Author Topic: Your experience when visiting a Chnluv agency in China.  (Read 4183 times)

Offline ChinaTraveler

Your experience when visiting a Chnluv agency in China.
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:50:16 am »
I will be going to China in September ....I was wondering ..is it possible to just go to a Chnluv agency and ask then to arrange a meeting with a few of the girls on their agency list ? I was thinking of visiting the dreaded Changsha Love Bridge agency to see if I could see and perhaps take to dinner a few of their listings in their agency before I start a long (and expensive and questionable) email attempt to get to know them better ...anyone of the brothers out there that have visited agencies can you let us newbies know what to expect ?  I. E ..Would you recommend that I send a few letters first ...do I need to email the management of the agency and set up an appointment to look at the active lists of there members(ladies)....! Will there be a per date charge ? Thank your information !
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:59:58 am by ChinaTraveler »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Your experience when visiting a Chnluv agency in China.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:04:55 am »
Hi CT , ha , Changsha's Love Bridge Agency , you like walking into a lions den obviously , also I think there are holidays around Sept when some people maybe travelling and businesses closed and without someone to take you to the door of the agency you could be wandering in Changsha for a while as the central area of Changsha has over 10 million residents , send the agency an email and get a contact name and phone numbers and they will want to know your visiting times etc , they may even offer to pick U up from your hotel , but do not forget most of the ladies work long hours sometimes 8 till 6 and also 6 days a week and usually without knowledge cannot take days off , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:26:06 am »
CT, Some have tried the method you suggest.  I don't remember any of them having success at it with the exception of one and he isn't on this site anymore, I think.  He changed is name often and I couldn't keep up with the name changes.

I think what you suggest has been a plan b for many.  I went a different route using a site other than chnlove.  I found a woman who has never been with an agency and we have done quite well with each other.

Then you have the Scots Rob method.  Stand on any street corner in a big city and get that helpless look and the single women will volunteer to help you.  Hehe.  Sorry Rob.

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »
here would be my concern, you ask about a "per date" charge, there would be such a charge if you need a translator. The stand on the corner method will, if nothing else, get you a date, maybe just for the evening, but then you wouldn't be wasting an entire trip. It's best if you know at least a little Chinese, maybe enough to avoid a little 'neng pian, jiu pian' in Beijing.

It depends on what you hope to accomplish, if you're looking to sample from the buffet, the agency will attempt to help you, but I would not expect many willing dates, unless they are taking you to specific locations to ring the money out of you.

Anyway you slice it the way you're talking, you're talking getting taken to the cleaners. I recommend either going on qq and registering with their personals page, you'll make friends quick, unless you're rather ugly and hairy with no money of course. If you register a trip, you will get a people, from those areas offering to help you.

There are options, but bear in mind some of those options are not considered as desirable by the locals.

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:34:34 pm »
IMHO....

I believe that most Agencies will have a few women (legit or not ???) on their books who would be available for short - notice "blind dates" such as you mention China Traveller. Whether these Women would be seriously looking for a partner is moot......

But you are heading flat out to be ripped off, and especially considering it is the dreaded Changsha Love Bridge, they will rip you off quicker and harder than most others !!!

By any definitions, Changsha Love Bridge has got to be close to the top of the pile for unethical conduct....beware.

I reckon you MUST have one (or some) women already arranged to meet you, before you go. The Street corner method may work...may not.

But if you just want to go to China for the food...and experience (not a bad idea , by the way)...then go and have a good look.......and let whatever happens in the woman Department happen !!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »
What happened to the girl going to school in Guangzhou? If things didn't pan out I am wondering why you would consider this approach instead, especially with the agency involved. If you are going to an expo in Changsha and planning on setting up some blind dates, I would hazard a guess that any serious woman would think you had a different agenda. I think you are better off relying on QQ or maybe, if I remember right, trying to contact a girl from the other Changsha agency now. Anyone remember if there is another agency? If there is, contacting some girls from there might be a better option.

But I still think if any girl finds out that your convention is the main reason for your trip to China, they would suspect your intentions.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:08:25 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »
Here's another in Changsha

ChangSha MeiYin International Marriage Introduction Company ( Agency ID: P218 )

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 04:08:31 am »
Hey Chinatraveller, What if you get on Chineselovelinks and talk with a few ladies and see if you gel with any. That way you could meet up with them if you have established a connection. It is much cheaper and you can use their chat line if you subscribe. I personally do not have a problem with going to an agency, so long as you could get the name of a manager before hand. I think it is certainly a shorter and more direct approach. You could also look through the profiles on Chnlove and make contact with one and see if there is any connection. Seems like everybody has had to make mistakes, so in the end, make up your mind and do something.
Good luck
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 05:54:56 am »
Vince I've had experience with P218.  You really can't trust them either though there are guys here that say they are good.  I caught them taking advantage of me and nothing was done about it.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:35 am »
CT . I have never done what you are suggesting.  I got burned a couple of times by agencies while still in my chair in America. It would have been much worse if I had got to China before I figured out they are crooks. 

