Author Topic: My first trip to Changsha  (Read 14054 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: My first trip to Changsha
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
I am enjoying the updates!  Keep it up, and have a great trip.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 01:13:16 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='21274' dateline='1256765154'

My plan whenever I get there is to say, "Buenos Dias."

Hey Shaun, don't you know that means: "who the f##k are you looking at", in Chinese! Ha ha ha....................
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

shaun

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 05:01:37 am »
Quote from: 'Johnboy' pid='21306' dateline='1256793196'
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='21274' dateline='1256765154'
My plan whenever I get there is to say, "Buenos Dias."

Hey Shaun, don't you know that means: "who the f##k are you looking at", in Chinese! Ha ha ha....................

Well????  :angel:   If the shoe fits?
John your a bad boy.

Andy, what a trip and what a woman.  Make the most of it and I hope your trip there exceeds your dreams.

Shaun
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:02:39 am by shaun »

brett

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:21 am »
Hmm, I did not see snake on the restaurant menus where I went. But in Wuhan there was a restaurant with snakes in a cage on the pavement outside. Hmm, they also had a goose and a cute bunny rabbit in a cage.

Andy don't worry about your lady getting fat. The curvy chinese lady is the very sexy lady!

Arnold

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 09:46:08 am »
What can I add , what the other's have not already said ? Andy , love your Photo's . You sure do look young for being 48 . :angel:
Enjoy buddy , this Lady could make your Dreams come True . :blush:

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 10:16:32 am »
Hi Andy,

Enjoying your posts; your lady is beautiful and I hope you have a great trip.  You're 48?  Gosh, what are you on - I'd like to get some of that!!

Enjoy!

John
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 12:19:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Johnboy' pid='21327' dateline='1256825792'

You're 48?  Gosh, what are you on - I'd like to get some of that!!

Enjoy!

John

I think Arnold was having fun with the age since Andy's profile lists him as 34. Still young looking though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:20:57 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

rcsingle1

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2009, 05:28:40 pm »
Andy,

The pic with the two of you walking in the park is great. You look great together!! She is a cutie :icon_biggrin:!
Looking forward to your updates.
RC

Offline Andy

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:09 pm »
I am in big trouble with my lady. Here is the whole story. Our translator helped me out to save money and recommended a collage student as a translator. She is young 19 years old kid, but her English seemed to be fine and she is also a very friendly person.

I am very friendly person and I always assume that people are good and honest until it is proven otherwise. I was too blind to see that this young girl developed a certain affection towards me that went behind friendship. She has changed the translations between us and as you can see where this goes it caused quite the damage. My lady try to warn me about her, but I did not understand her concern, because I though she knows that this kid is just trying to became our friend.

As it is now looking back to certain events I can see why she did not trusted her. I was just too stupid to notice it. To make this story short I have talked to our translator from the agency. She is very sorry to introduce us to collage student. She have talked to my lady and my lady told me how these kid was changing around our conversation. Here is the example. I have brought a number of gifts for my lady and one of them was a book full of pictures about California. The translator girl found this book very attractive so she told me that my lady does not want this gift, because she enjoys more practical things. I did hurt my feelings a little bit, but I did not want to make a big deal out of it (24hour rule).

Then she told me that my lady is fine with it if I let her have the book so I let her have the book since at least she can enjoy it. It was a lie. My lady liked the book and she want it to have it so I can only imagine what she though when I give this kid the book, just before they both left yesterday. Today the girl made even more mess of things just with her being with our present. That is another two pages and I am not a good writer.

To make it short. (again) My mistakes is that I have not payed attention to my lady warning about her. I should have got rid of the translator, before she arrived to my apartment where I was with her and waiting for my lady to arrive. She came with a friend then she left after she saw the girl was with me. Then I have talked with our agency translation and find out what is going on. I let the collage student know what is happening and I told her that I do not want to see her again and I told her that I do not want her to call my lady. I am sure she will call my lady and make things even worst. I was polite, but I am sure she did not take it well.

I have talked to my agency translator and told her that I will write a letter to my lady and try to patch things up before it is too late. I hope she can forgive me that I have been so blind. I wrote a short letter to let her know that I love her very much and I apologise for the mistakes I have done. I also told her that we need to talk with a help of our agency translator. I did not went into details, just kept it simple and to the point. I think that even though I have screwed up so bad she loves me enough to forgive me. I hope others will read this and learn from it. I will let you guys know what happen next and I hope it will be a good news.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 06:52:23 pm »
Jeez Andy...that is a horrible happening !!!

I sure hope that you can get it fixed.......this is yet one more trap for us to fall into....thanks for the "heads-up"...and fingers crossed for a happy resolution.

DavidE

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 08:18:05 pm »
I am sure if it gets explained properly she will understand. Just do not take too long to do it.  The longer you wait the more it looks like just an excuse. Or you are undecided which one you prefer.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Andy

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:52 pm »
I just talked to our agency translator and she told me not to worry too much. She is not angry with me or blame me for what happened, but she does not want to see that girl again. She will come to see me after work. Huge rock off my shoulders, I probably grow a couple of inches. I can't wait to see her. I wish I knew where she works.

shaun

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 10:43:48 pm »
Andy,

Lesson learned right?  I learned early on in my marriage to the uh, mother of my children that they know when another woman is coming her man wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy before he does.  So if she says something to you then you had better listen.  My ex would say to me, "You'd better watch that one."  What she meant was stay away and do not look at her very much if at all.

Shaun

Offline Andy

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 04:13:11 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='21374' dateline='1256870628'

Andy,

Lesson learned right?  I learned early on in my marriage to the uh, mother of my children that they know when another woman is coming her man wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy before he does.  So if she says something to you then you had better listen.  My ex would say to me, "You'd better watch that one."  What she meant was stay away and do not look at her very much if at all.

Shaun

Thanks for the advice Shaun. I will remember this lesson for sure. I am glad she is a lady who is willing to work things out. It is a good sign that she is the one for me. I only have a couple of more days left as I need to return on sunday and yesterday was a total waste. I feel there is more to learn about my lady and just not enough time.

brett

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 04:42:28 am »
Wow, sorry about your problems there Andy. I also feel I need to learn more about my lady - a week is just not long enough!

I am always worried that due to my complete lack of knowledge about Chinese I really have no idea what my lady is saying when people phone up etc. I need to learn Mandarin fast.

Have a good last couple of days!