Author Topic: Birth Announcement......!!!!  (Read 17161 times)

Offline Chong

Re: Birth Announcement......!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 08:52:05 am »
Well done. The wait was certainly worth it in the end. Enjoy your new life together 'down under'. Hope Ming has an happy 'going away' party. There'll be lots of tears and joy for her new life abroad.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 09:33:54 am »
Congrats you two, I hope you enjoy the Visa and make sure to nurture it into something very happy!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:16 am »
What can I say that already has'nt been said...Congrats to you both I hope your 'little' addition' will make you the happiest couple ever... ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Iceland

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:42 am »
Congratulation!!!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 10:47:46 am »
 ;) I love the creativity of your announcement. Best of fortunes nurturing your future life together. I am glad a C section was not needed and delivery was natural.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Axiom

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 07:02:56 pm »
Glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy!  Best of luck to the new family!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 07:33:17 pm »
Excellent news.  Make sure you look after your baby Visa well, while it travels across the ocean.  Congrats to the both of you to your new life together.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »
Awesome news David.  Congratulations!  I hope you'll continue to visit us from time to time. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 08:28:47 pm »
Thanks for all your good wishes guys....much appreciated.... ;D ;D

As you may imagine, the pace picks up about now, we are in a high frenzy preparation mode !!!

Target date for Ming to come to Perth is July 3rd and she has got a Heck of a lot to do before then !!!

As for me, I need to do a few minor things around the house, but its all about done already.

I am trying to persuade her to send many things by surface mail, so she does not have to be without any of her favourite stuff....but we struck a small problem when i told her she can send stuff "by sea"....she immediately responded..."no I cant, Chengdu has not sea " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....gotta love 'em dont you  ;D ;D

Neil...of course I want to keep in touch after "the event" because one of the most important topics here is from Arnold.."Qings arrival and beyond"....I dont think we have enough info published about "after visa" and I know Maxx and Martin caution us that after arrival, the "real " work of building a relationship starts....

I am sure that there will be many challenges after Ming gets here and for newbies to share in some of these issues is always useful (was for me anyway)

And if I might steal a few words from the Immortal Winston Churchill...

"This may not be the beginning of the end...but it is surely the end of the beginning" !!!

My only problem at the moment is devising a plan to prevent the bathroom becoming a laundry space every day for female undies !!!!!!...but I guess I will cope somehow

Cheers...David

ps...Willy

How am I ever going to explain to a Chinese woman that I must sit for 5 days in front of the Tele watching every ball of a cricket Test Match !!!....that is if ever an Australian Test Team can last for 5 days against anyone in the near future !!...but maybe "ponce" Clark can do a "(Kent) superman" trick and haul us out of the mire ????
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:36:29 pm by David E »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 08:37:22 pm »
My only problem at the moment is devising a plan to prevent the bathroom becoming a laundry space every day for female undies !!!!!!...but I guess I will cope somehow

Is this what they mean by the land down Under:o
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Philip

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 10:34:06 pm »
Congratulations David,
you could write a book on the power of positive perserverance. Don't worry about women's underwear. If Ming is anything like my wife, neither women's nor men's underwear ever stays on the floor for more than a few seconds before they are whisked off to be handwashed, and hung up to dry. This is not a problem (unless you are wearing the aforementioned undies at the time).

Offline halfpint

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 12:19:49 am »
Congratulations to both of you, absolutely wonderful news.  I wish you both a very happy future together.  I do hope you continue to share your experience, it helps us all keep going.  Have fun!!!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 01:35:21 am »
My only problem at the moment is devising a plan to prevent the bathroom becoming a laundry space every day for female undies !!!!!!...but I guess I will cope somehow []

Haha .. don't even try ! It's hanging there on a daily bases , so it's not only the water in the Shower that gets HOT ! :P

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 04:16:39 am »
Ok, Ok.....

The "undie" problem is a lot more complex that you all realise (with the exception of fellow Sandgropers)......

Here in Western Australia we are always short of water, we basically live in a desert and have low (and getting lower) annual rainfall.

We are hammered by our Govt. always to conserve water...and if we dont...it is bloody expensive !!!!

Most of us here have a habit of wearing clean undies every day (apart from a few Poms who change their undies and shower once a week... ;D ;D)  , and we save all our dirty clothes etc for a once a week journey in the washing machine......saves water.

I know that Chinese Women wash everything, every day, and somehow I will gently need to change this habit...or she will have to go out to work to pay for the water !!!

I also see in the hotel when we are together that Ming takes 10 minutes to clean her teeth...and leaves the tap running whilst she does it !!!

All of this "habit" pattern will need to be discussed...Heaven knows how that will go down !!! I tried to talk about it many times when we are together, but it is not possible for a Chinese mind to compute anything other than water comes out of a tap...forever, in unlimited quantities, for free....period !!!!

Groan........

David

Offline Philip

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 08:29:51 am »
Yes David, I understand, but it is her you have to convince, not us. Who's to say if in a few months' time she is not sitting by your pool with a washboard and a few friends, washing your smalls and chewing the cud, while you enjoy your nice big bubble bath?