Author Topic: Cheap Flights  (Read 15811 times)

Offline Samurai_Honor

Cheap Flights
« on: June 18, 2009, 07:30:15 pm »
Where is a great website to find cheap flights to china and what airline would you suggest?

Also how many days would you suggest?

Thanks guys....

Offline maxx

RE: Cheap Flights
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 07:42:11 pm »
first trip 10 to 12 days or as many days as you can afford. For flights Check cheapair.com.Or Cheapoair.com.If you can play with the times and the dates you can ussually get a better deal.

If you don't mind spending a couple of hours in Korea or Japan.That route mite save you a few dollers.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:04:12 pm »
I am planning on using a  China based travel agency next time I fly, they can get tickets cheaper than anyone, about half the cost.  With fuel going up this summer its still going to be difficult to get anything under $1,000 with western based travel companies.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »
Go through a local Chinatown travel agent. They buy bulk wholesale tix therefore they will undercut all of the online competitors and you get intinery in hand and not have to print via home pc. Also, it starts the process early of assimilating the culture prior to leaving for your trip. My tix cost $1,050. roundtrip from Philadelphia 7 months ago.
China Shark Mike

PS Don't forget to invest in an electronic translator too.
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »
http://www.flychina.com/

I got my tickets through them. I couldnt get quite the right match so I called the service number and the lady was able to tie some flights together and get a decent rate.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Agarn

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 02:52:17 am »
Type     flights to china, beijing, hong kong, where ever you want to visit in to the net and you will find the largest range of tickets possible.
If possible have flexible dates to find the best deal, i recently saved $250 by shifting 2 days.
Remember ticket prices change constantly, if a ticket is a $1000 today it could be $1200 tomorrow, if you see a good deal buy it.

How often do you fly half way around the world?  Stay as long as possible!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 06:45:56 am »
Cheapest flight i could get was €712 return to Beijing.
Ling was looking up flight prices on a Chinese website last night and she found one for 3850 RMB return to here, that's about €400 , guess whose booking my next flight!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Samurai_Honor

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:29 am »
Ok....Thank you guys. I see what you are talking about with the dates also....thanks alot!

Offline Agarn

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:48 am »
Heathrow to Hong Kong direct in september £405 including credit card charge

What are you Brits waiting for get out there!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:13:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Agarn' pid='6018' dateline='1245424308'

Heathrow to Hong Kong direct in september £405 including credit card charge

What are you Brits waiting for get out there!

Which airlines is that with mate. I prefer the direct flight by Cathay Pacific which is £575 next weekend.  But as I will be making regular trips to and from China this year I think I ought to look for a cheaper flight.
Willy the Londoner
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 03:56:58 pm »
London Heathrow to Guangzhou return using Lufthansa , 1 stop in Frankfurt £440 for August flights ..
Dreams can come true

Offline davidaquincy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 04:10:05 pm »
I have a question along the same lines. Why is it more expensive to fly from Chengdu to Japan than US to Japan. I got quotes of 1700us for her and 1000us for me in the US. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 05:13:54 pm »
I found a cheaper flight than from cheapair and cheapoair. www.Uschinatrip.com  saved me $250  plus I go from a local airport.  do not have to go to Atlanta. And it is right about being flexible with your dates.  And stay as long as you can.  I would say no less than 12 days.  The time fly's when you are there.  If you are going to meet a girl, it will take you a little time to decide if she is right or not.  Then you would still have time to go to the agency or make arrangements with another lady.  
I know there are guys here who disagree.  I always had a backup plan.  Got burned once.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:17:18 pm by JimB »
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 03:32:16 am »
Hi Willy
The flight I booked is with Air New Zealand direct, on the same dates Qantas was £427 + cc direct, and under £400 with Qatar via Doha.
Flight costs change daily and these flights could be £500 now, but last summer i flew with Qatar for £424
Your Cathay ticket is high, in april I flew with them direct to HK and then on to Cebu in the philippines for £595.
Cathay  is a top airline, the foods really good, they only problem is they dont load the planes by seat rows, it a free for all.
On my 6 visits to asia i have not used the same airline twice, cost is always a factor and costs always change

JimB   theres nothing wrong with a back up plan

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »
I hear yah Robert. Ideally, I would rather pay the extra $100.00 too but.......money is tough for me to save so I may be forced to do all the layovers. :-/ It'll be worth it though when it's all over and I'm in Guangzhou with my Jessie in my arms. :icon_biggrin:

When it gets closer for me to head to China, I'll come back to this thread and reread it all and do my research to find the best deals.

Thanks everyone for posting your findings. If you find better deals, keep on posting!
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~