Author Topic: Birth Announcement......!!!!  (Read 17159 times)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Re: Birth Announcement......!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 08:38:46 am »
tell her the water is worse than in China, you can not just drink it straight away.  I told Xia that we drink the water straight from the tap as it is and she could not comprehend that we do not boil or filtrate water.  I am going to have to watch the usage as well as she is another 10 minute tap on full teeth washer too.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »
Yes David, I understand, but it is her you have to convince, not us. Who's to say if in a few months' time she is not sitting by your pool with a washboard and a few friends, washing your smalls and chewing the cud, while you enjoy your nice big bubble bath?

Philip...I have just developed a very large headache contemplating your theory......................along with washing lines full of laundry strung across my Courtyard like spiders webs !!!!!

Jase....maybe we should fill up some old empty water bottles and "pretend" that this is the only water we can use...tap water is too poisonous !!!...or would that be too deceitful... ::) ::)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 06:15:48 pm »
Whatever you decide , there must be something in that Perth water , see attached ,
                                                                                    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-identity-of-Vancouver-8217-s-famous-kissing?urn=nhl-wp7436             
                                             , congrats David , have you been training the Jones boy , regards Robert and Sujuan .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 10:50:45 pm »
The water problem is going to be a tough Nut to crack for you . I see Qing wash her personal's every single day of the year and let me tell you .. I am listening to the water run at 80% for .. what seems for an hour . Wash .. wash .. wash and then comes the Rinse which is even worse . I am surprised the colors don't come out of it all . I just safe what "I" can , so she can do what she does . I learned how to life with it .

Offline halfpint

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 10:57:59 pm »
Just one of the issues I hope to have to get through.  A little wasted water would be just fine with me right now.  Love that picture of the couple kissing, what an incredible shot!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline zook144

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:04 pm »
David, I would like to add my congratulations to you and Ming! Others have covered most everything,  but I will wish you both a long and happy life together.

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 12:53:10 am »
Good for you David, I guess the journey will really begin in earnest now. Do you have any Chinese friends that can help Ming settle in and get around any frustrations?
All the best mate,
Peter, from the best side of Australia!
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Paul

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 02:04:19 am »
Great thread, love the camaraderie on this website. Congratulations David.

Peter, I didn't know there was a best side of Australia? I suppose it is all relative though.

As Rob Muldoon (ex NZ PM, 75-84) said; the influx of New Zealanders into Australia has risen the IQ level on both sides of the Tasman.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:57 am »
No Peter, I dont have any Chinese friends here, but Ming has been corresponding by email with quite a few Chinese Women in Perth who originally came from her home Town of Chengdu.

She plans to meet up with them once she gets here.

Although some of the stuff they talk about is basically clinging desperately to their previous life and I hope this does not get in the way of Ming's sucessful integration into Australian life, customs and culture.

Regretfully, there are some parts of her previous life that will need to be forgotten because many things here are different.....but softly, softly catchee mousee !!!!!

They all tell her about the real cheap meat and vegies at the Canningvale Markets...and I would never buy anything from there...it is all second and third grade rubbish which the Perth Chinese people fight over !!!

They also told her to bring many, many clothes,shoes etc etc because she will never find anything of her size in the shops...bull sh#t !!!

So although I support any interaction she has with Chinese women when she arrives, I know that they will tend to feed her rubbish and I dont want her confused by their "half-truths"

Once she's had a few barbies and a couple of coldies...I am sure she will be OK   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 06:01:35 am »
David, Tell me how successful you are at getting her drunk at a barbie. I would love to see that. I guess because they are so shy and conservative, Chinese ladies would be funny to see let loose. I admire your optimism and had a great laugh at your strategy,
Peter
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 06:00:22 pm »
Small Update

Ming has booked her ticket and leaves Chengdu on July 3rd at 5.00 pm. She will arrive in Perth (via Singapore) at 0630 on 4th July...and what a red-letter day that will be...it seems such a long time of waiting, but now it is nearly over !!

The Chengdu Post Office is sending some people round to her apartment today...she just points out which items need packing and they put them into surface pack containers and send them off...I cant see our Post Office doing anything like that !!

FYI...she made enquiries about the IOM assisted Migrant flights and found out that all airlines will grant a first time migrant a baggage allowance of 40 kilos. She needed to show her Aus. visa to the airline and was granted 40 kilos with S'pore Airlines......I dont know if this applies to all countries...but worth checking out....so now she has decided to bring her golf clubs with her as part of her baggage !!!!!!!!

She has never played a round of golf in her life (too expensive) but has done a lot of driving on the driving range. When I bought my home there was a complimentary membership of the Golf Club that backs onto the house...so she can play on a real golf course for free....probably I will become a golf-widower  :( :(

Last job she has is to sell her car....we plan to put the proceeds into her Chinese Pension fund, which will represent about 5 years contributions........if all goes pear- shaped in that time, she will have her Chinese pension for the future. If we are still in married bliss after 5 years, she will be an Aus Citizen and will get the Aus Pension if she needs it.

As they say...P.P.P.P.P.....

ps...Peter.....one sip of my home-made beer and she will be fuly relaxed  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:02:23 pm by David E »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 06:45:44 pm »
OOOOH..Paul

EVERYBODY knows that "West is Best" !!!!!

And I will keep very quiet on the subject of the vast flood of economic refugees from across the Tasman...its not good for my blood pressure .........

....will the last person to leave New Zealand please feed the sheep before you go.......
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:49:32 pm by David E »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »

....will the last person to leave New Zealand please feed the sheep before you go.......

Ewe joking .... right?  :o
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Paul

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:00 pm »

Ewe joking .... right?  :o

I think he's trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 10:27:54 am »
Well I hope there wont be much 'Fleecing' going on.

Nice to know that you will have something else to celebrate on the 4th. Other thAN MY BIRTHDAY.
Willy 
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,