Author Topic: VISA Approved  (Read 7855 times)

Offline Chong

VISA Approved
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:15 pm »
Sunny got her 'request for passport' letter yesterday. We go this week to Hong Kong to submit her passport and get her PR VISA. It's being a long journey. I met her in July 2009. I have been back twice. Over the past 12 months, I have been living here in Kaiping for 10 months.

I have to give special "Thanks" to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong for their fast processing time. They received our application in May 2010 and it only took 4 months. I know that others have endured time periods of over one year.

I believe that our situation was unique. I speak the same Chinese dialect and I lived with my wife during this application process. After our trip to Hong Kong, I'll breakdown the immigration processing timelines in more details. In short, I gave them more information & proof than required; I also made some application mistakes along the way ... thus, Martin & Zhifang beat us by a month. We have to treat them for dumplings. We don't mind.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:49:36 pm by Chong »

Offline maxx

Re: VISA Approved
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:22:04 am »
Chong congradulations. to you and Sunny

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:02:06 am »
That is great news Chong , congratulations to you and Sunny , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Paul Todd

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:01:49 am »
Fantastic news  ;D I'm very happy for you both ;D ;D ;D

ttwjr32

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:45:08 am »
Well thats great news, so the two of you will be leaving for Canada soon? Does that mean she can leave
as soon as she gets this?

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 05:12:29 am »
Great news.   I am happy for the both of you.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:09:21 am »
Great news Chong!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »
Mpo4747, Mustfocus, Bee, we are planning a meal likely in late October...maybe the last Saturday of the month.  Chong and Sunny, and Zhifang and I will also be there.  We will let you know what we are planning as we get closer.  Hopefully everyone can make it.

Chonger, congrats buddy!

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 07:37:57 pm »
Last Saturday looks good.  Can't wait to meet the wives and Chong... let me know when (I have a feeling I know where).
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »
its tentative .... table 10?

as the wives of Dry Martini and Kaipin Kingpin are show where all that planning started long long time ago.... and was born the idea of the Chinese Dumpling Gang.... that courageous band of criminal masterminds that laid waste upon distant shores.
excuse my little TONG in cheek its just my jealousy showing through   :P
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:18:31 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 12:06:45 am »
SiFu was busy with Class .. so I'm a little late but .. all the same Chong . Congratulations to both of you , it is certainly worth a Dumpling Dinner .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 07:26:16 pm »
Chong,

Congratulations to both of you! I look forward to meeting you, your wife and mustfocus and Mike O. (I have already met Martin so he is not mentioned here) I will bee there, with the bee of course. (my other love for now!)There is nothing that will keep me from going! I have a possible date of coming back from florida on the 26th but going there is now in question. It was scheduled for me to drive my parents car and my mother down for the winter on the 17th and fly back on the 26th. My father was going to fly down later. This is now on hold as my mother has to have a cracked infected tooth taken care of before she can have her knee replacement done. I am looking forward to becoming part of the Chinese Dumpling Gang. Are they going to have room for all of us? :P

Dave C
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:35:49 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Chong

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:16 am »
Got our PR VISA today, here's our timeline ...

Feb 23rd - CIC Miss received app

I wasted 1 1/2 months from Feb to May because I filed Form IMM5406 incorrectly which was sent back by CIC Miss.

May 5th - Approved as Sponsor by CIC Miss.
May 19th - Hong Kong started processing
May 26th - Received 'File Labels'
June 7th - Received letter requiring info on 'intent to return to Canada' & Form IMM5406 [missing info .. again ]
June 25th - Received letter requiring 'proof of home ownership in Canada'.
Sept 1st - Telephone call received requesting fax of passport
Sept 19th - Received approval letter requesting my wife's passport.
Oct  15th  -  PR VISA received

Our process [ from Hong Kong ] really took only 4 months. I did the following to build a fast processing case.

- We met in July 2009 and married Dec 2009. I brought an apartment in Kaiping, China to live with my wife till she got her PR VISA.
- Our application included over 400 photos and numerous acknowledgements of our marriage.
- I'm 49 yrs old and my wife's 33 yr old. Born in Canada, I can speak her dialect of Taishanese.
- I mailed 72 updated photos & information on May 24th & another package on Aug 10th.
- I write a private personal blog about my current stay in China to which the Consulate has access to read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have met Rhonald & Yan personally as they visited us in Kaiping. I feel for them that their case is taking so long. I wish them the best for their Nov interview.

In my case, I have to "Thank" HK for processing our application so fast.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:46:50 am by Chong »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 04:45:13 am »
Congrats Chong!  Look forward to meeting you at the get together at the end of the month!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Paul Todd

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:26 am »
Fantastic news for both of you. I hope your move goes smoothly and you enjoy your get together once you arrive  ;D I also want to wish Rhonald a speed conclusion to his trials and tribulations. ;)