Author Topic: Operation Chongqing  (Read 53815 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Operation Chongqing
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:13 am »
Good luck Sylvain in ChongQing with Ting , if you want to stay a few weeks longer I will meet you there , I will be reading your notes with interest , as even here in Melbourne we only have about 5 million at most so I cannot imagine a city with over 30 million , there was only 8 million in Changsha , but funnily enough it did not seem like it .
 Anyhow a safe flight and enjoy , any problems just yell for the brotherhood .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Vince G

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 07:35:15 am »
Flying: I'm a carry on type a guy. Very rarely I check a bag. It's been years. Although I haven't flown internationality for many years there is the internet. Airports and restrictions can be checked and noted online. I did this a few years ago and found the largest sized carry on allowed. Then went and bought that size bag. It's got good wheels that won't break off and a retractible handle and a few extra compartments. For backup I also have a backpack (book pack) which also has wheels and a pull handle, but straps so I can carry. Both have straps that I could tie anything to them for easier carrying. That's all fine if needed but haven't carried both, just the one larger.

For international flying. I plan on sending some things ahead of my flight. A box with shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, Slippers, hairbrush and toilet paper, maybe some other toiletries. Things I can leave there and I get to carry less. For the clothes I have a steamer to take care of wrinkles so I can fold up a suit jacket. Rolling clothes up is better and saves room. You can also get those space bags. Those are the storage bags that you fill up and vacuum the air out of? Do that then pack your bag.

This has been a service of Vin's travel tips. :icon_biggrin:

Offline Chong

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:15 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='5578' dateline='1244979315'

For international flying. I plan on sending some things ahead of my flight. A box with shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, Slippers, hairbrush and toilet paper, maybe some other toiletries.

Vincenzo / Guido / Paisan ... Fugheddaboudit !!!!

Toiletries are so cheap here, it'll cost you as much as the postal freight charge.

Vince G

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:09 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='5579' dateline='1244981655'
Toiletries are so cheap here, it'll cost you as much as the postal freight charge.

I understand that but I'm picky in what I use. :icon_biggrin: I only use certain brands. Even my hair brush is a certain type. (thick hair) My hair is like armor, a wrong brush does nothing but bend.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 09:18:10 am »
Vince
I thought you were jojing until I read your 2nd post, haha

Its all very well having the largest carry on luggage allowed but airlines have weight restictions on hand luggage as well as hold luggage and if its over weight some will make you put it into the hold.

Vince G

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 09:39:27 am »
Sure they do but I can pack a weeks worth of clothes and one pair of shoes and be underweight. Clothes, color wise are basic and can be mix matched. You really never have the same thing on twice and there's chinese laundry? I fly domestic often, 1200 miles from home. Slip on shoes so I don't have to untie and tie at the airport. Change, keys, sunglasses any metal goes into the carry on so there's less to pick out of my pocket at security.

As for weight? I'm limited to what I can lift (bad back) so it's not to heavy. That's the reason for sending liquids ahead. I usually breeze through it all at the airport. Once in a while they do a visual check? Go ahead, chop chop. :icon_biggrin:

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 08:20:57 pm »
RobertB, I will be there for only one week, as I could not "afford" to be there more than one week.
I would have liked to see anyone of you over there, for sure, but maybe will it be for a next time, who knows? ^^

Right now, I'm still waiting for my visa. As I have called the agency who has my passport and which does has to help for my visa, I should get it on Wednesday...

Well, just have to wait, again & again... ^^

I began to create a blog but..
I have to admit it should be french / english in fact ^^ or you all will have to translate everything I have written over there, when I'll be in Chongqing ^^
I'll see how to proceed.

http://titek-destinationchina.blogspot.com

Cya all ^^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:24:14 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 09:13:01 pm »
It will be the most incredible week of your life Sylvain, take many pictures and write down as much as you can afterwards, will help you remember every wonderful moment.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 04:17:47 am »
Thanks, Irish ;)
I have to get all my sd cards empty, so it will be helpful once I'll be there.
I have looked to any monuments to visit, even if I can't really visit the great wall, well, I'll see for it.
About my visa, I'll phone this afternoon.
Any little more news, and that just makes me smiling...
I caught a pharyngitis yesterday.. Well, I think it's better to get it in France, instead my holidays, once I'll be in Chongqing ^^

And I didn't pay much attention but...
The Hilton Hotel is "just" a 5 * :D
Woaaaaaawww

I hope every service over there (spa, sauna, swimming pool) is free ^^
- Let's Rock -

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 03:45:35 pm »
Hot news !!!
Hot news !!!

My visa ist fertig !
Mein visa is ready !!!

Mon visa, esta prêt !!! Sisi ^^ ^^ ^^
I will get get it "right in hands" tomorrow in fact, but I phoned today, and I was said that all was ok, it was ready ^^
So, it's almost a good thing ^^
- Let's Rock -

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 11:33:25 pm »
Well now relax a bit, dont forget your paper work and have a fun and wonderful trip and enjoy every moment with your Ting
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:36 am »
My paper work?
What for? Do you think I gonna travel over there for working?
Not at all, it's just : leisure time, leisure, leisure, and leisure ^^

ok.
For sure, i'll take my NC10 with me, many sd cards and my camera, even my Psp and my cellular (for sure:D)
I'll take some movies, so, if I should "worry" at any time at the hotel, I could see some movies.. but I just think I won't have really time for it ^^

Right now, I'm still looking at my bag.
It's a sport bag, big enough, for sure, but... I just ask myself if I shouldn't get a real nice bag for travelling...
Well...any comments on it?

I said Ting I got my visa, but before yesterday, no news at all.
Maybe is she really busy with her work, or does she want to do some many things for once I'll be there?

I have to take my swimsuit, as there's a swimming pool at the hotel ^^
Eh guys, I'm not sure there could be any network over there :icon_cheesygrin:
(maybe should I try to see with a tuba?? lol)

:icon_arrowd:
:icon_arrow: So right now, Here I am. Leaving France in 48h :icon_cheesygrin::icon_arrowl:
- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 10:17:42 am »
Sylvain, Paperwork would be to show proof you are not married to another, in case you want to marry Ting right then.

I bought myself one good piece of luggage which I always use and it has good wheels and handle for pulling. But you can shop for that next time.

Now What is a tuba? :icon_biggrin: Telescope?

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 11:27:12 am »
Well, being married in less than one week ,if we can't understand each other quite correctly at first and for one or two days, it may would not be a good idea, even if we like writing to each other since many months.
But I keep that idea for later, for sure ;)
And, up to now, I have never heard her voice, nor seen her via webcam, so, I just will see how this week gonna be :)
Even if I think all should be ok at 95% (I have really some difficulties to understand the ideograms :s)
Thanks about the idea for the lugguage, I think I can even buy one once I'll be there :)

And for the "tuba", in fact, its meaning is : "snorkel"?
The tube, pipe you got in your mouth when you are in the sea, swimming, which helps you to breathe :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:28:49 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 12:59:39 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='5866' dateline='1245252432'

And for the "tuba", in fact, its meaning is : "snorkel"?
The tube, pipe you got in your mouth when you are in the sea, swimming, which helps you to breathe :D

It's obvious once you explain it, and a pool is also a large tub for the tuba:icon_biggrin: Anyways have a great trip and best of luck.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances