Author Topic: Mike and Jessica  (Read 34190 times)

Offline mpo

Mike and Jessica
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:18:30 am »

WARNING: All posts are subject to edit and deletion at the sole discretion of the mods
         If your post is modified or deleted you will not be notified in any way.
         Do not expect any post to remain untouched if the Mod is not in agreement with it.
         Complaints will not be tolerated
         You have been warned, this is the final warning.
         If you do not agree with this, please go post elsewhere.
         Thank you, and have a great day!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:41:31 pm by mpo »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: Mike and Jessica
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:38:21 am »
Mike your story sure captured my attention. The temptation to maybe "bolt" out of there for you kept me "riveting" for your future postings. And from your postings with your perception of events and how you handled yourself made me an admirer. Your story far exceeds any storyline that a movie producer could make. I am glued to this Chnlove.info set waiting for your next installment. You took the path less travelled by.....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:48:51 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:49:10 am »
Mike you mentioned in your other thread that you were 'homesick'...The question NOW has to be "homesick for what or who...?"  You say you are going to continue this adventure, all I can say is 'the best of luck my friend'...

Many others as Rhonald said, would have 'bolted' but knowing you this short time, I can tell that is NOT in your psyche.

Everyone will fight tooth and nail for the one they love, and as far as I can see, you are no different...Your determination and faith got you through some turbulent times while you were there, and I'm sure they will do so again, when and if anymore pops up.  Continue the way you are, everything will turn out right in the end...

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:02:42 am »
Rob , I think Mike means HOMESICK ... as to be with the Lord , that is where the Heart is /

As Rhonald has said , you and Jessica are a great Love Story still in the writing . I know both of you will make it a happy ending . Not to make us happy , no ... to make yourself and Jessica and both Families happy .

Offline Nad

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:23:54 am »
Hi Mike,
After reading your post here I thought that I would wish you well for the future. To be honest I am surprised to hear of the surprises. And this is what has prompted me to reply.  I quess if I was to think back over times I have spent talking to my Love and then find out that she new little about me , I would be shell shocked just like you. But one thing I have learnt in the last nine months while speaking With Gen is things get easily lost in the translations. So with that in the back of mind I try to look at things with an open perpesctive. If she didn't respond to questions that weren't that important I tried not read into things. But there was times where I  spoke with the translator if the message needed to be heard.
To be honest I can't even offer you any advice to your problem, your feelings and emotions  only you can sort out. But I will be here to read of your posts. So good luck.
From Alan.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:25:53 am by Nad »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:51:49 am »
These darn translators.  Who the heck to they think they are?  they are playing with peoples lives all to make a buck.  I have half a notion just t o go down there one day and read the riot act to every single one of them. Getting the point across that if you mess with us, we will return the favor.  I just wonder if they truly know how much damage they can do to a person. Because most of the time they are never confronted with what they have done.   But, it is the Chinese way.  The end justifies the means.  Always.  Anyway, Mike I hope it works out for you, truly.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

shaun

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:38 am »
Mike,

Your story is worth telling.  It has been a remarkable journey for you and Jessica, but it has been an incredible journey for all of us too.  I believe it will continue to be incredible. You opened an avenue of consideration that has not, to the best of my knowledge, been opened before.  I'm sure it has happened to others like Jim Burk but buy you making it public you have turned this story into a benefit for us.

I think many have run away while in China when they discovered some of the types of issues you did.  But you stuck it out and found the real Jessica. She found a real man or the real Mike in you. You may be the very first man, and, I am taking liberty with this, including her father, that has not let her down and turned his back on her.

If we men, take the message that you communicated through your actions to find the real Jessica's in this world by looking beyond the illusion of betrayal that men assign to her rather than seeing protective mode they are really in we can find true happiness in a woman who is beyond our wildest dream and expectations.  Because of you I think the 40% will increase.

I realize that there might be some on this site that may become offended by what I just said, but please, don't be.  We can only operate in what we understand.  Mike has increased our understanding tremendously. Instead of arguing about it let us all use this adventure and information for our benefit when it comes to looking for that special lady.

