up to Canada in hockey.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:33:31 am »
World Cup, I will watch a few match ups.  Of course I am interested if the U.S. will come out and play as if they want to be there. 

NBA Playoffs are going on now.  My beloved Celtics are down 2-1 to the Lakers.  The last game would have been one if Ray Allen would have just made two buckets.  A day after he broke a playoff record 8 threes in a game.  Go Celtics.

MLB- Well the Kansas City Royals suck and our Cy Young award winning pitcher lossed his brains.  Hello last place again. 

NFL- Chiefs have a Monday night football game, and the opening of the new Arrowhead

What I am excited about this weekend though is the Scottish Highland games and bagpipe competition.  Nothing I like more than listen to bagpipes.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:37:31 am »
What I am excited about this weekend though is the Scottish Highland games and bagpipe competition.  Nothing I like more than listen to bagpipes.

Is this for real ? I love Bagpipe's and finally found somebody who does too .  :D

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:39:38 am »
Come on guys, everyone knows that Australia has more world champions in any sport than any other country.

I would like to see the Aussies give it to the Germans in their opening world cup game.....then onto Italy in the finals and get one back for the biggest swan dive in all of world cup history that cost Australia the game.  Well then Italy did go on to win the world cup, just what could have been....just another trophy in the all ready too full cabinet......

Using kangaroos and koalas as shields against the rebuttal.......
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:11 am »
I watched that game Jason , they got robbed for sure . I would not have been proud winning like this . If the Aussie's can get a couple early , Germany will fall apart with too many young inexperienced player's .

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 12:46:56 am »
Yeah I love bagpipes so much I have them tattoed on my leg.  I tried to play them when I was in high school but I never had enough wind with my asthma and all.

麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:18 am »
Play them...Play them...You wanna try catching the f..,,,s....hahaha ;D ;D

Go on the Yanks in the opener...lol

My tip for the cup is SPAIN

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:02 am »
I think Scotland will win the World Cup - not this world cup, or the next, or the next or the next but maybe the next - but am I talking out of my bagpipes?
Well Rob - miracles do happen!!!!

And no talk of SOCCER! 

We the purist call it football. 
Not that Nancy game where they stop every two minutes and get the team to cuddle on the pitch.

The World Cup will be World wide and is the result of matches played by every national team in the World.   (Unlike the World Series of Baseball - Now how many countries compete in that?)

My favourite Indi car driver - Dario Francitti -  From Scotland of course.  A minor part of the UK.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline seagull

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:22 am »
I'm looking forward to the South Africa vs Mexico opener and especially England vs USA. Will be getting up at 2:30 am to watch this and struggling into work on Monday, but hopefully it will be worth it. Come on England.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 12:04:39 pm »
Well to start off, congratulations to the Chicago Black Hawks for winning the Stanley Cup! You Toronto Maple Leaf fans can take heart now, it can be done! Hahaha.  ;D I am a Detroit Red Wing Fan myself.

Chong,
You gotta play with the buttons above the box for writing your posts. Click on the moving "M" with the arrow button. It makes the text or smiles or whatever you put between the bracketed move march across the post.

I am a Jimmy Johnson fan myself Arnold. Jeff is half owner of that team so I guess that makes me a Gordon fan too. I used to race a stock car here at the local track back in the 1970's. That was a lot of fun! No, I never won a race. Only raced 11 races but had a blast doing it. Best finish was 18th.

Our paper is picking Spain for the world cup favorite. I do not follow soccer, sorry Willy, football enough to know who has a good chance. I will be watching though. The games they pick to watch are South Africa vs Mexico june 11, England vs USA june 12, Italy vs Paraguay june 14, Ivory Coast vs Portugal june 15 and Brazil vs Portugal june 25. I will be trying to watch these games.  8)

That is all for now.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:26 pm »
Hup Holland Hup
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances