Author Topic: Andreas's Trip to Zhuhai  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Hajo

RE: Andreas's Trip to Zhuhai
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 10:17:42 am »
Quote from: 'Andreas' pid='9513' dateline='1248285726'

Quote from: 'JimB' pid='9510' dateline='1248284396'

The internet is a wonderful thing.  Angel and I QQ twice a day.  I am the last person she talks to before going to bed and the first one she talks to in the morning.  Every day 7 days a week.  Plus a few TXT msgs. each day.  In 20 days she will be in my arms again.  I will be there for at least 2 months.  Correction 19 days 6 hours and 10 minutes.

It's true .. it gives one so much happiness with todays technology .. I remember the first days of internet (actually arpa-net of the universities back in the days) .. and now we can communicate just like that .. real time with voice and picture streams via satellite lines .. maybe I should try to invent a algorithm to slip thru the video stream .. LOL .. would be sweet ..
Wish you all the best and sweetest time with your love!

Andreas!

You guys are right! Internet is a great thing. But only when it works :s Xinjiang provins has been without Internet for 2 weeks now and it is going to stay without for a couple of month they say. :@ So, it will not be much I will have to report while I am there from August 1st until August 15th. I hope it will not happen for you guys, it's rather frustrating! :huh:
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Andreas

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 02:31:41 pm »
Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='9750' dateline='1248445062'
Quote from: 'Andreas' pid='9513' dateline='1248285726'
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='9510' dateline='1248284396'
The internet is a wonderful thing.  Angel and I QQ twice a day.  I am the last person she talks to before going to bed and the first one she talks to in the morning.  Every day 7 days a week.  Plus a few TXT msgs. each day.  In 20 days she will be in my arms again.  I will be there for at least 2 months.  Correction 19 days 6 hours and 10 minutes.

It's true .. it gives one so much happiness with todays technology .. I remember the first days of internet (actually arpa-net of the universities back in the days) .. and now we can communicate just like that .. real time with voice and picture streams via satellite lines .. maybe I should try to invent a algorithm to slip thru the video stream .. LOL .. would be sweet ..
Wish you all the best and sweetest time with your love!

Andreas!

You guys are right! Internet is a great thing. But only when it works :s Xinjiang provins has been without Internet for 2 weeks now and it is going to stay without for a couple of month they say. :@ So, it will not be much I will have to report while I am there from August 1st until August 15th. I hope it will not happen for you guys, it's rather frustrating! :huh:

That sucks! Internet is the lifeline of my job. When I go back in September to Zhuhai I will have to take 1 or 2 software projects with me to work on, no other choice. No internet would be really a problem for me ... but I am positive it will all be gravy:-)

Hajo, hope for you internet will back online soon at your ladies place!

Andreas!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:33:04 pm by Andreas »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 03:11:24 pm »
Thanks Andreas,

I had hoped so too! But she was in Beijing last weekend and we could chat. She told me that they expect to be online again in October or November. :@ I am just glad that we already have made plans for her to go home with me. I just hope all bricks will fall into place!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Andreas

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='9779' dateline='1248462684'

Thanks Andreas,

I had hoped so too! But she was in Beijing last weekend and we could chat. She told me that they expect to be online again in October or November. :@ I am just glad that we already have made plans for her to go home with me. I just hope all bricks will fall into place!

Up to 3 month to get internet back up? Anyways, sounds like a str8 plan you working on with your lady, wish you good all the best, Hajo!

Offline Danny

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 08:35:30 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='9739' dateline='1248441235'

Danny Each is different. Some will talk and write everyday others once a week. In mine we write avg. 2 EMF's a week, and a phone call on Saturday eve, her Sunday morn which always turns to an english lesson. Her letters are shorter then they use to be. About one page or less but so have mine. We both are doing the same thing of knowing there is just so much you can write about your boring day.

Thanks Vince. I sent your words to her in my letter to tell her some good advice I received. No it's not fading away. She's really serious about the future, and her words are warm and loving. We just have really, really different ideas about what it means to be in a relationship. For me, the days apart from her, they just drag by. I have never felt so alone since I started my relationship with this person. Some days I regret the day I met her.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 01:45:23 am »
Hi Danny

Step back a bit.

If I remember correctly your lady is Doctor at the very busy women and childrens hospital.   When I first came to Zhuhai I was dating a Doctor as well, not the same one and at a different hospital.  Her letters to me were also very shorty and when I telephoned her sometimes she was falling asleep during them.  You say they only work 7 hours a day.  Sure they do and the doctors get 2 hour lunch break - they go to sleep in these breaks.  My doc was up at 6 am every morning to prepare for work.  Then had about a one hour bus ride to get to work then go home every evening at nearly 7pm then she had to cook her dinner. That is all fresh - nothingb out of packets.    And in those 7 hours  she was actually working she would deal with between 100 to 120 patients a day - can you imagine the stress of dealing wqith that many patients a day. No wonder they just want to sleep away their free trime.  A doctor is miossing from duty and they callin your doctor with no notice and with no extra pay.  My doc, who has 18 years service once worked for three weeks without a day off. May be her working conditions was a cause of our split.

I will say this - wait until you meet her but have a fall back plan in casae it does not work out.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Danny

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 03:57:19 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='9813' dateline='1248500723'

Step back a bit.

Willy that's good advice. I've apologised to her, and I'll just let it roll along and see what happens when I visit her in September. I visited her previously in January.

