Author Topic: How many watched his heroics?  (Read 9512 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
How many watched his heroics?
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:01:48 am »
As a kid I remember watching his show on TV.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline kenny

Re: How many watched his heroics?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 01:08:20 pm »
One of my most favorite actors ever! I rate him right up there with Wayne, Fonda and Stewart. (i love westerns)

Linda and Ziwei are now hooked on Gunsmoke and we watch it as often as we can. He will be sadly missed!

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:35:46 pm »
Gun smoke, The Rifleman, Roy Rogers and of course The Lone Ranger. Watched them all. Of course these were the days of the cowboy shows.

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:44:40 pm »
what about Hannibal Hays and Kid Curry.Now there was a great western.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »
what about Hannibal Hays and Kid Curry.Now there was a great western.

You got me there Maxx, I remember the names Vince mentioned but I had to wikipedia the names you mentioned.

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 07:41:23 pm »
Dang Maxx, ye ain't old enough to remember those actors.  Hehe.  How about Gabby Hayes.

My fathers favorite show ever was Gunsmoke and he had most all of it on CD.  Guess who inheritied that collection.  You know there was a series before Gunsmoke called The Marshall or Matt Dillon or Marshall Dillon or something like that.  I think it was 3 seasons long and had the same host of characters.

It is one of my favorite shows and like my father I love westerns too.

Offline Clayton

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 08:07:07 pm »
Now ya talkin my language
This is the way to go

Offline shaun

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:06 pm »
Dats cuz I live in Jojah.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 11:42:32 pm »
You cannot go mentioning Gabby Hayes without naming his mentor Hopalong Cassidy.

Roy Rogers was popularin the UK. Now what was the name of the creature he used to ride? ...... Got it! Dale Evans.

Also remember Kit Carson, Lash Larue,

Not forgetting the Cisco Kid and Pancho and the Range Rider. Forget his name but he always punched downwards.

'Have Gun Will Travel' was huge in UK along with Wagon Train with Ward Bond and Robert Horton. And who could forget Rawhide that brought forth Rowdy Yates alias Clint Eastwood.

The ones I want to forget is Bonanza and most of the follow up for one of the actors, Michael langdon, Little House On the Praire.

Stirring meories or what.

Willy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:56:42 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 12:03:01 am »
Shaun yeah I'm old enough to remember them barely.I was like 3 or 4 when Hannibel Hays and Kid Curry were on.And the show was called Alis smith and Jones I think.And I'm old enough to remember  Wild Wild west with Robert Conrad.

I know who Gabby hays was and hopalong Cassidy was.I never watched any of there movies.But I have seen a few Daniel Boone shows.When they were in reruns.

Willy Trigger was the name of Roy Rogers horse.The horse is on Display at the Roy Rogers Museum.Dale Evans never carried Roy Rogers.They were as pure as the driven snow.

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 12:11:44 am »
I watched Daniel Boone also but they weren't reruns?  :o

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:47 am »

Willy Trigger was the name of Roy Rogers horse.The horse is on Display at the Roy Rogers Museum.Dale Evans never carried Roy Rogers.They were as pure as the driven snow.

So you say Max.  But did you ever notice the size of the smile on Roy's Face!  I never known him pull a Trigger but I bet he pulled a certain lady 8).

Randolph Scott of High Noon Fame - reputed to be the 'Biggest Star' in Hollywood - and I don't mean his studio ranking ;D ;D ;D

Willy

Have Gun Will Travel was Richard Boone.
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline shaun

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 08:00:54 am »
Here are a few more that come to mind.   Marvick, F-Troupe, Best of the West (my favorite character is Frog), Audie Murphy

Willy to suggest that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were anything less than pure driven snow is almost sacreligious and unAmerica.  But if people will remember Dale was Roy's second wife and it was quite controversial.  They took a lot of heat for it back in the day.  I don't remember what the issues were I would have to ask my mother.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:23:55 am by shaun »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:26 am »
Here are a few more that come to mind.   Marvick, Troupe, Best of the West (my favorite character is Frog), Audie Murphy

Willy to suggest that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were anything less than pure driven snow is almost sacreligious and unAmerica.  But if people will remember Dale was Roy's second wife and it was quite controversial.  They took a lot of heat for it back in the day.  I don't remember what the issues were I would have to ask my mother.

Well you know me Shaun, unAmerican to the core. I still remember not being invited to the Boston Tea Party!  Third wife I think but wonder just how many fillies RR rode before the end of his days.  No wonder Trigger got stuffed as well.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 10:51:54 am »
Well you know me Shaun, unAmerican to the core. I still remember not being invited to the Boston Tea Party!
Willy

UnAmerican Willy?, don't tell me you are still upset for the missed Tea Party, Well it was Alice's fault as she fell down some rabbit hole and mistakenly gave it to the Mad Hatter.

Anyways the American people tried to make up for that faux pas by having a special day set aside to commemorate both your Birthday and your condition ( The real reason Alice could not find you 8) )