Author Topic: My Trip , as it unfolds !  (Read 19891 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: My Trip , as it unfolds !
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 10:15:11 am »
Mike
you got my address, where's my parcel with the dumplings before I go:angel:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »
Oh no Rob, if you ever ate some of these dumpling you would never eat Kerens dumplings, uhh, ahmm, :blush:  you know what I mean right :angel:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Ed W

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='17129' dateline='1253350208'

It is scary, how many dumplings you can eat.  I have most defiantly been converted, and I haven't even tasted the fried ones yet!:icon_cheesygrin:

My wife would make them almost every day and what ever we didnt finish for breakfast, was fried and eaten for dinner. Maybe it's me or how my wife makes them but I've yet to lose any interest in eating dumplings. they're soooo good.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 07:58:24 pm »
I'm sorry to interrupt the Dumpling discussion . :icon_cheesygrin:

Yesterday was a super day for Qing and I and her little Boy TianChi . As the Sun finally came out and the Rain stopped . We got up early and went to the new " HAPPY VALLEY " amusement Park on the outer edge of Shanghai . Had to take a Taxi as this was the most convinent way to get there besides the Subway . We got there a little after 10am and had a blast on Rides all day till closing time . This was pretty much the first time we actually did something as a Family . I have never seen a seven year old be scared that much from some rides . The same goes for Qing , she could not handle the "WILD " ones .:s
Today Qing's Parent's are taking us out for Dinner , at one of the special and private Room place they alway's do .
After Breakfast , Qing and myself will climb the Huang Po Bridge , as it has stair's on both sides ... for a beautiful look at PuDong and the Bund .
Also looking forward to meet Sly tomorrow , after Breakfast we will take him to PuDong and up the new Financial Tower to take a Bird's eye view of the City . Then we go to Yu Yuan Garden for the Dumpling'
that all of China know's about the Xiaolongbao . Alway's a long line there but well worth it .
I will include some photo's from earlier and some from yesterday later .
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:04:32 pm by Arnold »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:56 am »
Arnold, now I know where the big smile comes from. But its a bad copy, Qing smiles far more lovely. :icon_cheesygrin: Really beautiful pictures!

Great to read that you enjoy your time. It must be fantastic to have Tian Chi with you. Unfortunatly we will have to wait until December to bring "our" boy to Denmark. I wish you all the best. It is always wonderful to read such great stories. Enjoy your trip!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

shaun

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 07:58:47 am »
Great pictures Arnold but what is that fruit looking thing in the 4th picture?

brett

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 08:34:24 am »
Sniff, sniff. I think they are Durians.

David5o

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 09:29:04 am »
Arnold,

Great pictures, and that one of the Durians, really brought back some memories from Hong Kong.. haha!!

Those bloody things used to stink the building out where i was first working in HK, every lunchtime the stall food traders congregated outside. As the building entrance was open, as it was also an Entrance to the MTR station and also had an open interior area up to the third floor.... the place absolutly stunk of the things, and mixed with the smells of other things cooking as well..lol!

They actually taste pretty good, but you need a peg on the nose to get close enough to eat them!! ...haha!! Can't think of any other fruit or veg with a stink as strong as those Durian things...lol!!

David.....

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2009, 12:03:40 pm »
David, I agree with you both on the God awful stink and that its very tasty, my wife introduced me to it in China and we were made to eat it out side, Hahaha !!!
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

David5o

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2009, 12:12:45 pm »
MLM,

I think a field is just about the best place to eat those bloody things, but very tasty just the same... hahaha!!

David....

Offline maxx

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2009, 01:09:52 pm »
I don't know how you guys could get passed the smell.I never could

David5o

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:25 pm »
Maxx,

With the peg mate, just don't use one with a strong spring!! ....haha!!

David.....

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 04:08:27 am »
Eheh, we finally did it ^^'
Even if the weather and the traffic was against us, we finally met :)
It was a real pleasure to meet you and your wife, Arnold, and to share very nice moments with you :)
Please don't say to other brothers that I am a mercenary because of my knife when we had to be checked before going to the highest tower in Shanghai, today ^^'
I hope we'll see again in Gz on the 26 September, even if it would be "short", on that day, to meet.
- Let's Rock -

Offline Peter

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 02:12:36 pm »
I Love Durian :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Last time I had as much as I wanted to eat because my Sister-in-Law and my wifes daughter also loves Durian. We shared 2 Durian's between us on just under 30 minutes....
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Arnold

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »
Well Guy's , today is check out time and Qing's ge-ge is going to take us to the Airport at 10 am . He has made reservations not only in Guangzhou for us , but also in Hong Kong too . Talking about having a wonderful borther in-law .
As yesterday was a great day meeting Sly , it was like I knew him too ... for a long long time . He is a very nice Gentleman and of course wish him that he will find in Lyian his Love that he is seeking .
Like he say'd , it was raining yesterday ,so it was kind of a shame not to be able to see the City at it's most beautiful view it has to offer .
Had a wonderful breakfast and of course we had the Dumpling's for Lunch and a very nice conversation just about everything from China to his daugther and family . Qing got him a Taxi and told the driver where to take him ( back to the hotel ) . If thing go right , we could meet again in GZ and maybe also with Chong . I will leave him a note , as soon as I get the name of the Hotel we're staying in .
I do have photo's of our meeting , but I do not have anough time to load them now . I nust thank the brotherhood , for letting me meet up with some of our great brother's that we really are .
So , I will report back .. ones settled in and as time allow's . Remember , we are alway's busy making Honey . Haha

Later Guy's , time for some breakfast .