Mike, thank you for your transparency.

Shaun

David5o

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:06 pm »
Shaun,

I have a feeling you maybe including me among those that would be offended by what you have said in your posting #08 ...hahaha!!. But you would in fact be ''very wrong'', in fact i agree with just about everything you have said here Shaun.

What i said in my previous posts, were based on the general aspirations of what this Forum stands for and is trying to achieve as a body. That being, to try and instill a decent level of honesty within both agencies and the Ladies themselves. Those that were arguing or attacking me couldn't seem to see the difference between Mike's personal decision to forgive and move on with his lady, and the points that i was making as a general statement of fact.

Throughout all my posts i belive that i showed my support to Mike and Jessica. And like you indicate above, he is, ...one of only a very few men here that has the strength of character to see past, and work through all the surprises that have been thrown at him, during his brief stay in China. I also believe i said that i don't consider Jessica is a bad person at all, circumstances got the better of her, which led to the situation in China coming to a head.... But we can't condone those circumstances!!!

I will as everyone here has done, as in wishing for a successful conclusion to Mike and Jessica's Journey. It may have started as a turbulent time, but that's no reason why the waters can't be calmed over time, and a true happiness can be found between them ...a long lasting one at that too!  Best of Luck to you Mike...

David.....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:35:27 pm by David5o »

shaun

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:13:17 pm »
Scott,

I hear you and you do have valid questions. The information Jessica is plausible too. Mike was the one who saw her face to face. He was the one who was able to see her reactions to him, how she responded when he asked her questions, how she struggled when she found out that he didn't have a job at this time; and she saw his reactions. Remember she was betrayed by the agency too. With all that has happened to her in her lifetime I can easily see how she is not trusting of anyone including the agency.

If I remember correctly she hid the fact that she was in Japan, then she old Mike that he could not come to Japan to see her. Finally toward the end she was open to discussing a future visit to Japan.  (Mike correct me if I am wrong.) To me that sounds like a woman who is afraid and then beginning to trust a person. For the most part I  base my opinion on the progression of the story, the rest is in what Mike conveyed to us. Anything else I might know would have to be conveyed to you by Mike.

In the final analysis we all take a risk each time we become interested in a woman. I don't care where you go you will find dishonest women. You cannot completely guarantee that you will not be hurt by a woman, but if you do not reach out and trust you will never find that woman you are so longing to have in your life either. It is that old "damned if you do and damned if you don't" theory.

Because of my beliefs and experiences I would believe her until she gave me reason not too. The Bible tells me to be wise a serpant but gentle as a dove.  I think Mike is practicing that very well.

Shaun

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »
What David and Scott said in their posts explain a lot of what is going on here.  While we all wish Mike and Jessica the best, the question I have is "Why on earth are they not dealing with this in private?"  It almost seems as there needs to be an crowd to witness the success or disaster from this trip.  This is an issue between two adults, I would think at this stage, their time and energy should be focused on establishing open and very honest communication.  Not about the past, not about who is dealing with the suitation better, but what is going on now between a man and woman.  To me this is a very intense issue and should be dealt with in private and have many very intimate communications between Mike and Jessica.  There have been many posts on the issue, Mike knows where we all stand on the relationship; he and Jessica need to work it out.   Of course this is just my thoughts on this subject.  .

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:16:16 pm »
Good luck Mike next week , wouldn't that be great for you ? That would put one big worry of Jessica's to rest . You Guy's need a few of those Plus's right now more then ever going both way's , to make the bond stronger and get to see her again sooner . I cross my Finger's for you and send a prayer your way . They alway's helped so far and will continue to do so .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 06:48:49 pm »
Glad to hear about the job prospect mate, hopefully thinks are starting to head upwards...:icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 08:09:58 pm »
Make sure your Alarm is set and if you happen to dream about Jessica , well that has to wait ... get up anyway . :icon_cheesygrin:
Hope to catch your answer before I leave for the Airport .

shaun

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 08:51:40 pm »
God's speed bro...

Will pray.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 02:00:18 am »
Good luck Mike
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS