Author Topic: My first trip to Changsha  (Read 14143 times)

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
RE: My first trip to Changsha
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 10:19:06 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='21339' dateline='1256833180'

Quote from: 'Johnboy' pid='21327' dateline='1256825792'

You're 48?  Gosh, what are you on - I'd like to get some of that!!

Enjoy!

John

I think Arnold was having fun with the age since Andy's profile lists him as 34. Still young looking though.

Thank you Rhonald.  Arnold, you're a naughty boy!!!  And I've wasted a lot of valuable time running round all the chemists and health food shops trying to find out what Andy is on......  mhhh:blush:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Arnold

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:01 am »
Andy , sorry you and your Lady had to endure this awful experience . But , what a great point you have brought forward . Many use any way they can to jump on the Bandwagon to catch a Foreign Husband ... don't they ?
Sorry Johnboy , I owe you a Dinner for that ... when ever your in LA .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:46:20 am by Arnold »

Offline Andy

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 10:36:24 pm »
I am waiting for my lady to arrive. I called her and asked her if she is ready. I just use my electronic translator to find the words and I became pretty good at reading pinyin. The hard part is to understand the answer for my question, but as days goes by it is easier to distingvis the words from each other and pick out those words that I can understand then try to make a guess what was the sentence is about. I rememeber that is how it was when I learned English. It took me about a year to learn English to the level where I could have conversations and if I could spend a year in China I am sure I could pick it up the language too. I have read that learning Chinese is hard to begin, but it will get easier as you progress. I just got a call from our new translator that they are about to arrive. I better make the most of my last day here. I am planing to take her to the boat ride at the park.

Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='21416' dateline='1256913901'

Andy , sorry you and your Lady had to endure this awful experience . But , what a great point you have brought forward . Many use any way they can to jump on the Bandwagon to catch a Foreign Husband ... don't they ?

Sorry Johnboy , I owe you a Dinner for that ... when ever your in LA .

Arnold it did teach me a valuable lesson which is to listen to my lady and also that do not get too friendly with other women. While I was thinking that I am making a new friend she was after more than that. I guess it shows that I do not have much experience with the ladies. I hope to meet with you someday and you lovely wife. You are a good example that we can find what we are all here for.

The pollution is really bothering my nose, I keep building up mocus. Is there anything I can take to fix this problem?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:54:43 pm by Andy »

Offline Peter

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 08:11:18 am »
Andy
Nik ( feisnik ) have a very good translator that he used before. PM him and you will get the name.. I got the name earlier but I didn't need a translator at my last visit..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:12:54 am by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Andy

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2009, 10:15:13 am »
My ariplane will leave tomorrow and I just had a wonderfull night with my lady. The weather has just changed and it became very windy and it cleaned up the air very well and I can actually see the buildings on the othersize of the river. To make sure I made a short video to record this never seen event. The strong wind forced us to change our plan, but it was not a total bust. I really hope this weather change do not delay my airplane tomorrow.

I do not know much about women, but I know they like to shop, so that is what I have decided to do first, besides she likes to walk on the walking street and show off her forgein boyfriend as we walked holding hands. I told her that she need to choose some clothes for me. She was unsure first but after I bough a jacket she choosen then she became more confident and she skillfuly procided to find me more colthes to buy. I also bought her a nice boot and when she asked me why I bought the shoe for her I told her that I want her to remember me when she wear her new shoe. After that she bought me a sweater from her own money so I will do the same. When we almost finished spending all my money we had take refuge from the wind in the McDonnalds. It might be not glamarous dinning experience, but my lady loved it very much. We started to get into some deep conversation about ourself and she talked lot of about herself.

I found the conversation very important so I stoped our talk and we went to my aprartment when we can talk better. The wind was picking up very well and I think she got scared so she grabed my arm and started to run just to reach our building. She was laughing hard and it was very good to see her so happy.

When we got into our apartment we countinued where we left off. We aslo had a some tender time when she skillfuly cut my nails. Nobody ever cut my nails before. I have never thought that such a simple act can show this much affection.
I was waiting for this conversation since I landed, but I could never engage her talk too much about herself so I was happy to learn about her personality. I did discovered certain discrapencies from the EMF letters. From the letters I have been informed that she does not like to party well that is not the truth, because she loves to go clubing and she love dancing. She is a very outgoing girl who does not like to stay at home and wash, clean and cook everyday. I let to belive otherwise. As it now I am sure that I want to continue with this lady, but it seems I just found out more about her real self. In one way I am happy that she has this wild side that loves clubing a dancing, because she will pull me out my otherwise boring everyday life. In the other way it worries me if she will be a stable person to raise a family. I will have to spend much more time with her and I think she has a complicated personality.
As from now on I am off from EMF letters and tomorrow I will ask her friend to translate between us. I am also going to have to be very honest to myself and think what I want to do, but love can sure blind my judgments.

I need to get ready for tomorrow. I will let you guys know how was the trip back.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2009, 11:56:48 am »
Yes Andy - a very mature approach you have there. Thanks for sharring your story with words and most importantly, pictures.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2009, 12:11:56 pm »
Great update Andy, I think we each do this at our own speed.
The hard bit starts when you get home and you start to think about your trip and re-live every step of the journey, just take it slow and remember what it feels like being with her now.
Oh and bring a hanky with you to the airport ;)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2009, 12:20:48 pm »
I agree about the sniffle rag Irishman. It took me 4 trips before I had no tears when I returned home. I guess it takes a few commutes until solidarity sets in and thus the arrivals and departures feel the norm.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:25:09 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

brett

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:44 am »
A great update Andy!

Yes love does cloud your thinking and makes it very hard to think objectively about your lady. On the one hand I really love my lady, on the other she has some rough edges which drive me mad. I hope your first week back at home won't be as tough as mine was. A combination of jetlag, viruses, pollution, lovesickness, tough Mandarin new course and a very negative EMF from my lady really hit me badly.

I think most Chinese ladies like to sing and dance, I have not yet met a shy Chinese lady who would rather stay at home washing the dishes :s.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 10:54:18 am »
Andy, no matter what happens in the future, you sound like you had a good trip full of memories.  So enjoy.  And no regrets.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 11:37:45 am »
Quote from: 'Andy' pid='21470' dateline='1256998513'

From the letters I have been informed that she does not like to party well that is not the truth, because she loves to go clubing and she love dancing. She is a very outgoing girl who does not like to stay at home and wash, clean and cook everyday. I let to belive otherwise. As it now I am sure that I want to continue with this lady, but it seems I just found out more about her real self. In one way I am happy that she has this wild side that loves clubing a dancing, because she will pull me out my otherwise boring everyday life. In the other way it worries me if she will be a stable person to raise a family. I will have to spend much more time with her and I think she has a complicated personality.

Andy , remember chinese Women are different ? This outgoing of Her's  is NOT about her , it's about you . She feels that's what makes you the happiest . This is just another sign , like cutting your Nail's ( which is a very Intimate thing to do ) as you have already noticed .
She really is falling for you , showing her way's to keep you happy . You must be doing something right , do get all this attention ... so keep it going . Just show her the same little things , so she can feel you two are on one page " Together " .

Ps: love to meet you someday , after things have settled a little . PM me your E-Mail and we can get together for Dinner or something in the near Future .

Offline Andy

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:16 am »
Sorry for the late check in. There was snow in Peking on Nov.1 when I should have left and they have delayed me 3 days. Just got home. I will write tomorrow when I have more time.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2009, 01:01:18 am »
Quote from: 'Andy' pid='22004' dateline='1257399856'

Sorry for the late check in. There was snow in Peking on Nov.1 when I should have left and they have delayed me 3 days. Just got home. I will write tomorrow when I have more time.

PEKING Andy - just how long have you been away?

Willy
Quote from: 'brett' pid='21556' dateline='1257072524'

I think most Chinese ladies like to sing and dance, I have not yet met a shy Chinese lady who would rather stay at home washing the dishes :s.

I will introduce you to mine one day Brett.  

Willy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:03:36 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Andy

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:46 pm »
If I would have a chance to redo this visit there are some things I would do differently. I would have scheduled my trip to fall on some Chinese holidays when she would have more days off. Then I would hire a professional translator. The biggest mistake I have done is hire a collage student to translate for us. Even her English speaking friends were bad not because they did not translate correctly, but because they always trying to chat away. They were chatting with each other and also they were making conversation with me and try to make me their new friend. I am fine with that since I like to make new friends, but more importantly I really want to hear my lady talk to me. Even though all the problems with the communication I did learn a lot of about her.

In the letters she wrote me that she loves me, but she never said it to me when I was there. I did though about it and first it worried me, but I have changed my mind. Even though she never said it I know she cares for me from the tender attachment and body language so I had to stop worry about it.  

All this problems with our communication had inspired her to seriously study English, as she wants to talk to me directly. From the bad experience there are some good things can come out. I am also motivated to get back to my mandarin studies and work hard to learn.

Abigbutt and brett I am glad that my lady is an outgoing type and that she makes new friends easily. I put more thinking into it and I figured that it is actually what I need. I need someone to have tons of fun with and pull me out of the rat race of everyday life. I miss her very much and I looking at my life here with a different eye. It is hard to explain.
I did have a problem with the pollution and it caused a pain in my nose and some leaking, but it is back to normal now. I used some nasal spray and also inhaled some steam from a hot pot of water. It fixed my nose within two days while I was in my hotel in Beijing. The jetlag is not too bad I adjust to time changes very well. I do feel tired and sleepy now as I am putting in some overtime at work, but I should be back in shape by tomorrow.

Earlier I decided not use EMF anymore, but I had to change my mind. Using a translator program and QQ is just not good enough. There are some things that are too important to let it get messed up in the translation.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »
Andy...I am pleased that you have rethought about Emf's, they ARE needed for IMPORTANT pieces of information (like it or not, and as long as they are translated properly).

Just remember that doing what your doing IS winning her heart, so keep it up:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: