Author Topic: Cheap Flights  (Read 15812 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
RE: Cheap Flights
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 07:54:00 pm »
Robert try mine. I fly out of Atlanta to Beijing.  This last ticket cost me $875, no long layovers and I am leaving from Chattanooga to Atlanta then Seoul then Beijing.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline JimB

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 08:10:04 pm »
Yes, that is the total cost.  About 2.5 hours in Seoul.  Something like a total of 14 hours from Atlanta to Seoul then 1.05 to Beijing.
I got those tickets in May.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:10:33 pm by JimB »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 04:47:57 am »
Well, i know that for France, I often check on
www.voyages-sncf.com

but I check also on :
www.cheapoair.com and that's quite the same prices :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 07:03:20 pm »
That cheapoair seems pretty good value, I priced a couple of trips up, and with the current euro/dollar rate i should save about 100 euro each time compared to the site I used the last two times, thats about 950RMB or so more to spend there !, all good.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 07:46:55 pm »
Holy cow! I just punched in my source and dest and got an incredible rate. $738 round trip, san diego, San Francisco or Los Angeles, beijing, changchun. That's incredible. Hope that price is still there in a week cause that's $400 less than I paid my first trip.

Thanks for the URL guys!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:51:30 pm by Ed W »
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Agarn

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 02:06:38 am »
Ed

Book the flight now, it could change tomorrow let alone next week, did you check the flight right the way through to final payment as they some times have not added all the taxes, sneaky beggars

Offline Ed W

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 08:52:42 am »
i noticed one thing. Next to the price it says "Taxes not incl". I'm betting it'll likely be fairly close to what I paid before but still, it's not all that expensive to travel half way around the world. hehe.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Andreas

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 10:11:19 am »
Wont be of much help cause I fly from Frankfurt germany -> Shanghai -> Hongkong, roundtrip and ICE train ticket from my city to FRA Port included with
"China Eastern Airlines" for just a unbelievabe EUR 469, all tax and fee's included. That was cheapest I found thru an travel agency in Berlin. They also organized me the chinese visa. My local travel agent where I book my US flights wanted to charge EUR 750 with Lufthansa from Duesseldorf via Munich
to Hongkong .... well.

Maybe also in the US they offer cheap rates on roundtrips wuth China Eastern, go check for that airline.
Andreas!

Offline JimB

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 11:30:35 am »
Here is the latest. Check this sight out now.  875 Atlanta beijing rount trip http://www.flychina.com/default.aspx?s=101&gclid=CNTk3pLww5sCFQNbxwodCkZuAg

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 12:27:36 pm »
Quote from: 'Ed Watson' pid='7472' dateline='1246837615'

Holy cow! I just punched in my source and dest and got an incredible rate. $738 round trip, san diego, San Francisco or Los Angeles, beijing, changchun. That's incredible. Hope that price is still there in a week cause that's $400 less than I paid my first trip.

Thanks for the URL guys!

In May I flew round trip to Hong Kong from Calgary via San Fran for $834 Cdn. Now the same place I see offers just under $800 Cdn.

But I am in holding mode untill her visa gets approved.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 12:30:07 am »
I checked yesterday , just in case I need to go end of July . Roundtrip with Air China ( my sec. favorite ) and six day's in Holiday Inn , where I'm alway's staying $ 1145 . I'm a Asiana Club Member , they want about $200 more , but with the discount it's about the same . Last year around that time , I pay'd over $ 1600 just for the Flight . That sounds great to me . Because I need to buy Plane Ticket's to Guangzhou too and Hotel there . Hope it stay's this cheap , but as I have no Interview date yet , can't Book anything . Hopping it will go still down as it enter's the Fall season , hence it might not be till Sept. .

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 02:38:14 pm »
Just looking by doing google search I have found flights as low as $650 But I dont when I going for sure so will just have to wait till then and hope I find it again
Jimmy Henson

Offline China Shark

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 07:11:26 am »
Jimmy, be careful with prices that look too low. Most of them have the disclaimer taxes and extra charges not included. Before I bought my ticket I was getting quotes as low as $469 round trip and the fees and charges would be another $469. It's a marketing ploy to draw you in. As soon as I realized it was the same price I moved onto a more honest retailer. Cheapest tickets you can buy would be through a bulk wholesaler ticket agent in any local Chinatown anywhere. I paid $1,050 round trip from Chicago to Tokyo to Hong Kong. This price beat all the online prices by at least $1. and I physically dealt with a human being as opposed to just giving credit card info online. Chinese agents will always get you the lowest fares, bar none. Can't wait to get my next ticket roundtrip from Hong Kong, notoriously the cheapest anywhere.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 11:13:18 am »
I bought my tickets on FlyChina.com  $835.00 Taxes and fees included.  I am only worried about not getting y confirmation letter today or tomorrow.  For those guys who used flychina.com what was your wait time?

I waited a day to long.  flychina had a round trip direct to beijing for $650.  Im pissed I didt get that flight.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

David5o

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 05:19:17 pm »
For the Brits on here , check out ''netflights.com''  ''flightcentre .com''  "cheapflights.co.uk"
Used them several times, and they generally come up trumps against other net based sites on prices.

Now offering HK ...379 St Pounds inc everything  (Netflights)  Was going to post other prices, but no time right now.
But check them out, you can do a lot worse elsewhere!!!

David.......