Here is what I would do but you had better hurry cause september is not far away. This is the same advice I would give a close friend or relative. 

Stay away away from Agencies.... Thats a long way to go for a blind date. They may show you a good time in Changsha but I doubt that any of the girls would take you serious.

Dont put all your eggs in one basket. Try several methods to meet girls.

Get on some other websites Chineselove links, China love match, etc. Go to chat rooms or Chinese social networks. Make and meet some Chinese friends.

Install QQ international on your computer.  Your laptop too if you have one.

Ask a Chinese person to help you set up a QQ personal page. Its called Qzone. 
Qzone menus are all in Chinese but with some help you can create a sort of blog, Facebook look-a-like page there. 

You can also set up a city page for yourself in Changsha. It is a group page for a specific locality.  I have a qzone page and a guangzhou page.

With Qzone you can tell the Chinese community who you are and advertise that you are looking for Chinese friends.  There are many people that just look at citi pages looking for new friends. They will find you.  And they will talk your leg off.
Beware!  like  any of the online IM and chat tools there are abusers. I met some gay guys looking for boyfriends. I have met young ladies looking for a foreign "encounter" and a variety of weird proposals. They are easy to delete and hide from once you firure  them our. But I have ended up with many interesting down to earth penpals.
 Again you will need a Chinese person with experience setting up QQ.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:43 am »
Well CT.

Your a character in anyones words.   If your looking for a quickie then I know a good woman who is available!  Trouble is she is not in Changsha but if you want to travel a bit further I am sure that she can accomodate you in the Capital.  No doubt she would welcome the coming of a nice man from the USA.  If your well loaded of course.

I'll give you a reputation point just for your cheek.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chong

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 08:46:41 am »
Changsha Love Agency is all about pretty photoshop pictures. I doubt if any of the young girls resemble their agency pictures.

If you're going for a convention, there'll be many people you can network with ... at the convention. Just spread the word that you're looking for a Chinese woman for a relationship. The time spent on this approach will reap more benefits than approaching the agency cold-calling. Plus, there'll be no agency fees to deal with.

Vince G

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 10:09:03 am »
Shaun, They haven't tried taking advantage yet? (that I know of), I suspect the do a little editing. First thing I did when I saw it was Changsha was make sure it wasn't Changsha Love Agency. I wouldn't have bothered if it was. It's almost guaranteed Love Bridge will do a Bate & Switch. ChangSha MeiYin kind of knows I'm not hooked.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »
I found my fiancee at ChangSha MeiYin International Marriage Introduction Company ( Agency ID: P218 ) and had no problems. I also visited other cities and ladies and the agencies will gladly meet you and talk to you and set you up with other ladies that they have. Sometimes I went to their agencies from an invite and other times the supervisor would come to meet me at my hotel and then set up dates with different ladies that were available. These ladies that were setup for me  aftere meeting the lady I went there for, were good too, I remember. I remember seeing these "new" ladies on their websites but did not attempt to get to know them before .  I agreed to meet them because I was there already and i had a few days to spare and i thought what have I got to loose.  But i still think that it is better to first find them on the website , talk to them and get to know  them before going there to meet them face to face. You save a lot of time and money if you do it that way. Meeting other ladies through the setup way after you get there is a more of a hit and miss way, i think. I went through Chnlove and ChineseLovelinks and went to meet ladies from both websites.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »
What really helped me in meeting and finding ladies i wanted to meet was having my own translator who translated ALL my letters to these ladies from the very first introductory letter to them. They liked receiving  letters written in Chinese because they can write freely and I can really understand what kind of person i am getting to know. They feel that I am a serious person and not playing games with them because I have hired a Chinese translator to help us get to know each other. I wanted to really know what my lady friend wanted to tell me and I wanted tell her everything about me and what my thoughts are.  I felt that this was the BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT  INVESTMENT in my life and also I knew that I will invest more time and money in visiting her in China, so I wanted to make sure that I find the best possible match that I could find from the beginning. I didn't want to waste any time , I was 62 years old, and I was willing to spend whatever it cost in finding my future wife. So hiring my translator was, to me, super important for me and my future wife to have and I didn't want an agency translator (who wasn't the best at translating sometimes and certainly not better than my translator  ) in between us and  I wanted to make sure from the start that I was talking to the lady that I chose , and not a transltor .