Author Topic: SPORTS !!!  (Read 51182 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: SPORTS !!!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 01:22:35 pm »
I see there is going to be a bunch of marching posts now! Hahahaha!!
8) :o 8)
Dave C
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:25:26 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Philip

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »
Yes, football, or fussball, or le foot, or futbol is the beautiful game. The World Cup starts tomorrow, which is one of the few genuinely global games. England have a very good manager, who may make the difference this time, even if it goes to the dreaded penalties again. My English half would like to see them avoid their customary underachievement. My French side would like to forget that they cheated their way into the finals, and hope they don't embarass themselves. I would like to see those underachievers, Holland or Spain, win. Holland, especially have come heartbreakingly close twice before, when they played the beautiful game at its best.
It's a fact that since the World Cup began in 1930, one of the big 4 of Brazil, Germany, Italy and Argentina has been in every final. It would be nice to hope for a final between two teams outside that cartel.
Football (for this is indeed the name of the game) has given me more drama, joy, heartbreak, exhilaration, and appreciation of the grace and artistry than any TV programme or film. As the late, great Bill Shankly said, "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that"
 Ha ha!

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:31:47 am »
And yes, Arnold, Josh, I like bag pipes too. I just love hearing them play. No tatoo though. ;D

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:51:29 am »
Come on guys, everyone knows that Australia has more world champions in any sport than any other country.

I would like to see the Aussies give it to the Germans in their opening world cup game.....then onto Italy in the finals and get one back for the biggest swan dive in all of world cup history that cost Australia the game.  Well then Italy did go on to win the world cup, just what could have been....just another trophy in the all ready too full cabinet......

Using kangaroos and koalas as shields against the rebuttal.......

You Aussie's always did have vivid overactive imaginations.    8) 8) ;D 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:24 pm »
South Africa blew it . Could have won this Game 3-1 easy . Last two minutes , Guy hit's the Post all alone in front of the Goal , two point's wasted .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:35 pm »
south African goal was brilliant...If this was Brazil it would be talked about as such... :)

Offline seagull

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »
South Africa blew it . Could have won this Game 3-1 easy . Last two minutes , Guy hit's the Post all alone in front of the Goal , two point's wasted .

I'd say it was a fair result, Mexico dominated the first half and could just have easily have won it if they capitalised.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »

You Aussie's always did have vivid overactive imaginations.    8) 8) ;D 

Willy
[/quote]

Well it works sometimes, just not anything lately, seems we can't take a trick, I mean the men anyway, the woman at least one their world cup in cricket........men lost to poms OMG the shame.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline seagull

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »
I got up at 2:30 am to watch England vs USA. If not for Rob Green's howler, this would have been a comfortable win for England. However, it would also have papered over some of the cracks in the England team so maybe a draw is the best result in the long run. I just pray to God that Jamie Carragher does not play again in central defence. He is a massive liability and will be exposed against better teams. Just gotta hope for a 0-0 draw between Algeria and Slovenia tonight so it leaves England (and the US) in the driving seat.

Arnold

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 04:43:01 pm »
Ole , ole ole ... nice start for Germany . The front line is running on all Cylinder's , but the back four need to tighten up some more .. then all will be in place to go where the Germans uaually wind up .. in the Final .
ah ree .. ah ree .. ah re boom ba Alemania Alemania ra ra ra !!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 06:59:47 pm »
Ole , ole ole ... nice start for Germany . The front line is running on all Cylinder's , but the back four need to tighten up some more .. then all will be in place to go where the Germans uaually wind up .. in the Final .

The German mentality start the moment they pull that jumper on.  They have pride in playing for their country.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »
Impressive German win tonight, they are going to be no pushovers at all.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 08:22:31 pm »

The German mentality start the moment they pull that jumper on.  They have pride in playing for their country.
They sure do Rob. The jumpers are made in CHINA.  ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:06 am »
OMG back to the drawing board.  :'(  Now every game for us is like the final.  Tim Cahill did not deserve to be sent off!!!
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline seagull

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 04:46:51 am »
Well done Germany. Nice to bring the Socceroos crashing down to earth. Believe it or not the media hype about them over here was laughable and incredibly naive, so hopefully this will give them a reality check.