Author Topic: meaning of visit  (Read 34611 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: meaning of visit
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 09:55:11 pm »
thank you kevin...

Offline Lee357

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »
Ok have this phone fiqured out now. This is lee sorry to have to have my roomate post for me but I have been a little busy. So this is the one and we are very much in love. Lucky me I got one on the first try. I will be leaving for home in 5 days. To soon I will say that. When I get back I will post pictures the internet here is very troublesome. I got this phone but since it is with att it is very expensive to use here. The 24 hour rule has been a life saver thank who wver thought it up. Gotto go dad is taking me to meet his friends from down the street.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:04:31 am by Lee357 »
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »
Lee -- congrats on everything working out and we all cant
          wait to see your pictures of your stay

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 09:50:57 pm »
Hey Lee, good to hear.  Hopefully you can fill us in on the details of why you had to use the 24 hour rule.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline maxx

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 12:16:27 am »
Yeah what mustfocus said.Now I'm curios to.And your welcome.

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 08:03:19 am »
Good on ya mate!
Grats to you both!
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

trwme

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:22 am »
Ok I missed it...what's the 24 hour rule?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:46 am »
/facepalm
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:19 am »
Maxx, it is your rule.  You tell him.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 03:14:27 pm »
Maxx...Mods

Can you please put the 24 hour rule onto somewhere that you must read to agree to coming into this site?...Or put it onto IMPORTANT INFOR MATION.  :icon_biggrin:

twrme this is not aimed at you ok brother...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:15:29 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Vince G

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »
From the head of Maxx -

Maxx's 24 HOUR RULE LIVE IT LOVE IT LEARN IT 24 hour rule says. No matter what crazy thing your women says to you. In a letter webcam chat or on the phone. You are not to comment on it for 24 hours.

24 hours gives you a chance to slow down to think about what the lady said. It also gives you a chance to post the question or situation here. Where the other members can discuss it amongest them selves. After 24 hours you will have a much better idea how to reply to the lady.

24 hour rule works good as long as the members remember to use it. 9 out of 10 times it is just a missed communication between the lady and the man Or a difference in custom and culture.

Offline Lee357

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »
Ok, just got home and what a visit it was. First time I have been in China for the lunar new years. What a hoot it was. I got an education on the traditional stories about why they do the things they do on each day.  I was going to stay for 13 days but my lady had to return to work today or yesterday depending on which time zone I am in. I have a little jet lag going on right now. I will definitely be getting married on my next visit. I got her parents blessing this visit and accomplished the traditional matchmaker ceremony. That was a big pain in my arse I can tell you. I had no idea I was going to have to get a third party to introduce us then write a proposal on a piece of paper for this “matchmaker” to present to the parents and to my lady. Very formal thing, but what a party after it was all done. The Chinese really know how to throw a party. I have no idea what was in the drinks her dad kept giving me but I will tell you I was so drunk I actually started to see 3 of everything. My Lady was a trooper and stayed by my side the whole time and shielded me from most of the prying questions from dads’ friends once they got me drunk. She got offended a couple of times due to a few things I said while drunk and really ripped into me about it the next day. This is when the 24 hour rule came in handy (once again thank you Maxx). I did not respond to her onslaught until the next day and it turned out that while drunk my mandarin is not as accurate as it is when I am sober. The things that she was so upset over were more of a bad speaking issue than an intention thing. Dad thought it was funnier than shit. I was not prepared for how everything is played out right in front of the parents. After the whole argument was over dad took me out for Tea and explained to me how to avoid such issues in the future. I was amassed how much the solution was so much alike the way my dad always told me how to deal with women. My new Chinese dad told me that if she thinks I am wrong ; she is always right, just say I am sorry and that I love her enough to not do it again, if she is wrong then she is still right and I should say that I am sorry and I love her enough to never do it again. Sound familiar to advice any of us have ever gotten before. So now for my impression of my Lady and her profile pictures, emails, emf mail, etc. I think that she is the same person in all but the first 3 emfs. They were written by the translator for sure. She still tells me that she told the translator the idea of what she wanted but she did not know exactly what was written in the first 3 emfs. After that she actually wrote the rest, and after comparing what I received and the actual letters she wrote there is not much difference in them, a few words here and there, but in general the same letters. Now for the pictures; they were of her but heavily doctored. First thing is that they really lightened her skin tone. Apparently lighter skin is considered more appealing in China. I knew all of this before I went from our web cam sessions but in person it is still a little different than even on web cam. Other than that she is exactly what I expected. The relationship has defiantly changed now that she is sure that we will be getting married. She is in charge now there is now doubt about that. I am allowed the allusion that I still am in charge of our relationship and of how things from now on will go, but I know that I am not. I suggested a few things about the upcoming wedding and was promptly put in my place by my love and our mom. Dad told me to start just doing a lot of smiling and nodding my head. He told me to learn to be supportive and keep my mouth shut because they are only asking my opinion to allow me to save face in front of others not because they really want my opinion. What a riot this whole thing is. Dad is going to pay for half of this whole thing so that is a good thing. My Lady lives in Zhuhai and we will be getting married in Chongqing. So mother is going to be getting things prepared with input from my lady and none from me apparently. I am having so much fun with this. Dad and I have become very close so far, I really like him we have more in common than I would have thought considering the difference in culture. I think that is enough for now if you all have questions I will answer them if I can as I said I no longer am privy to most things concerning the wedding. I will post a picture of my lady in the next couple of days as she has only approved one for public display. I am so whipped it is pathetic.     :blush:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:09:57 am by Lee357 »
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

rockycoon

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »
Sounds like your dad is really cool..:icon_cool:  that's the kind of dad I would want.
And yes your WHIPPED.  Guess we know who will wear the pants in that family, looks like you'll both
be shopping in the "mens" section at wall mart....hahaha:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Idea, buy an apron at wall mart, so you won't get any water on
you when your washing the dishes....haha
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:20:06 pm by rockycoon »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 09:31:13 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='32267' dateline='1266805099'

What I like about Chinese women - WHAT I REALLY LIKE - is that when they take charge they TAKE CHARGE and that means the men stay out of the kitchen.

I have never been so pampered ever and still get my orange and apple and even my grapes peeled for me.  But when it comes to running the home then I am definately in my place out of the kitchen.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Lee357

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 09:38:05 pm »
And yes your WHIPPED.  Guess we know who will wear the pants in that family, looks like you'll both
be shopping in the "mens" section at wall mart....hahaha:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Hey now I was not allowed in the kitchen, something about not my place or something like that.
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='32269' dateline='1266805873'

What I like about Chinese women - WHAT I REALLY LIKE - is that when they take charge they TAKE CHARGE and that means the men stay out of the kitchen.

I have never been so pampered ever and still get my orange and apple and even my grapes peeled for me.  But when it comes to running the home then I am definately in my place out of the kitchen.

Willy

I am glad my pain can give joy to someone. :icon_cheesygrin: