Author Topic: My first trip to Changsha  (Read 14122 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: My first trip to Changsha
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »
Yes Andy, for daily chat QQ, MSM, or other devices are alright - but for serious words EMF ia a big help. Better a small cost getting the words across correctly then having you girl cross with you because of some misunderstanding. Thanks for sharring your story - now get ready for many daytime reflections deflecting you from work.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:58:18 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2009, 11:48:34 am »
Jim , could not agree with you more , with the love of my life have never used emf's , we use Yahoo Messenger/cam and QQ/cam daily with no problems , no mistakes and no bull ,and Ying has not a great English vocab , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

shaun

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23:14 pm »
Scott,

I completely disagree with what you are saying.  :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

:fi_lone_ranger: Shaun :fi_lone_ranger:

Offline maxx

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2009, 07:45:03 pm »
It can and does go eather way.I used Emf a couple of times after my first trip to China.And had good results everything was translated correctly.But I intimidated the translater.I told him.That I would be very unhappy.If he kept screwing around with the letters.Or He wasn't translating them right.AFter I told him that to his face we never had another problem.

shaun

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:44 pm »
Scott,

I was joking. After all I have been through the last couple of weeks I'd be foolish to really disagree.  I said it be because you said, "because now I'm not the only one disagreeing about something. Very nice for a change!"

I was in a hurry to leave the house when I read it and made a quick, I thought, funny comment.

Shaun

shaun

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2009, 07:52:27 am »
Jim,

I am working on a thread about what I went through with Pinky so as to give newbies some key signs to look for.  It is going to take a little time to sort through all of the data.

I thought I would have more time since I was out for 3 weeks because of having carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand on the 30th but the office has called me back to train new drivers.  We are short 14 and scraping the bottom of the barrel in the job pool.  You would think with unemployment being so high we would have people trying to bust the doors down.  If a person has been convicted of a DUI or a money related crime ever we will not hire them.  We are getting 1 out of about 25 people who can pass. I can't drive right now but I sure can train and can use the extra money.

Shaun

How about that for a hijack.  Employment.  Now back to our regular hijacking.  Take it away Jim. :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Andy

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 05:02:40 pm »
I am sticking with the direct e-mail contact now. I am using my computer to translate between us, but I told her if there is a problem understanding my letter we can use the agency translator. I do not think it will be necessary. I am learning much more using direct contact and I really do not want to use EMF again. I made a mistake to rush off to China to see my lady. I went there financially unprepared and it caused great doubts in my lady. She does not think I could support her and her mother. I wrote her a letter that while I am not as established as I should be at the my age of 35 we do share the same goals. I told her the truth that life with me will be not without problems and it will be not simple. She will have to study and work and love me to achieve the goals we both want. She will have to make a decision. I am afraid she might want a to live a life without problems and difficulties something I can not give to her.

Arnold

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 05:59:49 pm »
Andy , after reading your Post ... the first thing that came to my MInd ... was something my Wife wrote to me one day . As we discussed pretty much the same , about our Future . She quoted me ...

" Love will have us do many hard thing's , as long as we are together "

You put your Lady now in a position ... where you will see how much she really LOVES you . It might come back good or not so good , but you have a clear understanding how to move on from there . Well done , Andy . Honesty is alway's the best Policy .

rockycoon

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='22217' dateline='1257598347'

Jim,

I am working on a thread about what I went through with Pinky so as to give newbies some key signs to look for.  It is going to take a little time to sort through all of the data.

I thought I would have more time since I was out for 3 weeks because of having carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand on the 30th but the office has called me back to train new drivers.  We are short 14 and scraping the bottom of the barrel in the job pool.  You would think with unemployment being so high we would have people trying to bust the doors down.  If a person has been convicted of a DUI or a money related crime ever we will not hire them.  We are getting 1 out of about 25 people who can pass. I can't drive right now but I sure can train and can use the extra money.

Shaun

How about that for a hijack.  Employment.  Now back to our regular hijacking.  Take it away Jim. :icon_cheesygrin:

This just in from our newroom in Seligman....dit dit dit
What kind of trucks, I got a cdl and clean driving record for over 30 years
I just have a little problem with high blood pressure and hearing...what did you say...huh

Back to you howard.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:11:39 pm by rockycoon »

shaun

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2009, 08:41:48 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='22254' dateline='1257635417'

Quote from: 'shaun' pid='22217' dateline='1257598347'

Jim,

Shaun

This just in from our newroom in Seligman....dit dit dit
What kind of trucks, I got a cdl and clean driving record for over 30 years
I just have a little problem with high blood pressure and hearing...what did you say...huh

Back to you howard.....

Rocky,

CDL, the lack of hearing and patience is required.  So far you got 2 out of 3. They are long and yellow.  You can find them in every state in the US.  You see them for brief periods during the day. Most of them have the summer off. The driver of these vehicles are the only people in this world with all of their problems behind them.  Got the picture?

Shaun

Back to you Jim....

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2009, 10:04:29 pm »
are they Bananas????:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

shaun

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2009, 10:14:05 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='22280' dateline='1257649469'
are they Bananas????:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Mike, Yes it a higher level of learning needed for my job. How often do you see rocket scientist doing this kind of advanced work.  Well I do know one and a retired NASA Engineer.  Most of us have achieved our highest level of incompetence and edumacation.

Rob, with a few nuts sprinkled in.  I forget nuts or nut cases?  Hmmmm.

The alternative answer here is only in a bunch.

Shaun
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:14:51 pm by shaun »

Offline Andy

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
She wrote me a response and wrote me that she is not afraid of any hardship that comes along. Even though she is willing to work and study she is still worried that she will be a great burden on me and the burden will cause unhappiness for both of us. I have told her again that she will be no burden on me. The people I love are never can be burden on me. I do not think my words are reaching her. I believe she wants to see some action from my side. More action less talk kind of thing. Yesterday she left me a note on QQ. She wrote " I miss you and I wish you are a Chinese man." I used the translator so I thought the translator got some word wrong, but I did a word by word analysis and the translation looks right. She does not like Chinese man so I am not sure what to think of it. I wait 24 hour before I ask her. Maybe she just want me to be there with her?

Offline maxx

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »
Andy yes that is what she is trying to tell you.She is telling you that if you were a Chinese man you two wouldn't have to be apart.For long periods

Vince G

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2009, 09:35:54 pm »
She may have said a man Living in China? and it translated to chinese man?