Author Topic: meaning of visit  (Read 34606 times)

Offline mustfocus

RE: meaning of visit
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='29873' dateline='1264898730'

Hey Lee,

Welcome to the hood. Myself and Chong are the resident asians here. And I agree with what you said, take the paper but do not tell her.

For me, the first visit is about getting to know the person and then later visits engagement and marriage. Rushing things is always a bad idea, hence my first marriage.

Singer

What am I?  And I have a feeling Odysseus is as well...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:44 pm »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='29880' dateline='1264907157'

What am I?  And I have a feeling Odysseus is as well...

Don't forget me :huh: I am Cauc asian too.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:30:41 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

rockycoon

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 01:31:53 am »
Ni hao,  looks like shalala is a beautiful horse. She likes to run as you can tell by that tail.  How many hands is she?

Are you planning on living in China or the US. ???

I suggest hideing the papers, until you know for sure.  Stick em in the hotel safe for now, along with your passport.  Also, you can do what scottish rob does and that's let the lady's pick you up.  If it works for a scottsman it's gotta work for you to....ha :icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 01:49:57 am »
be prepared and bring with you

Offline Lee357

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:55 am »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='29892' dateline='1264919513'

Ni hao,  looks like shalala is a beautiful horse. She likes to run as you can tell by that tail.  How many hands is she?

Are you planning on living in China or the US. ???

I suggest hideing the papers, until you know for sure.  Stick em in the hotel safe for now, along with your passport.  

Ni hao rockycoon zaoshang hao,
She is 15 hands and yes she does love to run. I think I will take advise from every body and take the papers, but I won't be staying in a hotel. I will be staying with friends while I am there. Instead I think I will give them to my friend to hold on to. My lady wants to meet me at the airport but since I will be flying into Hong Kong then taking the ferry over and my friends will meet me there so she wont be able to. I will be meeting her the next morning. My Lady told me that her parents will be with us on the first day and will be staying with her for the first 3 days of my visit. I don't mind telling you that I am not happy about that but it is the way it is. Stubborn Lady she is. I think finally she is starting to acert herself a little bit. Sign she is comfortable with the relationship? Who knows what the hell these Ladies are thinking.

I am going to live in China if we get married for the first year maybe year and a half, but then we will move back. That being said if we hit it off and end up getting married and that is a big if at this point. I will still have to come back and change my visa status and set things in order here in the states before I will be able to go and stay In China.

I have a question for you all, Has anybody ever looked into bringing a Lady over to your country to meet her? I know it is a big hassle to get a visa to the states but how about other countries? I think I already know the answer to this but others opinion would be interesting. I think going over there is better regardless of visa because if it doesn't work out you can always meet another Lady while you are there. So, what I am really asking is more about visa restrictions in other countries.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:01:27 am by Lee357 »
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »
Quote from: 'Lee357' pid='29987' dateline='1265018935'

I have a question for you all, Has anybody ever looked into bringing a Lady over to your country to meet her? I know it is a big hassle to get a visa to the states but how about other countries? I think I already know the answer to this but others opinion would be interesting. I think going over there is better regardless of visa because if it doesn't work out you can always meet another Lady while you are there. So, what I am really asking is more about visa restrictions in other countries.

Not even worth the hassle of trying to get a Tourist Visa to Australia for a single Chinese lady...they would never allow it. This has been tried many, many times but for us...an impossible task !!!!

If I meet a lady and decide to marry her, then I can make the usual application for her to come here on a fiance visa.....much the same as USA and Europe.

Once the application for a Fiance visa has been completed and submitted...then they will grant a 3 month Tourist visa for her to come and see the place. But she must NOT be in Australia when her Fiance Visa is issued...she must return home to pick it up !!!!.....drives you to tears doesn't it !!!!

DavidE

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 05:31:04 pm »
i do beleive it is almost if not impossible also for the states for
your lady to get a visa for tourist.  unless she was part of a tour
from China with a large group.

ttwjr32

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40:15 am »
why return home to pick it up? doesnt make sense?
i dont think you can get that for the usa   unless she
is part of a tour group

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 06:34:21 am »
For Canada she has to be part of a tour group. She could not get a tourist visa otherwise. I don't know about student visas. Here in Canada there is also paperwork you have to sign  for you to get a visa for your wife that if she ends up leaving you (bolts) and ends up on the social welfare system within the first three years any money the government pays out comes right off your check. Thats just for the first three years. As a further note, for citizenship in Canada she has to be in the country for 1000 days, about three years (maybe it was about 1200 I don't remember exactly). Any time back home or for vacations out of the country has to be made up afterward. IE you have a visit back home to see the parents in China for 60 days this 60 days gets tacked on to the 1000, it then becomes 1060 days. Several coleagues of mine had foreign wives and were a wealth of information on things that I didn't know. Whatever the situation, don't be afraid to ask. If you have to, write it down so you don't forget to ask. I have to do this. I was always interrogating the guys I worked with about their situation. I'm sure that they may have even thought I was getting too personal at times too, I may have done this unintentionally. Best of luck to you Lee.

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:44:40 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

ttwjr32

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 10:55:19 am »
to find out in this jumbled mess of imigration you just need to keep asking
people who have experienced it first hand Bee . not sure of the canadian process
but the usa process seems like a lot of double talk when you read it. hell i might
just end up staying in china happy as i am than go thru all the mess to go home
for a few years

Offline Lee357

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 02:18:41 pm »
update to all my brothers and sisters on here,
I can wait no longer so I have confirmed my visa as a 12 month multi entry and have bought more plane tickets and am leaving tonight to see my Lady. I will not be posting while there sorry but I will update upon my return. I will be there for 13 days this time and still will be returning there in july for a longer visit 60 days as approved by the consulate in San Fransisco due to my repeated visits to their great country. :icon_cheesygrin: wish me luck as this will be the first time I have visited my Lady in person. wow what a whilwind of emotions.
I remember the advise "expect nothing, and the forever valuable 24 hr rule" Thanks guys for helping me out to this point. You may never know how much it has meant to me.
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »
Best of luck Lee...MOST IMPORTANT....ENJOY YOURSELF:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 06:31:42 pm »
what part is lee going to? shenzhen area? didnt see that in the posts

Offline Lee357

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:39 pm »
Update! This is Lee's roomate Kevin. He just called and asked me to get on here and give an update. He is having a great time and has found the one. Will be getting married on his next trip. He is in qounqing? not to sure of the spelling I know it is a northern city quite large. He called it a first level city what ever that means. He will be able to fill in more when he returns after the new year there. He is spending the holiday with his Lady and her family. I think that is all he wanted me to let you know. If not he will fill you in later.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:03:35 am by Lee357 »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 09:55:08 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update.  I believe the city Lee is mentioning is Chongqing.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen