Author Topic: My first trip to Changsha  (Read 14052 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: My first trip to Changsha
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 01:30:52 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='21096' dateline='1256586765'

Why get so mad at the stares?  They are not being rude, they are just curious. It just takes getting a little used to it.  If your lady saw you getting mad at the stares I would think that would hurt her feelings and make her think you do not like Chinese people.  My wife said as much to me.  I just made one comment on it. She said she was glad I did not mind as they are just curious, not being rude.  Now I thought the stares i got when with Qingqing were priceless.

I became accustomed to stares at an early age in my life - i suppose it was one of the pains of having been born so beautiful!!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:
:icon_cool:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:32:05 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Andy

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 11:22:51 pm »
I am smiling away just like you do. Haha... sometimes you can see them trying not to stare. Anyway I am having a good time with my lady. Yesterday she took me some walking streets that foreginers like to visit and then we took some pictures there. Then she took me to some streets that I am sure not many tourist seen. It was like stepping back in time. Street vendors everywhere and the streets are crowed. People selling food everywhere and the smell of the air is hard to describe. I still get the stares, but I am hardly take notice when I am with her. I try some popular food and of course it was really spicy. It was good but my stomack did not enjoyed it much. I had to refuse to eat dog meat. Haha I am not that brave. She seems to have a problem that I look so young for my age and that I am too slim. I can change the slim problem, but I can't change how young I look. I will have to talk about this things with her today. She have to accept me as I am.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:31:04 pm by Andy »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 11:43:43 pm »
Wow Andy, you two look awesome together.  

Don't be too concerned about her trying to fatten you up or change you.  Her comments are just meant to show her genuine interest in you, that she cares for you.  Take it as a compliment.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline seagull

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 11:52:46 pm »
Nice photos Andy. You look like you have a gem there.

Offline Andy

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 09:24:55 am »
We had another great day today and she is starting to warm up to me a little bit more. She came to my apartment with the translator and two of her friends so I was taken care of by four beatiful ladies. First we went to have lunch and we ate a very delicious fish soup and I enjoyed the gabbage too. The ladies allways kept my plate full of food. All the ladies spoke very good english accept my girl. She will start to study english soon, but there is a shortage of engilsh teachers so the classes are not cheap. Then we went to a huge park and walked for hours. All the ladies felt tired from all the walking so we took a taxi back to my apartment. Here is a new picture from today.

brett

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 11:23:00 am »
Wow, she is exotically beautiful. Is your lady eating like a horse like mine was? God almighty it was amazing how much food fitted into that teeny body of hers.

That bit about an English teacher shortage - wow, that's exactly what some of my fellow brothers need to hear!

Offline seagull

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 12:13:03 pm »
Nice picture of Andy and the ladies walking in the park. Is it an overcast day? Or is the pollution really that bad that it makes the sky always look that grey?

brett

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 12:25:56 pm »
Wuhan and Yichang were like that. Some of it is pollution. But mostly it is water vapour - Asia is for the most part warm and humid. After heavy overnight rain I found that the next morning everything in Wuhan was grey - it was like I had a monochrome camera :dodgy:.

Offline Peter

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 12:36:06 pm »
Great to see the photos Andy... It brings back a lot of memories to me :icon_biggrin: Changsha doesn't seems to be very hot regarding to your photos. When I was there in June it was very hot and humid so it was not so pleasant to be walking around. It was better in April...
I know that you will have a real good time and don't forget to eat "Hot Pot".. It is my favorite food and it isn't very spicy. The dumplins are also very good and if you dare try the Stinky Toru too :icon_cheesygrin:
Like the rest said: Just have a good time
PS Welcome to the Changsha Fan Club DS

Peter
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline heckerd

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 04:23:56 pm »
If you want exotic food in Changsha there's a place to eat snake. You have to be there early or they run out plus they limit the amount of snake you can have per table if i remember right. Your lady should know as I its well know by the locals.

shaun

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 05:25:54 pm »
My plan whenever I get there is to say, "Buenos Dias."

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 08:02:34 pm »
Great updates Andy, you lady is rather stunning I have to say, but you already know that I'm sure!
Really enjoying reading your account, keep the updates and pic coming.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »
Quote from: 'heckerd' pid='21272' dateline='1256761436'

If you want exotic food in Changsha there's a place to eat snake. You have to be there early or they run out plus they limit the amount of snake you can have per table if i remember right. Your lady should know as I its well know by the locals.

What style do they cook it over there?  We have snake here, although it's usually mixed into soup or congee.

In-Jaul
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Andy

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »
Thanks for the replyes, more coming soon, but today my lady has to work and we will only meet up on the evening. One of her friends will keep me company today until then. It is almost always overcast, but I think the pollution is a big factor for all the grey you see. I do miss the blue sky from home.  Bigbutt thanks for the help with english school, maybe our ladies can enroll in the same class. :) I had the hot pot, the dumplins, stinky toru, but I was not brave enough to try the snake. Not yet. My lady can eat a lot, but she is holding back on the intake, because she is getting fat. I told her that she is just perfect, but I do not think she listened. :) I miss her...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:15:29 pm by Andy »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 12:19:18 am »
Great read - terrific pictures - yes she is a beauty. Best wishes for the rest of your trip.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances