Author Topic: A little scary  (Read 7447 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
A little scary
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:48:54 am »
Libo has contacted me and ask me to send her some more pictures of me and my children she wants hard copies and wants me to mail them to:

"Zhang Yannian C/O Liu Libo
Public Security Bureau Of FangZheng County,
Harbin,150812,Heilongjiang,
P.R.China

Zhang Yannian is my brother-in-law, when you send your pictures to there, it won't be lost and I can get it in the first time. "
is what she wrote this all looks very suspicious and after doing only a min or 2 of search on this place started looking scary. I am not sending them under any circumstances and unless someone can tell me a reason I shouldn't I am cutting off all communication with this woman. The stuff I read was about torture and crap like that these people dont need to know what I look like.
Those of you that remember what all happen a few months ago this brother in law would be the husband of the evil sister. In fact the little I read about this place made me very sad to think about what could be happening   to the very nice lady I have gotten to know over the past half year.
In the past I have sent her almost 100 pictures I always put 3 on every EMF so she has plenty and they are all new why so important to have more now suddenly and they must be mailed to this place?
Do the research brothers tell me what you can.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Danny

RE: A little scary
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:10 am »
Jimmy

Do as you please, but I think, no big deal. He's a policeman. What of it? It's a big country. Most people's lives there are just the same as they are anywhere. Maybe the pictures the agency prints off for her are bad quality and she wants some that are just perfect to show off to her friends at work. I think take it easy and just go with the flow. Send the photos to the address like she says and think nothing more of it. Almost all of the time I've found everything has a really ordinary and down to earth explanation. I think don't let your imagination run away with you, and let it spoil something really good.

Sure there's some pretty terrible stuff that happens there, but that's no secret either. There's a time and place to stand up for what's right. And the best place to do that is in your own country. In everyone's country there are evils to fight. It's not my responsibility to fight what's wrong in China. My responsibility is to do the best I can where I am. You shine your light in your small corner of the world and I in mine.

Danny

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:02 am »
Quote from: 'Jimmy' pid='10305' dateline='1248954534'

The stuff I read was about torture

Jim if this was true you wouldn't be reading it. Most likely it's like Danny said. They can receive it there and it's a photo not a printout on a piece of paper. Which is how they print the photos. It might come out looking like a fax photo? Besides that, What do you think they are doing? Waiting for you to show up so torture you? Maybe they don't like Sesame Street or the Muppets?

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:34 am »
Jimmy,

My future brother in law is IN the Secret Police.  I tell you the first time I heard that, it freaked me out.  Am I still leery?  Of course, but I am not letting it stop me from being with my woman.  I can understand your concern.  Take the 24 hour rule like I did, calm down and ask her.  It is all probably reasonable.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:28:29 am »
Jimmy,

I think your blowing this way out of proportion, your seeing things that just aren't there!!   What Danny and Vince wrote, is much more likely to be closer to the truth of the matter....

You'd be surprised just how many secret police there are in China. The thing is, if you don't highlight yourself, then they won't have any interest in you what-so-ever. ...Full Stop!!
Most of you that have been to China, have probably met at least one of them, without even realising it. They are literary ....everywhere!!

Now, how cool is that, to have a family member in the Security Bureau!! These guy's can cut through red tape, like a knife through butter. So keep friendly, and you have a good contact that you can call on, when you may need some help. So think positive, and not Negative, all contacts in authority in China, are well worth having, and nurturing, believe me!!

David.....

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:35:03 am »
My brother-in-law (LOL) is at the Economic Police and fights corruption... I guess it is like try to swim up the Niagara falls..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:42 am »
Chill jim you really are getting your self in a pickal over this one mine wanted hard copys of my pic,s becase from cl she only got black and white ones.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:17 am »
Ok you guys are probably right I think the part that made me freak a little is this brother in law is the husband of the sister that hates Americans. And why send the pictures there instead of just sending them to her house? I have sent her gifts and she got them ok.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:10:49 am by Jimmy »
Jimmy Henson

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 10:02:41 am »
Hell I might as well say it to.RelaxJimmy.All the prevoise post before mine are right.Pay attention especially to  what David50 is telling you.In China it doesn't matter who you are but who you know.This guy can cut threw all the red tape on the ladies side.

I would send her the pictures.If I was that interested in her.She would be a good friend to have.And the guy would to.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 12:43:54 pm »
The same bureau also deals with residents permits and other mundane matters as well as normal police work.  If youi ever need to extend your visa it is at the same place.

And post to that address is never going to go astray is it.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:44:41 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 01:46:30 pm »
Jimmy I think they are watching out for her. First your name? Maybe they think it's made up? You say the sister hates Americans? There has to be a reason. Maybe somebody screwed her over? So now they are making sure your real. Funny when the shoes on the other foot huh!

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:39 pm »
That's a tough nut to crack having a sister that hates Americans.  Move on up to Canada, everyone loves Canadians!:icon_cool:
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:39 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='10345' dateline='1248975990'

Jimmy I think they are watching out for her. First your name? Maybe they think it's made up? You say the sister hates Americans? There has to be a reason. Maybe somebody screwed her over? So now they are making sure your real. Funny when the shoes on the other foot huh!

Then again they could be sizing you up to see how many dumplings can be processed from one American. ^_^ Just seems she wants something real to hold onto, and something real for the family as well, I wouldnt sweat it.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:14:34 pm »
Jimmy are you trying to compete my title for the most paranoid guy on this forum. Listen to what the other guys said, honestly I think it.s nothing. Besides it is always really good to know local authorities when in China. System is not the best yet they can be a big help when sorting through things. Choose your fights wisely and you'll never lose. In my past I've been that angry guy but since moving here I've learned to be more tolorent and patient.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Danny

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 08:06:44 am »
Quote from: 'Jimmy' pid='10323' dateline='1248962477'

Ok you guys are probably right I think the part that made me freak a little is this brother in law is the husband of the sister that hates Americans.

Jimmy, this may come as a bit of a shock, but maybe half the world hates Americans.

When I went to university here in Australia I used to be the only one in my tutorials who had anything good to say about Americans.

All the Amercians I've ever met I've really liked, but I'm not blind to the fact that a lot of people (unfairly) think that Americans are awful.

If you treat your woman well, there's every chance however that she might come around to having you as the exception that proves the rule.

Good luck!