I think we have really, really different ideas about how a relationship should work. It's just really hard for me, not being able to hear from her each day. A five minute phone call makes all the difference to my life. It really upset me that she just unilaterally decided to take this away, as though it meant nothing at all.

I keep thinking that it would be such a relief if it all just ended. And then other times, I can hardly stop the tears streaming down my face.  

If she doesn't forgive me, then that's how it goes. There's nothing I can do about it. And maybe it's a merciful thing to happen to both of us.

Sorry Andreas, I've stolen your post. This is the end of my interruption for now. That's the problem, we have Zhuhai in common. Everytime I read your story, I think of my angel.

Offline Andreas

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 04:34:56 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='9822' dateline='1248508639'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='9813' dateline='1248500723'

Step back a bit.

Sorry Andreas, I've stolen your post. This is the end of my interruption for now. That's the problem, we have Zhuhai in common. Everytime I read your story, I think of my angel.

Danny, don't worry, its ok for me, nothing stolen at all:-) Even though I can understand your feelings very good. I talk to my sweetheart every single or second day on qq, sometimes twice a day and it gives me lots of happiness, but in fact the distance right now between me and her and not having her on my side is also not easy for me. She is on my mind instantly, if I am working or doing whatever, even had her in my dreams twice the recent nights.
So I suppose it is not easy to all of us, at least for those that have not their sweetness with them. I really counting the days until I go back to Zhuhai  start of september ...

Andreas!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 10:18:38 am »
I am up early on a Saturday morning waiting for my wife to come home from work so we can have a brief webcam chat. I can relate to how you guys feel. I wish I knew when I would be going back...it's easier when you can count the days. But yes, the distance and only fleeting chats tugs at the heart strings.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:19:23 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 06:33:25 pm »
16 days and 2 hours for me. I cannot wait.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 11:27:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='9792' dateline='1248482130'
For me, the days apart from her, they just drag by. I have never felt so alone since I started my relationship with this person. Some days I regret the day I met her.

Danny , now as We are going through this waiting and being apart , we write each other ones maybe twice a week and talk on the Phone ones a week . Not because we don't know what to say or write , it makes the time go by faster and you can look forward more to the next letter or call this way . It has nothing to do with our relationship being less because we write less . It's all how you look at it . It's not to hurt the other , which I'm sure that is not your Lady's intention's . Now if you set yourself up , with doing all those thing on a daily bases and it does not go well with Her plans ( no matter what their are ) it's your own doing to get you thinking this way now . If you spoil your Lady for month's and she say's now , NO more ... no need for that anymore ... would you be hurt or happy that it is saving you money and come to realize ... all that is just little thing's and not to sweat over them . This is just one of those little thing's , with many more to follow as your relationship grows . We both have had a hard Time , loosing our Loved one , but it really thaught me to have patience and boy do I need it ever .
Remember Maxx's Rule # one .

Offline Danny

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2009, 06:00:38 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='9920' dateline='1248578865'

Remember Maxx's Rule # one .

Arnold

I am so lucky to have friends like you and Willy and Maxx and the other brothers. This is the good, sensible, down to earth advice I need at this time. I was just at a low point when I wrote that. I don't know what I was thinking. I just forgot everything about the 24 hour rule.

Even though I screwed up at this time and I made myself look like an idiot, if I hadn't told the truth about what happened, and really thought hard about what had taken place, I would have continued to make the same mistake over and over. I think I learned a real good lesson.

I kept thinking there was something wrong with our relationship. Since, for me, being in love means that you write and talk constantly to each other, for hours and hours each day. That's well and good, if you enjoy that sort of thing. But that's not how a lot of really strong relationships work. That's not how it is for my woman. It doesn't seem to be how it is for your relationship either.

On reflection it is probably easier for me to deal with the waiting if I don't write and talk to her so often. I just need to take a deep breath and get on with the other parts of my life.

Here's the reply I received today:

Hi my dearest  Danny

Danny , you misunderstand me . I never have a complaining in your previous letter  for your long letter , I am just afraid that I will offend you when you call me each time since we talk so short every time , after all  , sometimes , I really care about your feeling , if  I talk with you so short each time when you call me , I am afraid that you will understand me , so I could only suggest you to call me on weekend night  . you will never offend me for you calling at any time .

don't listen to the sad song always ,  I think you should listen some rock music  and made you so excited for our soon meeting . don't you think so ??  I know communication is very important for us now ,  but I am really offend you due to my job reason sometimes , I am sorry . danny  , don't misunderstand me , ok  ??

I sit on the bus  every morning on my way to work, flipping through your profile ‘s picture in my mind  and listening to soft music on my cell phone  . You have become more than part of my morning pastime—you have become a habit that I cannot live without.

Big hug for you ,

Missing you ,

Isn't that sweet? I sure don't deserve anyone like that.

Danny

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2009, 06:17:19 am »
Cool mate well pleased....:icon_biggrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2009, 07:37:05 am »
Well Danny - its the morning long bus ride - you make that long journey seem shorter.  What more could you ask.    I look forward to meeting up with you two when you get to Zhuahi.
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Danny

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2009, 08:46:51 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='9937' dateline='1248608225'

Well Danny - its the morning long bus ride - you make that long journey seem shorter.  What more could you ask.    I look forward to meeting up with you two when you get to Zhuahi.
Willy

That would be very kind. I arrive on the afternoon of 17 September. I am bringing my daughter with me too. I'll send you my contact details in a personal message. It would probably be best to arrange something for later in the trip. You never know for sure how these things are going to turn out.