Author Topic: Changsha again  (Read 14951 times)

Offline Peter

Changsha again
« on: July 11, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »
Well my brothers... It is time to go back and finally make my dream come through. One week from now I will be a married man again and have a lovely beautiful Chinese wife.
I will try to update you all when ever I can but as we are planning to travel this time I am not sure when I can.
This will be quite odd because we will appear in a commercial for the agency that will be showed on Female Channel in China. I will take it from the beginning:
One month ago I got a suggestion from Mr Tang. He told me that he wanted to do a commercial. He asked me if I thought it will be OK. He told me that he will sponsor our wedding. The deal is that a camera crew will do some interview with both me and Tina. They will then shoot the whole wedding and mix this together with some video I have made of my apartment. Mr Tang will pay for the whole wedding except for the food. Tina and I discussed it and finally told him that we would do it. My LaoPoa works as a business woman so she took care of the negotiations.  
Two days ago she went to the TV-building to do an interview. Yesterday we had web cam together from the TV-building and the took a short film from it.
On Monday I will land in Changsha if I make it. The problem is that I only have 1 hour to catch my next flight and I am a little bit afraid that I wouldn't make it. All this problems comes from the Flue.
If I make it there will be a big reception when I landed. The crew is going to shoot more film when I step out so I guess the other passengers will ask them self what kind or famous movie star was this white guy on the plane and why is he kissing and hugging a Chinese woman while they are taking it all on a film.
I wish someone could take a film of the other people in the airport just so I can see their faces. I guess it will be as close as I can come from 5 minutes of fame....
The schedule for next week is still something I haven't got a clue about. Tina just say that everything is taken care of. I know that there will be more filming and more photos taken. I have leaned that I should bring a big book to read when we are taking our wedding photos...
As I understand they are filming the whole wedding so it would be nice to get a video from all this. I doubt that it could be more professional than this. By the way I have learned that a small wedding in China is 80 guests...

If everything goes as planned we will travel to Zhangjiajie ( excuse my bad spelling ) next Sunday.
So tomorrow I will start my trip by taking my car to Copenhagen. Then next leg will be to London. Finally I will leave London for Hong Kong tomorrow evening.
I will try to update when I can.

Peter a.k.a I Spy
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:32:53 pm by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Ed W

RE: Changsha again
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 03:02:46 pm »
Good Luck ISpy!! Where's the blog?
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:33:37 pm »
Good Luck Peter.  I hope everything goes exactly as planned.  Our thoughts are with you Brotha.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:26:17 pm »
Great story Peter good luck to the both of you....:icon_biggrin:

Offline Philip

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »
Peter, if there are any decorations left after your wedding, don't throw them away. I could use them in October. Haha
Have a wonderful time and make sure you experience every moment, forgetting the cameras and all the fuss surrounding you.
Best wishes
Alex

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 06:43:14 pm »
I guess I will say good luck now. You must be leaving soon? So good luck and PHOTOS PLEASE.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 07:18:46 pm »
Ha.  Vince is right, with all the success stories of late, there's a distinctive lack of photos!
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:08:12 pm »
To Peter and Ting , have a great wedding , I am sure Mr Tang will look after you both , as he is a very honourable man , but still a business man , enjoy the days ahead .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:32:55 pm »
Peter, I wish you both good luck, have fun and enjoy the day, oh and welcome to the married mens club Haha !!!
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Nad

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 07:24:35 am »
Hi Peter,
All the best for your wedding and future movie career, it is really up lifting to hear of the positive stories coming out of Changsha.
All the best.
Alan and Qen.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 07:38:53 am »
Peter, I wish you all the best and will cross my fingers for you to have your flight in time once you'll land and have to pass some exams...
1h should be enough, in fact... because once there, controls/checkups are quite quick...

So, enjoy your trip ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 12:47:42 pm »
I'm beginning to stress about my flight, I have a 20 minute stopover in Hong Kong before leaving for Guangzhou.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 01:03:16 pm »
Relax Neil Hong Kong is really easy to get threw.You are going to have to hurry up a little bit if you have only 20 minutes between flights.But otherwise I wouldn't worry.

If you do miss the flight just go to the help desk they can scehdule another one for you.Or you can take the bus or the train to Guanzghou.Make sure yo have your ladies phone # or your ladies translater phone #.If you do happen to miss the flight.ou can call them and let them know you are going to be a little late.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:05 am »
Neil.
I don't know what to say, but as I can easily remember, my fligth at Beijing was at 01:10 am and I went there at 01:00 am thanks to a driver :D
in 5-7 mins, I did all (check-in, check-up, and so on) and ran up to the boarding queue.. 10 mins later, the plane landed off...
I wish you would have enough time as I had ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:13:05 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Peter

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:51 pm »
Well brothers.. I owe you a big update...
This trip didn't start too well.... My flight to London was without any problems but then it all started.. Sitting in Heathrow and waiting for the flight isn't very funny. When you flight is expected to come up with a gate number and you could go to the gate is so much better... In my case there wasn't any gate number coming up, just Wait.. After another 30 minutes the sign was still telling me to Wait. Then there was a new message telling the gate will open later... As you all know I had only 1 hour between my flights so I was getting really nervous.. A new message came up when the gate number was supposed so show up telling me to wait again. After 2 hours and still no gate number we was called to Cathay's desk and was told that there was some kind of problem with the aircraft. The staff told us that we can get a meal while we was waiting. I already knew that I wasn't coming to Changsha on my scheduled time so I send a text message to Tina about this and also one to WenWen, our translator. I think that those messages did,t come through..
After 6 hours delay we finally left London. Sorry you guys from London but I was very pleased about finally leaving London. The captain told us that there had been some hydraulic problems that they had to repair. Finally I came to Hong Kong...
In the airport they told me that I had been booked on the next flight to Changsha but the problem was that there wasn't any flight the same day so I had to wait until 16.40 next day. I also got a couple of text messages from Tina asking me where I was. I understood that she never got my messages from London. When I was supposed to land in Changsha I was still in the air 4 hours from Hong Kong...I got a hotel room and free meals but all I want to get was a flight to Changsha as soon as possible. I tried to contact Tina that I will come the next day instead. After spending the night and half the next day on the hotel I finally got off to Changsha.
After the health check, made by 4 martians, I finally got off and after clearing the customs and immigration I came into the entrance hall but no Tina and no crew from TV.. Immediately I was offered a Taxi but refused. There was a couple of taxi drivers that asked me but i said that I was to be picked up by someone.. They almost gave me the bad eye..
I tried to call Tina and after a few tries I got her on the phone. She said she was on the way and soon be there. Just a couple of minutes later the crew from TV arrives and started to talk to me because I was the only one still at the terminal.
We went inside again because it was hot even if it was 7 o'clock in the evening. Short after my Lao Poa arrives together with her sister and finally I got to hold her in my arms again. The TV crew had a short interview on the airport before we all went to the cars to go to Changsha. It takes about 30 minutes from the airport to the center of the town. You should have seen the taxi drivers faces when I first was interviewed by TV and then went to a police car to take the ride to Changsha. Tinas sisters husband is a police officer and he got a big police car to pick me up..
Finally we arrived to the apartment Tina has rented for our stay. It is just one block away from the river with the view to the river. Really nice apartment with a western toilet and shower with our own warm water boiler. I was very tired so we got to sleep immediately.
The next day we went to register our marriage and to get the Red book. This took about 45 minutes to be married again..
After the registration we went to a restaurant for a Hot Pot.   Martin have his Dumplins but I have my Hot Pot..
The day after we had our 4 hours of fame.. The wedding photos session.. It really took 4 hours shooting both outdoors in the heat and indoors in a studio. I guess I lost about 2 liters during this and all of the night I dreamed about " Smile Peter, smile"..
Later the TV-crew came back for a longer interview, about 1 hour long. They was very pleased when it was done so now they will show up at the wedding. An hour later a friend of Tina came to visit us. She is also looking for a love on the Internet but prefers a man from Sweden, sorry guys.. I guess they are trying to stick together or maybe since I am the "perfect man" they think that every man from Sweden is just like me LOL
The days have been really busy.. Today is our wedding day so we will leave to go to a hotel later today and at 6 the big thing is beginning. It will be about 80 guests which is a small wedding in China. I will try to update you as soon as I can but can't say today when it is going to happen. I can only say that Changsha this time of the year is very hot, between 35 and 40 degrees. Thanks for the invention of the air condition..
Peter
Peter
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:25:24 pm by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove